Fire Witch Build (No Totems/Summons) - Effective Hitpoint Build - Videos included

Its possible you went a bit overboard with the hp. haha
Earlier suggestions were to get some early hp, str for building fire, as it has so much str needs on much of its skills. that you could refund later, after meeting the needs.

I'm interested in seeing how this would turn out, honestly though.

A few more fire things I didnt metion.

Cold to fire support.
up to 80% cold to fire. This is interesting as it gets both damage buffs.
a freezing pulse of 50 damage with +20% cold, and +20% fire. +20% cold 50*1.2=60 80% converted to fire,42*20% fire=50
so you do 18 cold, and 50 fire. 68 total.
Whats best for this? dunno. pulse is a good contender. Spear would be, but too similar to fireball in the first place.
Frost breath?
Ice nova is weak. coldsnap weak. A few of the melee options like glacial would work.

Fireball is aoe. I talked about maxing firstorm, but not fireball. I honestly, never really tried it out much.
Chain+concentrated aoe? shouldn't that be really good with fireball?
"
Its possible you went a bit overboard with the hp. haha
Earlier suggestions were to get some early hp, str for building fire, as it has so much str needs on much of its skills. that you could refund later, after meeting the needs.

Actually, I didnt because stacking EHP is neccesary in higher difficulties - I hit that point on Act 3 cruel.

About the skills you mentioned, no Idea, have to do some math.
Thanks for idea, Ill think about it.
Twitch: twitch.tv/gg_nore | Twitter: @Ler_GG
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
IGN: LerLoLGEE
*REPORT*

Act3 normal, last quest:
Works pretty smooth. But got some kind of Mana problems - thinking about how to solve em.
Got not enough mana to run Clarity and Tempest Shield.
Pull everything together, wait for Molten Shell procc, profit.
Lets see in some hours how cruel will work out, because I got no real shield yet :D

Tested Righteous Fire - Kinda weird spell and does not trigger molten shell -.-*
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
This sounds like fun!
The only problem is surviving long enough to get to the health nodes.
I would almost suggest going for the health nodes first for the sake of
surviving in hardcore. Then id pick up all of the dps nodes and area effect.
"
Ler wrote:
*REPORT*

Act3 normal, last quest:
Works pretty smooth. But got some kind of Mana problems - thinking about how to solve em.
Got not enough mana to run Clarity and Tempest Shield.
Pull everything together, wait for Molten Shell procc, profit.
Lets see in some hours how cruel will work out, because I got no real shield yet :D

Tested Righteous Fire - Kinda weird spell and does not trigger molten shell -.-*

If you have ever played warcraft 3, there is a hero named illidan who has
an ability called immolation. the ability does damage over time to enemies and himself.
although, at first, this seems counter-intuitive, the realization dawns that it does AoE
damage. Doesn't seem like much, i know, but there are builds that are created to counteract
the dmg done to your character.
"
Casia wrote:

Chain+concentrated aoe? shouldn't that be really good with fireball?

Im trying to get to that stage in my characters development (on hardcore) but I keep
dieing!
Apologies for the skill build but I've been working on this facetank fire witch for a while. Havn't had time to work her to a high level but heres the lowdown.

defenses:
104% health
104% armor
1% health regen per sec
130% es
60% res
12% extra block
12% of block for spells
35% extra defenses from shield
30% extra es from shield
50% block reco

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEEswVCBVsHYwj0EmkUTRVQFxwZhRoyGjgabB8CJKoqjSsNLJw2xTbYNuk8BT1fQZZDY0bXSRtN2E99UWBSU1WuVytY9V3GYG1mnnB9cU1xeXNTeQN65n1TfuKAVoFvghCCm4M4hcWHZYgbi3qLjIx2jmSQVZeFl5WX9JrPnC2dgJ2uncSePJ_fogCnCKcrp4Spla6zr7e1BLaGtvq3McAawFTUfNgk2t3d89-w4XPjauQi5nznaulz7FXtIO9874XxbPem-tI=

Heres the main focus of this build:
40% extra aoe area. From what ive read this makes firestorm hit 5 of 8 projectiles. Adding an aoe gem should up it possibly to max. Increased duration gem... On paper that would be 18/18 hits per cast in an area (1.2s*1.8/.12).... add Blind.

Burn passives makes burn trap work well.

Fire damage and aoe passives will make detonate dead into a monster.

If that doesnt work can always fall back with fireball multiproj fork.
Last edited by scrangos on Jan 28, 2013, 3:14:54 AM
*UPDATE 1.03*

Added a full gear list in the gear section.
Added important stats and additional stats.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
I suggest getting fire trap as an extra aoe skill. Fire trap initial damage has been buffed up, together with searing touch it will really increase the damage potential and the dot of fire trap and other fire skills.
"
scrangos wrote:
Apologies for the skill build but I've been working on this facetank fire witch for a while. Havn't had time to work her to a high level but heres the lowdown.

defenses:
104% health
104% armor
1% health regen per sec
130% es
60% res
12% extra block
12% of block for spells
35% extra defenses from shield
30% extra es from shield
50% block reco

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEEswVCBVsHYwj0EmkUTRVQFxwZhRoyGjgabB8CJKoqjSsNLJw2xTbYNuk8BT1fQZZDY0bXSRtN2E99UWBSU1WuVytY9V3GYG1mnnB9cU1xeXNTeQN65n1TfuKAVoFvghCCm4M4hcWHZYgbi3qLjIx2jmSQVZeFl5WX9JrPnC2dgJ2uncSePJ_fogCnCKcrp4Spla6zr7e1BLaGtvq3McAawFTUfNgk2t3d89-w4XPjauQi5nznaulz7FXtIO9874XxbPem-tI=

Heres the main focus of this build:
40% extra aoe area. From what ive read this makes firestorm hit 5 of 8 projectiles. Adding an aoe gem should up it possibly to max. Increased duration gem... On paper that would be 18/18 hits per cast in an area (1.2s*1.8/.12).... add Blind.

Burn passives makes burn trap work well.

Fire damage and aoe passives will make detonate dead into a monster.

If that doesnt work can always fall back with fireball multiproj fork.

Thanks for this build and stat summary!
#3 Hardcore Duelist |

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info