Thena Moga... ouch <_< (this thread no doubt exists elsewhere)

"
Eternallight wrote:
Just had to say... ouch.

Playing a regenerator character. Just came across her for the first time since the DoT patch.

10% chaos res and 220 life regen per second and was dropped to 0 life in about 3 seconds from the DoT. (level 56 area)

Any ideas on how to survive that better? XD

edit: by contrast, went down a floor, fought black viper (one level higher area) 4 stacks of venom, i out regen it.

edit 2: just for shits and giggles, rerolled floor 2, fought the viper again with blood rage up. I still out regen 4 stacks.

220 hp reg and you die in 3 secs? A lie. Or you just have 200 max HP.

Or you forgot some Infos here, but that cant be true. I beat her several times with -60% chaos res in merc, and dont have godly gear or something else...
"
Eternallight wrote:
Just had to say... ouch.

Playing a regenerator character. Just came across her for the first time since the DoT patch.

10% chaos res and 220 life regen per second and was dropped to 0 life in about 3 seconds from the DoT. (level 56 area)

Any ideas on how to survive that better? XD

edit: by contrast, went down a floor, fought black viper (one level higher area) 4 stacks of venom, i out regen it.

edit 2: just for shits and giggles, rerolled floor 2, fought the viper again with blood rage up. I still out regen 4 stacks.

Regen tends to really come into its own around the 400-500 mark for most chaos DoT (with -60 resist).
Getting up to 1000-1100 even gives this effect with 50% recovery maps and can allow you to completely ignore chaos resist.

Regen is, by far, the superior chaos mitigation, as you benefit from it outside of chaos.
One just has to be aware and prepared (with good leech/LoH) for 0 regen maps.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Dec 21, 2013, 1:46:24 PM
After experiencing torture chamber boss's lightning beam of death, Thena Moga is easy even at -60 chaos res and only 3.8k HP. But I roll with 3 health pots - instant heal when low life, 50% instant heal, and instant heal.
I_NO where can i subscribe for your fan-art?

@op i don't know if there is another exile that uses viper stacks but i fought one in cruel
with my challenge char, self-found/famine/manmode, and i can still say i use the famine rule after encountering that exile.

Is there another exile that uses chaos DoT's? other then the VS exile? I found that VS dude rather easy to beat even with -20 chaos resist at the time.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I've fought her twice as a regen character with -60 chaos in Lunaris 3 and she posed no threat. how much regen do you have?
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I faced her yesterday and died but that was only because she jumped me as I jumped int a huge pack of magic and rares.

After I came back and cleared the trash I easily face tanked her with -50 Chaos.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Thena only really gets brutal when she remembers to cast vulnerability on you. That's when the degen kicks it up a notch.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Dec 21, 2013, 5:31:56 PM
I hate to be the jerk, but someone has to. Got her on a 75 a day ago, wiped the floor with her. Right now I only have 397 life regen, but normally (at level 92 I'll have it back), I have 490+.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Dec 21, 2013, 5:58:12 PM
Thena Moga is the only Rogue Exile that gives a good fight. The rest are cream puffs, including Xandro (overhyped!).
"
BlondeKnight wrote:
Thena Moga is the only Rogue Exile that gives a good fight. The rest are cream puffs, including Xandro (overhyped!).

Yep so true. All other exiles are pushovers. Thena = spam pots after you kill her.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info