Perz' Low Life Righteous Fire Cycloner

ok, get like 1000ex on gear.
throw all the most expensive stuff together get some random skills to clear a lvl77 map.

what is the efford here, compared to a guys who 1st killed atziri with equip with less total worth then then your rings?

or is it just that we see how rich some guys can become in standard league?

don't get me wrong, its impressive to see, how stats can go up with perfect equip, but 99,999% of the PoE-Players wont ever reach such a stage in the game.
the thread is no guide, cause most ppl could never copy it.
so the videos are more or less a technique demo. the own efford is quiet limited, cause the content you show is designed for ways less equip.
Last edited by hunTShoo on Mar 16, 2014, 7:00:27 AM
"
hunTShoo wrote:
ok, get like 1000ex on gear.
throw all the most expensive stuff together get some random skills to clear a lvl77 map.

what is the efford here, compared to a guys who 1st killed atziri with equip with less total worth then then your rings?

or is it just that we see how rich some guys can become in standard league?

don't get me wrong, its impressive to see, how stats can go up with perfect equip, but 99,999% of the PoE-Players wont ever reach such a stage in the game.
the thread is no guide, cause most ppl could never copy it.
so the videos are more or less a technique demo. the own efford is quiet limited, cause the content you show is designed for ways less equip.

Just because his build uses some of the best equipment in the game, doesn't mean you can't make this build with average gear. The only required gear is Phoenix, which you can pick up for 1-2 exalt and Shavronne's Revelation (a little pricey at about 15 exalts but not that hard to acquire in Standard). You can use Solaris Lorica in place of Shavronne's. And you don't need Crown or The Taming. Those two items are nice for big damage boosts.

I'm not really sure why you're upset with someone posting up there build. Some builds are more expensive to make (gear wise), that's what makes them hard and more fun for some. The whole point is to make new and exotic builds. You don't have to copy a "1000ex" gear build. Copy the 1st guy to kill Atziri's build.
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
Any way to modify this for ambush since I cant get a shavronnes revelation?

Just working on getting a crown and i have all i need i think.
Onslaught // Dale
"
Dale wrote:
Any way to modify this for ambush since I cant get a shavronnes revelation?

Just working on getting a crown and i have all i need i think.

You could use Blood Dance with frenzy charges for more than enough es regen.
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
Hello,
For those without Soul Taker, how do they get mana to use cyclone when they are using shavronne's revelation?

With righteous fire on, what is the maximum amount of auras you can cast?
Based on my calculations:
Life
2 x 60% Aura > ( 1/(0.71x1.96x0.59) = 121.8% )

Mana
3 x 60% Aura + 1 40% Aura ( 1/(0.71x0.59) = 238.7%)

6 Self-Cast Auras Total:
Anger 60%
Hatred 60%
Wrath 60%
Grace 60%
Discipline 60%
Purity of fire 40%

My question is, how come you can run so many auras even with righteous fire on? (This is assuming you do not wear prism guardian or malachai when fighting)
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Mar 17, 2014, 9:38:35 AM
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
Hello,
For those without Soul Taker, how do they get mana to use cyclone when they are using shavronne's revelation?

With righteous fire on, what is the maximum amount of auras you can cast?
Based on my calculations:
Life
2 x 60% Aura > ( 1/(0.71x1.96x0.59) = 121.8% )

Mana
3 x 60% Aura + 1 40% Aura ( 1/(0.71x0.59) = 238.7%)

6 Self-Cast Auras Total:
Anger 60%
Hatred 60%
Wrath 60%
Grace 60%
Discipline 60%
Purity of fire 40%

My question is, how come you can run so many auras even with righteous fire on? (This is assuming you do not wear prism guardian or malachai when fighting)

You shouldn't use Shav's ring without Soul Taker. Also cyclone costs way too much for a build without ST imo. If you want to use another weapon than ST, I suggest to go for a crit one and use another attack such as spectral throw if your weapon has high crit or infernal blow if it doesn't.

As for the auras: Check out the tree and look for reduced mana reserved nodes.
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
Last edited by Perz on Mar 17, 2014, 1:08:17 PM
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

Feedback/Questions on non-crit version of build

The reason why I like your build is because I feel that cyclone and righteous fire synergies well with each other as they are both melee effect skills that require us to get close to the mobs to deal damage. It is a pity though that cyclone requires an insanely high base mana cost of 36, with the multiplier effect from the other 5 gems linked, the mana cost would skyrocket and it is hard to sustain it even with a high mana regen/leech.

If I were to use other ranged skills such as spectre throw, or what I am using now, powersiphon, the dps from righteous fire would be wasted as we are mostly standing far away from the mobs.

I agree with you that I could possibly use infernal blow which is a melee skill and thus, would allow righteous fire to become useful. In addition to that, infernal blow has a low base mana of 13, almost 3 times less than that of cyclone, allowing us to use shavonne's revelation as the mana can be gain back through mana leech much more easily than cyclone or mana potions (if necessary).

Feedback/Questions on crit version of build
For the crit version of your build, instead of a soul taker, a high DPS 1-handed axe is used. As mention previously, with the high mana cost of cyclone (180.8 Mana per use x 6.21 attacks per second = 1122 mana per second) *Note: 6.21/sec from your 111kdps image*, how it is possible to sustain the mana cost?

I'm quite ignorant on these issues, if I said anything incorrect please do correct me.
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Mar 17, 2014, 11:57:48 PM
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

Feedback/Questions on non-crit version of build

The reason why I like your build is because I feel that cyclone and righteous fire synergies well with each other as they are both melee effect skills that require us to get close to the mobs to deal damage. It is a pity though that cyclone requires an insanely high base mana cost of 36, with the multiplier effect from the other 5 gems linked, the mana cost would skyrocket and it is hard to sustain it even with a high mana regen/leech.

If I were to use other ranged skills such as spectre throw, or what I am using now, powersiphon, the dps from righteous fire would be wasted as we are mostly standing far away from the mobs.

I agree with you that I could possibly use infernal blow which is a melee skill and thus, would allow righteous fire to become useful. In addition to that, infernal blow has a low base mana of 13, almost 3 times less than that of cyclone, allowing us to use shavonne's revelation as the mana can be gain back through mana leech much more easily than cyclone or mana potions (if necessary).

Feedback/Questions on crit version of build
For the crit version of your build, instead of a soul taker, a high DPS 1-handed axe is used. As mention previously, with the high mana cost of cyclone (180.8 Mana per use x 6.21 attacks per second = 1122 mana per second) *Note: 6.21/sec from your 111kdps image*, how it is possible to sustain the mana cost?

I'm quite ignorant on these issues, if I said anything incorrect please do correct me.

As I previously answered, only use cyclone if you have a Soul Taker. If you want to go for crit without a Soul Taker, use Infernal Blow, which has a base 7% crit chance thus you won't need crit on your weapon.
Thanks for clearing it up!

By the way, I noticed that you did not take unwavering stance for your build. In other words, since we run on ES, we only have a 50% chance to block stun. Would there be a major danger, especially since we are a melee character? (For the non-cyclone build. I understand that cyclone prevents us from being stunned.)
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
Thanks for clearing it up!

By the way, I noticed that you did not take unwavering stance for your build. In other words, since we run on ES, we only have a 50% chance to block stun. Would there be a major danger, especially since we are a melee character? (For the non-cyclone build. I understand that cyclone prevents us from being stunned.)

For PvP I put on Eye of Chayula and Dreamfragments so I cannot be frozen or stunned anymore. You'll loose some damage and es but it's worth it. As for crit Infernal Blow build I suggest you do the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info