Fire Witch Build (No Totems/Summons) - Effective Hitpoint Build - Videos included

This build is a result of my tests in act 3 cruel with my old build.
Since my old build lacked EHP, I figured out a new one and want to share it with all those witches out there, who don't want to play totems/summons and prefer a pure fire build.

I just started to level a new character testing this specific build.
Watch out for updates posted.
I will also stream my progress on twitch for people interested in seeing progress/rotations and game play.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire build (EHP Stack) - Molten Shell/Fireball/Fire rain:

Revision: 1.7

Summary:
Spoiler

As you progress in cruel and merciless, effective hit points will be more and more important to avoid one shots.
You going to stack survivability passives like + %life, + %armor, +% Resistances and %lifereg. Later on, you will add more AoE-Range and fire/elemental damage.
The gear you choose will require high armor, resistances and energy shield.
Energy shield is used to buffer Molten Shell proccs. As DPS skills, you gonna use Fire Ball and Fire Rain. Your defensive skills will be Molten Shell and Tempest Shell. For mana reg, clarity is a good choice.

This thread contains 4 sections:
- Build
- Armor/Weapon suggestions
- Gems Skills and Support
- Videos

Build:

Gear (Weapons/O-Hand/Armor):
Spoiler

Weapons/O-Hand:

Wand:
- High Spelldmg
- Add +1 fire skills
- Faster cast rate
- Increase Fire Spelldmg
Adds:
- Mana
- Intelligence
- Strength

Shield:
- High Armor
- Resistances
Adds:
- Mana
- Life
- Intelligence
- Strength
- Block recovery
- Spell dmg

Armor:

Helm:
- High Armor
- Life
Adds:
- Strength
- Intelligence
- Mana
- Resistances

Chest:
- High Armor
- Life
Adds:
- Strength
- Intelligence
- Mana
- Resistances

Gloves:
- High Armor
- Life
Adds:
- Strength
- Intelligence
- Resistances
- Life on hit
- Mana

Boots:
- High Armor
- Life
Adds:
- Resistances
- Strength
- Intelligence
- Mana

Belt:
- Block Recovery
Adds:
- Strength
- Intelligence
- Life
- Mana

Rings:
- Resistances
Adds:
- Faster cast rate
- Strength
- Intelligence
- Manareg

Amulet:
- 30 Intelligence/Strength
Adds:
- Strength
- Intelligence
- Manareg
- Faster cast rate
- Resistances

Skill Set (Skill and Support Gems):
Spoiler

Gem Summary

Skill Gems:
Fireball
Fire rain
Molten Shell
Tempest Shield
Clarity
Purity
Flammability
Discipline/Lightning Warp

Support Gems:
Faster Casting
Added Lightning Damage
Increased Critical Strikes
Chance to Ignite
Iron Will
Fire Penetration
Reduced Mana
Increased Area of Effect

Gem set:

+ is an immportant support gem.
~ is an optinal support gem.

Fireball
+ Fire Penetration
+ Faster Cast
+ Chance to ignite
+ Increased Critical Strikes
~ Iron Will

Fire rain
+ Fire Penetration
+ Increased Area of Effect
+ Iron Will
~ Faster Cast
~ Chance to Ignite

Molten Shell
+ Fire Penetration
+ Iron Will
+ Chance to Ignite
~ Increased Duration
~ Increased Critical Strikes

Flammability
+ Increased Area of Effect
~ Faster cast

Tempest Shield
+ Reduced Mana
+ Iron Will
+ Added Lightning Damage

Clarity
+ Reduced Mana

Purity
+ Reduced Mana

Game play Stream (Party and Solo):

Game play videos:
Spoiler

Normal:

Act 1-3 normal play through:
http://www.twitch.tv/gg_nore/b/361373601
Act 3 normal play through:
http://www.twitch.tv/gg_nore/b/361495847

Cruel:
Act 1 cruel play through:
http://www.twitch.tv/gg_nore/b/361760833

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest change:
Spoiler

- Reworked Skill Set section. Added for each Skill important and optional support gems.
- Added new video: cruel act 1 play through.

Full Change log:
Spoiler

- Reworked Skill Set section. Added for each Skill important and optional gems.
- Added new video: cruel act 1 play through.

- Changed build - Skipped 2x Fire res and went for Armor Mastery instead(Marauder-Tree).

- Added summary section.

- Added videos section.

- Updated gear list. Added for each slots stats you want to have and additional stats.

- Added new talents to build (t1 witch 40% mana reg) and Elemental Adaption.

- Added correct build.
- Added stream link.
- Thread release.

Any advices, ideas and thoughts are welcome.

Please keep this thread fire only. I don't want any lightning/Frost/Summon/Totem posts here.

