Are mods being overly strict now?

"
iamstryker wrote:
Resurrecting this thread. Wanting to see what people currently think on the subject of moderating being inconsistent.

Recently two things happened which bother me in regards to the moderating. I'll start with the most recently. I had an entire post removed recently and all it had in it was about 4 quotes from another poster and the only thing I wrote was "I'll just leave this here". The message I got about the removal was that I was naming and shaming. This has me very confused, I've never heard in the past that you can't quote another poster, it blows my mind that it wouldn't' be allowed.

The other thing that happened not too long ago was that I reported a guy for name calling twice and his posts never even got edited. Oh well, I just let it go. But now that my post got removed for something so insignificant it does bother me that someone who was blatantly name calling never even got edited.

Long story short, the moderating is still very inconsistent. I honestly don't care what they do as long as I understand it and they are consistent. But that's not the case and as much as I try to ignore it, it really gets under my skin sometimes.

Stop necroing threads. :/
"
iamstryker wrote:
I had an entire post removed recently and all it had in it was about 4 quotes from another poster and the only thing I wrote was "I'll just leave this here". The message I got about the removal was that I was naming and shaming. This has me very confused, I've never heard in the past that you can't quote another poster, it blows my mind that it wouldn't' be allowed.

I can think of instances where this could probably be similar to name and shaming depending on the context on how you made the post. Like if I was quoting someone being a complete tool in a thread just to disparage them then I think there's no need for it.

Did you speak to the mods about either of these cases?
"

Stop necroing threads. :/

It's extremely ironic that your the first to respond.
Standard Forever
"
Hypomaniac wrote:

Did you speak to the mods about either of these cases?

I responded to the one who removed my post asking about it and letting him know I was very confused. So far no response back. The other one I let go at the time so no I haven't contacted anyone. Going back at this point just to edit out his insults really doesn't matter anymore. I was just bringing it up because the inconsistency is really bothering me in light of what just happened

And no the guy wasn't being a complete jerk in his posts, he was just saying some of the things he has said many many times before. I was quoting them to prove a point.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Aug 4, 2014, 6:52:20 AM
Praise the forum staff! Some [removed by support] are indeed questionable.

Also see my sig. Happens to me 50% of the time i create a thread.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Aug 4, 2014, 7:01:18 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
Resurrecting this thread. Wanting to see what people currently think on the subject of moderating being inconsistent.

Recently two things happened which bother me in regards to the moderating. I'll start with the most recently. I had an entire post removed recently and all it had in it was about 4 quotes from another poster and the only thing I wrote was "I'll just leave this here". The message I got about the removal was that I was naming and shaming. This has me very confused, I've never heard in the past that you can't quote another poster, it blows my mind that it wouldn't' be allowed.

The other thing that happened not too long ago was that I reported a guy for name calling twice and his posts never even got edited. Oh well, I just let it go. But now that my post got removed for something so insignificant it does bother me that someone who was blatantly name calling never even got edited.

Long story short, the moderating is still very inconsistent. I honestly don't care what they do as long as I understand it and they are consistent. But that's not the case and as much as I try to ignore it, it really gets under my skin sometimes.

Yes this is totally unacceptable. It can't be naming and shaming because the person put it on the forums for everyone to see. That's the WHOLE POINT OF THE FORUM.

[Removed by Support]
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 4, 2014, 7:06:21 AM
"
"
iamstryker wrote:

Yes this is totally unacceptable. It can't be naming and shaming because the person put it on the forums for everyone to see. That's the WHOLE POINT OF THE FORUM.

[Removed by Support]

Thats like saying people are not homophobic when they clearly use homophobic slur.
"

Thats like saying people are not homophobic when they clearly use homophobic slur.

It's not like that at all.
Standard Forever
The whole naming and shaming thing might actually be a bit off topic. The mod told me that it was naming and shaming but the link he gave me to get more information was the long post from Chris about how there can no longer be any "hateful" posts. So now I am trying to figure out how making a post with four quotes is considered hateful, and if it is considered hateful then how on earth is every other post on this forum not deleted? I mean I see stuff that's more mean spirited than that in every thread I ever click on. There's stuff that's off topic and borderline trollish everywhere. How is that I can't quote someone just to point out how they aren't being consistent?
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Aug 4, 2014, 8:17:52 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
The whole naming and shaming thing might actually be a bit off topic. The mod told me that it was naming and shaming but the link he gave me to get more information was the long post from Chris about how there can no longer be any "hateful" posts. So now I am trying to figure out how making a post with four quotes is considered hateful, and if it is considered hateful then how on earth is every other post on this forum not deleted? I mean I see stuff that's more mean spirited than that in every thread I ever click on. There's stuff that's off topic and borderline trollish everywhere. How is that I can't quote someone just to point out how they aren't being consistent?

Not GGGs fault gamers dont have a nicer attitude and are just rude in general. Most them dont get out much i guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info