[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

in you want a hard number for leech check this out:

Since shotgunning no longer counts towards leech, you must consider a single target, single stream scenario AKA your tooltip DPS. Now, my leech rate is 20% of my HP and I leech 8.5% of each hit I can factor all those together with some basic algebra to tell me what my single target non-shotgun tooltip DPS must be in order to cap my leech rate at 20% of my HP/s.

Formula:

(HP*.2)/LL% = tooltip DPS needed to cap leech rate

for me that's 7,058 tooltip DPS... yea not gonna happen
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Mar 4, 2014, 7:06:08 PM
I don't want to believe that you can only leech with one beam, or one enemy only. That is not what the patchnotes say.

"
The way leech applies to the player has changed. If you leech additional life while currently leeching, it no longer queues after the current leech. Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used.

This is what makes me believe it's not based off one beam, but over the entire attack. In other words: If you leech more than 20% of your max HP, it will be void. You can still leech up to 20% of your life though.

That is how I read this. If it really is, how you guys say, a LOT of builds will be hit hard. Think about multistrike + melee splash - if they can only leech of ONE target, they will be losing a lot as well. Same with spells like EK, Freeze pulse, basically everything that hits more then one enemy, will be affected. I don't think that's going to happen - a change on such large scale would definitely break the game.

Well, the only way to find out, it to wait.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Mar 4, 2014, 7:21:13 PM
"
I don't want to believe that you can only leech with one beam, or one enemy only. That is not what the patchnotes say.

"
The way leech applies to the player has changed. If you leech additional life while currently leeching, it no longer queues after the current leech. Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used.

This is what makes me believe it's not based off one beam, but over the entire attack. In other words: If you leech more than 20% of your max HP, it will be void. You can still leech up to 20% of your life though.

That is how I read this. If it really is, how you guys say, a LOT of builds will be hit hard. Think about multistrike + melee splash - if they can only leech of ONE target, they will be losing a lot as well. Same with spells like EK, Freeze pulse, basically everything that hits more then one enemy, will be affected. I don't think that's going to happen - a change on such large scale would definitely break the game.

If it were like you stated, the last bit "Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used" Doesn't have any single sense at all.
"

"

its not strictly 1 enemy 1 beam but it can only apply one leech from one projectile hit ever at one single instant.

if each projectile of incinerate does 500 damage and is casting 7 times per second then each projectile will leech ~40 HP at a rate of 600 hp/s (for my 3k HP) so each projectile will only provide you life leech for .067 seconds, followed by 0.076 seconds of NO LEECH until your next projectile hits a mob. If 2 projectiles hit 2 separate mobs at the same time it will be the same scenario.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
I've made a 1.1 witch with the new tree.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3I7yWzTXTbobUlPenhRUmRhNnM/edit?usp=sharing

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB2MHpXNTAuPAVEmyLJxVrkkbRKuvt4-mh2UtH5wtbRkfAsHzNsWio4Ie2CQ22H_G2wunCCqNHNwRli-duJOdro9Gl4WTJ_F2cLsW8-vuDH0abNDQ7FXcV9kTJjwo-nqqEH8ZhfPdz2UelC9vgsea4MaeJKpVxqw_-ehFnTbpFm9Bh-Nqtz7-CojxNZK18qlueA0qOFivNuhkozpSGlUOPGEhQqOfyxRxhO92CKcwA8Z07Z7NFCAGDnrv0iFQR2P9YEtqHhiRCfYFLagYQKDyLyFgnrlqO0TndPGFMg==

It has overall better stats than your tree but uses some more nodes, I don't know what to take out (Way more damage, buffs, resistances, cast speed, only 20% less mana regen), we also get a +4% max from the tree, since Safell's got nerfed it means 1% more max resists.
We have a lot of inc life nodes near, waiting to be assigned.
The only problem being life leech, now we need Vaal Pact at a 40% rate, but overall I believe we are safe from the big nerf, we've got 1% more max resists which is a big plus.

Edit: I will probably take out inner force and Arsonist
Last edited by NoiTaTuM on Mar 5, 2014, 2:18:37 AM
Very exciting changes to the tree, the old one was getting quite stale. Witch is now the obvious choice for any caster build (as it should be imo).

The viability of the build depends on how the LL change works out. I doubt they would intentionally screw over any fast casting LL build. Perhaps there'll be a new LoH gem for spells or something.

