Are mods being overly strict now?

I AM FILLED WITH RAAAAGE! WOOOOAAARARWWRRR I HATE ALL AND EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD

Will my post get removed now?
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
[removed by support]

There you go.
Depending on the offense it is still very difficult to handle every case consistent with their ToU given and the overall will to have a place not too toxic (yeah, that is something one would normally want: critique != being an asshole).

If you think somebody of support is having trouble in making this place better, leave a mail for supervisor review. Won't do anything to discuss this shit in this piss pool of crap here. You exactly know what type of people are attracted to this threads. People like me.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 4, 2014, 11:57:00 AM
"
Jojas wrote:
"
[removed by support]

There you go.

Enjoy your probation.
Inconsistent perhaps. Overly strict? not at all, there are some blatant trolls and I even know of a recent case of someone shitting threads in 4chan /vg/ PoE general then making alt account here to do the exact same thing and that person remains untouched.

Also there are quite a few forum names of trolls, no need to say anything, everyone knows who they are, since calling out is against the rules but deliberate annoyance and being nocive to the community isnt.

Which creates a fantastic game: One of those could very well quote my post and say that they agree and that some people should be banned. Doing some obvious baiting AND if someone were to answer in the way they deserve, that person would be the one screwed.
Its actually a relatively common problem in nowadays society, or maybe it has always been, those who abuse tend to be in advantage of those who respect. Hurray! Viva la sociedad!

EDIT: predictably now that I check the thread decently, they are already here
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 4, 2014, 2:34:10 PM
If it was up to me I would kick all mods and use the money saved for optimizing certain ingame graphical effects of more than reasonable problematic nature.

I would like to be called something immature and be perfectly free to respond with an even more immature scentence.

There are also times when the immature scentence will convey a message more efficiently, for example: fuck the mods. Focus on the retarded game. Perfectly conveys the same message as above but with fewer words.

"
"
"
iamstryker wrote:
Resurrecting this thread. Wanting to see what people currently think on the subject of moderating being inconsistent.

Recently two things happened which bother me in regards to the moderating. I'll start with the most recently. I had an entire post removed recently and all it had in it was about 4 quotes from another poster and the only thing I wrote was "I'll just leave this here". The message I got about the removal was that I was naming and shaming. This has me very confused, I've never heard in the past that you can't quote another poster, it blows my mind that it wouldn't' be allowed.

The other thing that happened not too long ago was that I reported a guy for name calling twice and his posts never even got edited. Oh well, I just let it go. But now that my post got removed for something so insignificant it does bother me that someone who was blatantly name calling never even got edited.

Long story short, the moderating is still very inconsistent. I honestly don't care what they do as long as I understand it and they are consistent. But that's not the case and as much as I try to ignore it, it really gets under my skin sometimes.

Yes this is totally unacceptable. It can't be naming and shaming because the person put it on the forums for everyone to see. That's the WHOLE POINT OF THE FORUM.

[Removed by Support]

Thats like saying people are not homophobic when they clearly use homophobic slur.

I know I shouldnt, but around the internet the word that stands for ciggarettes in british has a different meaning (in diminutive, and fullword I think is also a dish of meatballs), words evolve, ever seen that one south park episode?
Its exactly about it:
http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word

Some people WANT to see hate everywhere, dont be one of 'em.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 4, 2014, 3:56:13 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
Inconsistent perhaps. Overly strict? not at all, there are some blatant trolls and I even know of a recent case of someone shitting threads in 4chan /vg/ PoE general then making alt account here to do the exact same thing and that person remains untouched.

Ya maybe I should change the title. I'm not really arguing that they are too strict I just get tired of the inconsistency and the fact I sometimes have absolutely no clue that they are going to remove my post because somehow they don't like it for some reason that completely escapes me. I just don't know how I am supposed to learn their system when it appears to be so inconsistent.

Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Ya maybe I should change the title. I'm not really arguing that they are too strict I just get tired of the inconsistency and the fact I sometimes have absolutely no clue that they are going to remove my post because somehow they don't like it for some reason that completely escapes me. I just don't know how I am supposed to learn their system when it appears to be so inconsistent.

I think it has more to do with butt-hurt people getting their friends to all join in and report certain posts in a manner that the support people don't even look at the content, they just remove/delete the content that has been reported by the butt-hurt parties.

That is what I see happening anyway. I have had many things removed/deleted that there was no fucking way it should have been an issue.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info