[1.0.6] level 96 Arly's Lightning Arrow/Frenzy Aura Scion - 6 gameplay videos

"
TheBigNasty wrote:

I'm hoping it stays viable, but no one knows what the next patch will brig gas far as passive changes, new/changed skills, and item changes. It may be orth it to check things out for a bit first.

All indications are hat elemental will be buffed as will some skills like barrage. Here's hoping this build becomes stronger.

From what i've seen in posts here and on reddit, it seems like marauder start and the area between mara and duelist is getting a rework so I might even try something similar as mara for lots of life without needing to rely on Koams for a while.
"
Futon wrote:
This is the 90 point build I have in mind and i'm working towards. What are your thoughts?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBS0FtQX5DPIOPBQgFHEV8BcvGS4ZihnXGlUajxrbG8gdFCcLJ-0tgzB8Nj026DbpOlI-z0GqQzFKfU4qUEdQUFFHVElVxlXWVvpYY1nzWhpbr14TXz9gS2EhZKNk52aeZ6ByqXTtdgh6738rgKSE74d2iGuMz42_j0aQVZcGpcunMKyqtkG53b3mwBrG2M9l0NDUI9SP1ordDeNq51LuDu8O8932SPba9zL46_lj-tL7CfzF

Thanks for all the help.

I dont think this is level 90. it looks closer to 70.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Futon wrote:
This is the 90 point build I have in mind and i'm working towards. What are your thoughts?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBS0FtQX5DPIOPBQgFHEV8BcvGS4ZihnXGlUajxrbG8gdFCcLJ-0tgzB8Nj026DbpOlI-z0GqQzFKfU4qUEdQUFFHVElVxlXWVvpYY1nzWhpbr14TXz9gS2EhZKNk52aeZ6ByqXTtdgh6738rgKSE74d2iGuMz42_j0aQVZcGpcunMKyqtkG53b3mwBrG2M9l0NDUI9SP1ordDeNq51LuDu8O8932SPba9zL46_lj-tL7CfzF

Thanks for all the help.

I didn't mean level 90, i meant 90 points.
IGN : Futons
"
Futon wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Futon wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks for all the help.

I didn't mean level 90, i meant 90 points.

Well you should pick up the remaining aura nodes near shadow and templar and then decide where you want the remaining 25 points to go towards, either wed life or crit.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 19, 2014, 2:42:29 PM
Hi!

I've been playing for like two months now so I'm semi noob.

Im looking for a build to run in the next 4 month leagues,
Do you think this build still would be strong if you ditch the Sovereignity nodes (as I dont think ill ever get a kaoms) to go more life nodes and dps, crit instead?
You can still run 3 auras: Wrath, anger, haste.

Or would i be better off going phys or some other ele build?
Would this be a good solution for having no Kaoms? You can always respec after if you do get it.

Something like this around lvl 85:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEfgSzBbUF-QzyDkgRlhXwGYoZ1RnXGjgajxzcHaokPCT9J6kn7S2DL28wfDGeMokzDDWSNj051DpYOuE7KDwtPs9Bh0ZxSVFN41FHV-JZ81ptYENirGh0bj1v8nBScLt35X11fyt_xoMJhxmIa4jxjX2Nv5BVkyeUoJcGnaOdqqCfogCly6ZXp1ynhKp_qrisqrQMtz67473mwBrAUcSixPbGrtN-1CPVANaK1p3YTdkT2mLhiOOE51TnY-w48B_yRfPd8-r22vlj-ej7Cfyr_gr-K_6P_rr_3g==

204% increased life and +62 base life

Thoughts? Thanks alot.
"
thed0pepope wrote:
Hi!

I've been playing for like two months now so I'm semi noob.

Im looking for a build to run in the next 4 month leagues,
Do you think this build still would be strong if you ditch the Sovereignity nodes (as I dont think ill ever get a kaoms) to go more life nodes and dps, crit instead?
You can still run 3 auras: Wrath, anger, haste.

Or would i be better off going phys or some other ele build?
Would this be a good solution for having no Kaoms? You can always respec after if you do get it.

Something like this around lvl 85:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEfgSzBbUF-QzyDkgRlhXwGYoZ1RnXGjgajxzcHaokPCT9J6kn7S2DL28wfDGeMokzDDWSNj051DpYOuE7KDwtPs9Bh0ZxSVFN41FHV-JZ81ptYENirGh0bj1v8nBScLt35X11fyt_xoMJhxmIa4jxjX2Nv5BVkyeUoJcGnaOdqqCfogCly6ZXp1ynhKp_qrisqrQMtz67473mwBrAUcSixPbGrtN-1CPVANaK1p3YTdkT2mLhiOOE51TnY-w48B_yRfPd8-r22vlj-ej7Cfyr_gr-K_6P_rr_3g==

204% increased life and +62 base life

Thoughts? Thanks alot.