Still, I better get off my ass and make the final push to lvl 90 today, just to be sure. :P

edit: after reading the clarification here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811113/filter-account-type/staff

it seems we will keep leeching at the same rate as before, just that the leech will stop immediately when we stop casting (hello Academy boss).

ps: how do you get +4 max resists? I see +2 from EA, +1 from Diamond Skin... what's the last one?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Mar 5, 2014, 4:45:15 AM
"
holocaustus wrote:
Very exciting changes to the tree, the old one was getting quite stale. Witch is now the obvious choice for any caster build (as it should be imo).

The viability of the build depends on how the LL change works out. I doubt they would intentionally screw over any fast casting LL build. Perhaps there'll be a new LoH gem for spells or something.

Still, I better get off my ass and make the final push to lvl 90 today, just to be sure. :P

edit: after reading the clarification here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811113/filter-account-type/staff

it seems we will keep leeching at the same rate as before, just that the leech will stop immediately when we stop casting (hello Academy boss).

"Not all Hits are going to land simultaneously, after all."
This is where I believe we are getting wrecked, We are almost sure most of our projectiles are going to land at the same time. I really hope I'm wrong and there is some little difference in time that makes the effect, otherwise switching to Vaal Pact or LMP will be almost obligatory.
After a bit of toying with the new skilltree, I'd say the witch start (T_T) is stronger, way more options.

Imo the core build is this (80pts-witch start-using the offline planner)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB2MHpXNTAuPAVEmyLJxVrkkbRKuvt4-mh2UtH5wtbRkfAsHzNsWCHtgkNtjbC6cIKo24k52uj0aXhevuDH0abNDQ7FUo-nqqEH8ZhfPdz2WCx5rgxp4kqlXG-ehFnTbpQYfjarc-_gqI8TWStfKpbngNWK826GSjOlIaVQ48YSFCo5_LhO92CHTteu9gSwUtQKAhYJ65dPGFMg==

From that point, you get many options depending on what you want :

- Nimbleness and influence clusters (+life/mana nodes) between the witch and shadow areas
- Sovereignty and Phalanx clusters near the templar area (for the 12% block chance applied to spell and more block to balance the nerf on Saf)
- Vaal pact (depending on the lifeleech nerf impact)
- Arsonist and bloodless clusters in the marauder area + the buffed diamond skin
- Tons of life nodes, mana nodes and +30 stats along the way if needed !

I wanted to get harrier, mana geyser, charisma and ballistic mastery, but they're kinda far for a witch start without compromising all those sweet life nodes I want to get later :D
Last edited by Reddart on Mar 5, 2014, 5:07:34 AM
My take on Incinerate 1.1 build Eb/Max Block/Max spell block/MoM char.

Might be of interest to someone here.

Using Cybil's paw in this one along with stone of lazwhar and rathpith.

breakdown:
Spoiler

+263 to Strength
+94 to Dexterity
+213 to Intelligence
+146.5 to maximum Mana
+243.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
120% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
42% increased Elemental Damage
+22% to all Elemental Resistances
52% increased maximum Mana
6% increased Cast Speed
7% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
196% increased maximum Life
+3% to maximum Fire Resistance
+3% to maximum Cold Resistance
+3% to maximum Lightning Resistance
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
39% additional Chance to Block with Shields
95% increased Defences from equipped Shield
12% increased Radius of Auras
21% reduced Mana Reserved
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
20% increased effect of Auras you Cast
+12% to Chaos Resistance
4.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
Converts all Energy Shield to Mana
40% increased Block Recovery
24% increased Armour
Cannot Evade enemy Attacks
Cannot be Stunned
15% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
+42.6% Energy Shield
+52.6% increased Melee Physical Damage
+188 Accuracy Rating
18.8% increased Evasion Rating

If anyone wants to see the tree and give feedback it can be found here:

Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
"
NoiTaTuM wrote:
"Not all Hits are going to land simultaneously, after all."
This is where I believe we are getting wrecked, We are almost sure most of our projectiles are going to land at the same time. I really hope I'm wrong and there is some little difference in time that makes the effect, otherwise switching to Vaal Pact or LMP will be almost obligatory.

I believe he means to say: the only leech that gets overwritten, is the leech you get from the same enemy, using the same attack. but yes, we'll see how it will be :)

Quick doodle of my tree here
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Mar 5, 2014, 7:29:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info