Undiscovered Recipe Public Bounty Thread

"
htblind wrote:

Monsta just an offtopic post , you might be more informed then me...The chance drop of the sots is less then a mirror ? And it`s a world drop or only map drop?

I'm aware of 3 SotS that have been found so far, so yes that makes it considerably more rare than any other item in the game. I spammed over 50 exalt's worth of chances on my regular rod and couldn't get an SotS out of it, so if it's possible to craft, I think it is from a recipe involving regular rods. Note that I'm not saying it is actually possible, but I think it is highly likely.

And no, it's not off topic, recipe is recipe :)
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Feb 19, 2014, 7:00:35 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I spammed over 50 exalt's worth

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
:)

"
MonstaMunch wrote:

"
MonstaMunch wrote:

:(

"
Juicebox360 wrote:

But imagine if it had worked bro. I would have had an SotS for under 50 exalt, that would be OP. I can see why GGG made it non chancable.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Juicebox360 wrote:

But imagine if it had worked bro. I would have had an SotS for under 50 exalt, that would be OP. I can see why GGG made it non chancable.

it's a matter of finding the base item too. are fishing rods that common? and they don't spawn in new leagues no less
"
battled wrote:
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
First recipe was already discovered in post "I know new vendor recipes" few days ago.

Vendoring any Q+ gems to 40+ total quality nets you GCP.

Only problem I see is that we already had this recepie avalible in open beta :'D

Yes. That entire thread is completely worthless. This recipe has been common knowledge forever. It's the same as vendoring quality flasks to get glassblower baubles.
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
it's a matter of finding the base item too. are fishing rods that common? and they don't spawn in new leagues no less

Yeah they do, and it's not pure chance. Varanice followed my methods and found two rods in two days, on seperate leagues. He posted them in the forums. I posted a rod in the albino rhoa thread before anyone else. If they are so rare and the drop is down to pure chance, how do you explain that? The one guy who was giving pro fishing tips turns out to be the first to find a rod, and the guy following his advice finds them on multiple leagues.

There is no logical explanation for that, other than rod drops not being as pure chance as you and everyone else seems to think. Just because I made a joke about having to chant "jabberjaws is my hero and monsta is a close second" when you play for the rod to drop, everyone made out like that means nothing else I was saying could possibly be true. It's flawed logic, and it ignores the evidence.

#jabberjawsyoloswag
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Feb 19, 2014, 7:16:26 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Juicebox360 wrote:

Yeah they do, and it's not pure chance. Varanice followed my methods and found two rods in two days, on seperate leagues. He posted them in the forums. I posted a rod in the albino rhoa thread before anyone else. If they are so rare and the drop is down to pure chance, how do you explain that? The one guy who was giving pro fishing tips turns out to be the first to find a rod, and the guy following his advice finds them on multiple leagues.

There is no logical explanation for that, other than rod drops not being as pure chance as you and everyone else seems to think. Just because I made a joke about having to chant "jabberjaws is my hero and monsta is a close second" when you play for the rod to drop, everyone made out like that means nothing else I was saying could possibly be true. It's flawed logic, and it ignores the evidence.

#jabberjawsyoloswag

my apologies mate. didn't mean to antagonise or anything. i just come to the forums to shitpost when bored, not totally up to speed on this fish business. you say there's a method to the madness? i'd be interested in hearing it
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
my apologies mate. didn't mean to antagonise or anything. i just come to the forums to shitpost when bored, not totally up to speed on this fish business. you say there's a method to the madness? i'd be interested in hearing it

No apologies needed. I get that most people think fishing is a giant troll. Maybe it's all part of the fishing thing, like it's made to troll the trolls who think it's a troll when it actually isn't. How awesome would that be on a scale of 1-10? At least 11 amirite?

Use the search feature to find fishing related threads with instructions, there are plenty of them. Use common sense to work out what's reel and what isn't.

Start with what you now know to be fact: people who said that rods aren't real were wrong. They were very, very wrong. And rather than just man up and admit it, they just go on to claim that other parts of it aren't real instead. It's almost laughable really.

Also, some music to listen to while you research <3
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
/snip

The problem is when you encourage people to use eternals when it has nothing at all to do with anything. It may be a laugh to you but an eternal is alot of currency for some of those people and you would have had an adverse effect on their gaming experience.

In other words you took it too far.
adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
Well. I also know someone who found a rod ... and hey, it just dropped in a map ... nothing you have to do to make it drop ... temple map lvl 71.

World drop with a damn low drop chance. that's all.

Jabberjaw might be existing and it is a possibility that you need to kill him to start some quest to be actually able to fish, but that's not a prooven fact.
Last edited by Xantaria on Feb 19, 2014, 7:49:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info