The aura nodes are essential to getting huge boosts to aura effect and without koams I would recommend a much less expensive build like mathil's elemental buzzsaw build until you get a koams as the gear and passive tree is very similar.
Alright, thanks
I've been playing a lot recently and think I've reached what is pretty much the end of the road for me due to the cost of rolling maps and the time needed to progress. I wanted to share my stats and show that this build can be done very effectively for less than the cost of a Voltaxic.

My Gear

Cost of Gear
Bow: I bought it for 7 ex and spent about an ex chroming it: 8 ex
Chest: I bought it for 13 ex and spent an exalt chaosing it: 14 ex
Quiver: I bought it for 4gcp, which at the time was: .4 ex
Helm: I bought it for 3 ex, and spend about half an ex chroming it: 3.5 ex
Gloves: Bought for 8 chaos, which at the time was: .4 ex
Boots: Bought for 12 chaos, which at the time was: .6 ex
Amulet: I found this one. It's probably the only good item I've ever found 0 ex
Prismatic Ring: Cost me 4 exalt and I'm pretty happy with it. 4 ex
Paua Ring: I feel I overpaid a little, especially when compared to the Prismatic ring but the seller was firm. Thanks for the item Ventor: 5 ex
Belt: I'm really happy with this belt and I was happy with the price: 3.5 ex

Total: 39.4 ex

I was using static blows up until now when I finally decided the shock stacks weren't enough as since they weren't coming off a crit they weren't applying to the entire pack, only parts of it. I initially exited out of the life regen side of Scion and I specced out of that in favor of the projectile damage side around level 86. The hanging 30 int node is because with my current tree and gear I have 11 less in than I need for Wrath which could be solved by acquiring an onyx amulet to replace my amber one, though anything I've found that is a meaningful upgrade is at least 15 exalts, though I find it hard to believe my amulet is worth even a quarter of that.

I initially took the two reduced reservation nodes by Templar, though I found myself running only 4 auras with them anyway. If I could run 4 60% and 1 40% I would but I don't ever need to turn on purity as I have at least 119% resists for every element which allows me to run elemental weakness maps that also have elemental reflect.

Losing the regen from scion wasn't that noticeable as I dropped from approximately 160HP/s to 56HP/s.

I eventually decided to get the 30% aura radius notable as I have a ridiculous effect on my group, doubling to quadrupling their DPS.

Now the fun stuff, my stats. With the above tree and gear I have the following stats with 6 Frenzy charges using Grace, Haste, Wrath, and Anger:

Lightning Arrow DPS: 5162.3
Frenzy DPS: 22193.9
HP: 5480
Evasion Rating: 10583 | 50% Chance to Evade

I flipped some of my level 20 gems to 20Q with the vendor recipe and those haven't hit level 20 again.

I have no issues with reflect unless it is double reflect on minus max. I can swap in life leech for weapon ele and still have 3319 DPS on LA, fully charged, and do that combination just fine.

I can't believe I achieved this level of damage without putting a single point into crit which I felt I couldn't do. Getting enough accuracy to actually hit things reliably while still getting life, even while entirely ignoring resists, I've found is simply prohibitively expensive.

I really enjoyed this build. This has been my most successful character ever beyond a shadow of a doubt and has been an incredible amount of fun to play. I'd never even thought I'd had 40 exalt combined yet somehow I managed to build this character.
@TheGrimmRanger
Last edited by GrimmReber on Feb 20, 2014, 1:59:20 PM
"
I really enjoyed this build. This has been my most successful character ever beyond a shadow of a doubt and has been an incredible amount of fun to play. I'd never even thought I'd had 40 exalt combined yet somehow I managed to build this character.

Im glad you enjoyed it. those are some incredibly nice numbers considering you are not using voltaxic, much less koams heart. You've itemized very well for the gear cost. I was very hesitant to suggest this build to someone without koams heart but you managed to make it work very nicely.

You may consider swapping haste for hatred as this will likely give more dps.
"
Nephalim wrote:

You may consider swapping haste for hatred as this will likely give more dps.

Hatred gives me slightly more DPS on Frenzy, approximately 2k more, but is actually a DPS loss on Lightning Arrow, though I only lose about 100 DPS. I choose to use Haste as it makes the game feel much smoother and more fast paced.
@TheGrimmRanger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info