Why have you stopped playing?

You should probably not play an online ARPG if you dont like trading. Diablo II was an offline game as well for this fact. Trading is one of the many aspects of an ARPG that makes it so much fun.

then go to play a trading game.
I played since cb, 3 accounts and all 75+ 85+ ....
since ob i get a shit of currency drops
i never found a unic what was more worth then 2 ex
ohh i forget .... i found 1 alpha howl ... SINCE CB !!

I dont wanne loose my time with trading... if u want ...fine for u .

btw i played d2 too ...but dont compare poe with d2 ....

btw> thanks to blizzard.. feels like we get some of the "great" community of them if i read forum last time
Last edited by eschandin on Mar 28, 2014, 12:43:25 PM
Haven't stopped playing yet, but I'm seriously considering taking an extended break from the game AT LEAST until the new leagues come out.

-Invasion league is completely and totally unappealing to me. Made a flameblast witch. Got to cruel. Still alive but absolutely hate slowly totem scouting every goddamn instance because of ridiculously overtuned invaders that can just appear from offscreen and one-shot you.

-Vanilla hardcore is currently as good as dead. Extremely difficult to find people to trade with because everyone is in invasion. Running out of stash space because of orbs alone and it is hard finding someone to exchange them with.

-The Great Gear Wall Of China coupled with horrid drop rates.

-Endgame is a snoozefest.

I'm predominantly a solo player, and because I don't get into 6-man parties with dedicated MF cullers these sorts of concerns tend to affect me more than others. Granted, I still pop in to make some occasional progress on a witch I lost in Vanilla HC to get back up to speed, and I'm getting more involved in theorycrafting and messing around in Ambush, but frankly the game has just become rather tedious lately. I've been playing for a long time and it's sad, but I think a lot of the new updates have negatively affected the game, playerbase distribution and overall community. I'm holding out hope that the next round of leagues will be more fun to play.

Besides, I've got a backlog of other games to get to and GD is looking stupendous so far. I'll probably be in game from time to time, but not nearly as much as I used to be.

C'est la vie.
because it seems with every major content release, the graphics become more intensive and less optimized.

because there's not much in the way of fun uniques and loot early on like in d2 when you could get neat uniques and set pieces in act 1 normal.

becase regardless of what cool build ideas i may come up with, i still have to play defense heavy because some boss mechanics like dominus force you to fight up-close (and desync/graphical issues means you better have a lot of life when hitting a large mob pack because you sure can't reliably run circles around the mobs)
FP CI Witch 1st time: A yellow mob charged on me in a lvl 68 map, left me with full ES and 0 life
FP CI Witch final: life/Mana leech nerf

Groundslam Marauder 1st time: Stuck in Item/Currency lcck at lvl 55 ( continued with a gift from other players)
Groundslam Marauder 2nd time: Life/mana leech nerf and marauder starting area worsening / Scio Life Wheel

Shield Infernal Blow Templar: Life/mana leech nerf and marauder starting area worsening / Scio Life Wheel
One desync invasion boss death too many. Stupid snake boss spawned a full mess of adds and I desynced running away, rubber banded right back into them. Bye bye bow duelist, til another day PoE, think I'll take a break now before I really rage.
desync will be the higher priority atm !
next will be the currency drop for single player !
Ill play from time to time,but never get really good drops atm.
willl see what next time heppend.
btw >closed beta account !
Last edited by eschandin on Mar 30, 2014, 1:50:43 PM
no real challenges after level 92
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
1. Reflect Elemental -- can't see this mod under neath all of the other ridiculous particle effects on the screen. SOLO. Grouping, I can't see ANYTHING going on in the fray. Terrible design. Can't even turn particles down or off to see what you want, like Every single other RPG out there...................

2. Running out of maps -- heh

3. Desync

4. Never finding even remotely valuable Uniques, let alone the good ones. I put in my time too; A few thousand hours over the last year. 1000hrs since beta was over.

5. POEXYZ -- I tried religiously to do self found on my latest character. It lasted about 2 months, until I couldn't survive beyond L72 maps. So I was forced into searching POEXYZ. Then I got maxxed STR/Life and resists where I needed it, and dps/crit elsewhere, and I was suddenly able to run roughshod over most of the bosses (75+), often 1 shotting them with a good discharge crit. AND boom, the magic was over.
Last edited by Laminar_Flow1 on Mar 30, 2014, 2:49:43 PM
"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:

4. Never finding even remotely valuable Uniques, let alone the good ones. I put in my time too; A few thousand hours over the last year. 1000hrs since beta was over.

this is all RNG. Ive played many hours like you and never found anything. Yet in Invasion league on this one character with 191 hours played time (many many hours spent selling kills, and other not my level type stuff) has found a BoR, Rise of the Phoenix and a Searing touch. All from 6 person groups in maps or merciless piety runs.

Ive had several characters with similar play time in the past who never found anything.

As for stopped playing, I haven't yet but my desires have dwindled. My main Invasion character is to the point any upgrade will cost him exalts. Sure, just grinding, his gems would level and he would become more powerful but it all feels pointless.

Every attempt I make at an alt ends with it dying before merciless lol. How in the world I made it to 84 is beyond me lol
ign: Vixien
Desync!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info