[1.0.5] Cuddles' DoT Trapper (Poison Arrow, Fire Trap, Detonate Dead, w/ Puncture@ 213k+ dps)

1.0.5 changes a few things

Freeze mine isn't as effective at holding down mobs but is still at a workable level thanks to the mine passives.

Putting Searing Bond (now dealing 5x of what it did before) on mine/trap support may be considered as well. This would easily trump over Fire Trap's burning damage but useability would be an issue. Will test this out when i stop being lazy.
Cuddles' DoT trapper build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/683322
FWIW I'm following a bit of advice from this guide along with some of my own findings to run a puncture / trap / mine / physical / DoT ranger for ambush, and here are some of my own points to add.

1) Flame totem with knockback is your friend

If you can get a flame totem and the knockback gem, I highly recommend this combo to keep your punctured enemies moving. Faster projectiles and LMP / GMP nicely finish this off to keep a lot of people moving

2) Does poison arrow's DoT actually improve with trap / mine? I can't tell.

3) I'm finding that with all the physical nodes, good 'ole split arrow is still better at clearing mobs. This is at act 3 cruel, which I expect might change in merciless. I like the idea of using it with life on hit to keep at full health quickly and cheaply.

4) Eldritch battery and mind over matter - great combo for this build. I'm just focusing on getting pure EV or EV/ES gear and having a huge mana pool to take hits when I do get hit. So far I have 1200 life and 800 mana and I'm not having any survivability issues. I don't run any auras except clarity. Eventually I might run discipline just to get my regen up even higher.

That's it so far.. I highly recommend this build.. it's very different and a lot of fun. What it lacks in clear speed of mobs it makes up for in easily dealing with bosses IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info