Twitch: twitch.tv/gg_nore | Twitter: @Ler_GG
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
IGN: LerLoLGEE
Last edited by Ler on Jan 29, 2013, 12:41:59 AM
That is a manly witch.

I support your transgendered character and her life choices.
Uhhh, from your build, Marauder != Witch!

What?
*UPDATED*

- Added correct build.
- Added gamyeplay/progress/test stream.

"
Casia wrote:
That is a manly witch.

I support your transgendered character and her life choices.

"
Zapados wrote:
Uhhh, from your build, Marauder != Witch!

What?

I'm sorry, copied the wrong build.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Jan 27, 2013, 3:46:51 PM
Might be interesting.

Get that +5 max resists node down in marauder area.

Rightous fire in the mix as well. Be sure to max fire resists.

Put at least 1 point for that first 40% regen witch node.
"
Casia wrote:
Might be interesting.

Get that +5 max resists node down in marauder area.

Rightous fire in the mix as well. Be sure to max fire resists.

Put at least 1 point for that first 40% regen witch node.

Thanks for the advice. Gonna add an updated skill tree.

*UPDATE*
- New skill tree.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
This is a Templar build I see no reason to use this since as a witch you would benefit more from picking up ES nodes in the starting witch area as well as shadow tree along with Templar ones.

Also if you started Templar you would have plenty of points to get pyromaniac instead of wasting it on firewalker (well you could still get firewalker its only a couple points away) and all those nodes to get to the Templar side that could be put into bettering your defense.

This is how I would do that build of yours. Notice it uses more points than yours cause I go for body and soul as well as Armour nodes in marauder tree as nothing helps EHP more than Armour.

Plus this build should be much easier on you through normal difficulty than the one you are currently using.

In short you are wasting points by starting in the witch tree but don't let my post discourage you I understand that some people like a challenge and a high ehp health/armor witch certainly is a challenge I just wanted to point out that a templar could do it soo much better.
Last edited by WarpSprite on Jan 27, 2013, 4:44:01 PM
*double post due server down*
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Jan 27, 2013, 5:06:26 PM
"
WarpSprite wrote:
This is a Templar build I see no reason to use this since as a witch you would benefit more from picking up ES nodes in the starting witch area as well as shadow tree along with Templar ones.

Also if you started Templar you would have plenty of points to get pyromaniac instead of wasting it on firewalker (well you could still get firewalker its only a couple points away) and all those nodes to get to the Templar side that could be put into bettering your defense.

This is how I would do that build of yours. Notice it uses more points than yours cause I go for body and soul as well as Armour nodes in marauder tree as nothing helps EHP more than Armour.

Plus this build should be much easier on you through normal difficulty than the one you are currently using.

In short you are wasting points by starting in the witch tree but don't let my post discourage you I understand that some people like a challenge and a high ehp health/armor witch certainly is a challenge I just wanted to point out that a templar could do it soo much better.

At first, thank you for your thoughts.

Some people want to play witch - And witches provide benefits no other classes provide.
I.E:
- On decent gear no recource costs for spells.
- High ES
- Three or even more auras since you have a high mana pool.
- Easy accesable high DPS talents (Crit/FCR)

The second thing is - I just posted a basic EHP build. When I hit the point on level 50, I ll develop the further.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Jan 27, 2013, 5:05:22 PM
"
Ler wrote:
"
WarpSprite wrote:

At first, thank you for your thoughts.

Some people want to play witch - And witches provide benefits no other classes provide.
I.E:
- On decent gear no recource costs for spells.
- High ES
- Three or even more auras since you have a high mana pool.
- Easy accesable high DPS talents (Crit/FCR)

The second thing is - I just posted a basic EHP build. When I hit the point on level 50, I ll develop the further.

Thx for the reply and I totally agree if you want to play witch go for it but I do need to point out that none of those things you listed are true.

1. any class can wear any gear and none of the stats are class specific the only thing one can say is that certain classes have a slightlyt easier time getting the str/dex/int than others but this is only really a problem for about the first 30lvl. Im not sure where you are getting the no reasource(mana?) cost from spells thing can you point out the stat that does that as i can find it here http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/prefixmod

2.Witch does start near some good ES nodes but Im not sure what that has to do with your high health/armor build as you are not getting ES in your build.

3. Any class can stack auras. Now the witch dose have alot of mana passives in the tree (assuming you choose to work your way to them) but again what does this have to do with your build? You should be spending almost every point you can get on maxing that health/armor/fire damage at least in hardcore mode.

4. Have you seen the crit nodes in the shadow tree?? It puts the witch to shame and yes those crit nodes apply to both weapons and spells.

Again Im not trying to be mean or dismissive its just I rather not see false information spread on these forums as we have a lot of new players asking questions.
Last edited by WarpSprite on Jan 27, 2013, 5:30:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info