PvP Progress Update

Awesome news!
"just for try, for see and for know"
Im not really interested in the PVP part except maybe to bash some guildmates once in awhile. My only concern is the inevitable nerf cries.

Please make any balancing, nerfs, etc based on PVP cries exclusive to PVP somehow.
So many scrolls, so little time...
"
derbefrier wrote:
"
Vaiel wrote:
"
Thomassonigo wrote:

please stop talking u had the worst ideas i have EVER seen on this forum??!? unlimited currency?!?! every1 has the same level?!?!?! all gems full exp??! u do realize this is the worst idea ever and NO ONE will support this EVER.. ppl want to play their own character, many of us enjoy making a pvp character and pve character, and the point is to farm gear and use the hard earned / farmed gear to fight against other players, not getting everything handed to you, this is not GW2 now please stop talking.

What is your problem with Maniaas ideas?
At least, all players have the same opportunities and it depends on the skill of the individual and not on the loot luck or purchases from cash shops.
Or is exactly this your problem?
Are you in search of victims or enemies?

you and others like you are missing the point. If you want perfectly balanced PvP thats all skill go play counterstrike. Here we want to build our own characters our own way and test them against others who do the same. You guys always come in with the same bitchy arguments when it comes to PvP in rpgs and suck all the fun out of it by making everyone the same. What whatshisface was proposing will only lead to one thing boring fucking pvp were everyone just picks the FoTM OP build instead of creating thier own character.

you pvp'ers chould celebrate diversity not despise it.

The proclaimed diversity is a joke if gear, not player skill, is making the competition.

Of course GGG won't decide for a fully competitive system.
It harms the major incentive of grinding more hours to dominate other players.

I fear PvP will be a huge joke in this game,
only few individuals actually playing on the same level.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Dec 6, 2013, 11:15:58 AM
no one can defeat me except mr. desync
IGN : Marhe
Bottom line is, whats the image of pvp GGG is after.

A bunch of pussies crying that everyone's not the same level,using the same gear so its not fair for them. The same pussification most of the world now embraces day to day. Whats next do you want to be a 6 figure salary pro mma fighter too. But you can't fight and everyone has to be the same weight/height and discipline as you so its fair? If you win you're a bad ass, if you lose its because the guy didnt take a dump that morning and weighs 1-2lbs more so it was imbalanced.

Or true pvp'rs that understand theres imbalance in things. That theirs build diversity and match up knowledge and gear grinding all to be the better player. That its not an "item check" because only a douche can make such a claim when you have passive tree and gem diversity that can make a lower level character counter a higher level one (match ups,knowledge...diversity). That only "bitch" about balance in regards to certain overly broken features, with the ultimate goal being more diversity and less cookie cutter pvp. This pvp is fine as it is,it requires a few tweaks and ideally a more open hostility button approach. But as is, its doing what it should be. If you aren't at the same level skill/item/character/build wise as someone else...get there.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 6, 2013, 11:48:39 AM
So excited! This will drag some of my friends back hopefully!
Kiwi Name = Sir Remington Kiwi; Duke of that tree over there.
How does desync work in pvp?
Duel! Thanks for some news :) really miss dueling.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
freestuff wrote:
How does desync work in pvp?

It will probably be unplayable. For those that experience desync if you think desyncing in PvE is bad, just wait until you get to see it in PvP.

I've seen some PvP videos and the player positions are constantly fluctuating. To be honest I'm surprised GGG is pushing for PvP with the netcode state as it is right now.
"

If you want to have PvP decoupled from PvE, but still maintain all aspects of a grinding-gear-game ... there you go:

- all PvP characters start at level 1
- the chars only have access to the stash, vendors and the arena (consider them captives ;) )
- PvPers cue up against players having the same level
- on kill, a char gets XP
- on win, a char gets XP and currency/gem rewards
- vendors sell only white items, but all of them level appropriate and all bases
- player trading is disabled

This system would make sure you carve your char out of nothing based on the rewards that you got by winning against other players. In the end you'd have high level PvP chars that never fought a monster but still went through the whole leveling thing.

Meta game would also be interesting. If you know there's this cool base item 5 levels ahead but your current weapon sucks ... buy new or save currency?

Tricky thing would be to balance off the currency and gem awards to facilitate build diversity. If e.g. someone comes up with a cool idea where he needs a certain gem twice but it is only offered once there would be a problem. Also we all know how much currency gets burned while crafting...

For the record, I dont think PVE and PVP need to be de-coupled, but I could see an interesting way to add a story element with your suggestion: Players can buy captive exiles as gladiators to compete against each other. The gladiator turns out to be a lvl 1 pvp character and your idea progresses from there.

If the meta game of currently designed pvp struggles, this might be an alternative. But honestly I think the player base as a whole in cunning enough to produce a pretty good meta game with out decoupling the two games.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Dec 6, 2013, 12:43:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info