PvP Progress Update

"
SpSell wrote:
Dear Cris i dont kwon how you can realyze usefull pvp. PVP in POE its one shot in most times. For Example=HP character 4000 and dps 2000+ or more. I dont see balance HP and Damage in PVP. 15 second pvp match its not fun. Who fast = win

There is a big damage penalty in PvP but you are right, matches are indeed over too quick.

I'm highly skeptical about PvP in PoE, mostly because of almost non-existing class distinction and 100% free skill choice. Prefect class blaance for PvP in games like this is impossible, but everybody using same two skills is just lame. And that's what happened in CB when people still played. It's bound to happen that at some point you step in one bear trap too much and just give up. I won't even start on itemization problems, let's just say gap between 'decent' gear and 'awesome' gear is too great here and nobody wants to play barehanded and nude.

A nice extra, but not worth messing with PvE for it, not by a longshot.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 6, 2013, 6:31:33 AM
Thank you Chris! This answered all of my doubts.
Last edited by hostilis on Dec 6, 2013, 6:51:06 AM
Last edited by kainaj on Dec 22, 2016, 1:28:00 PM
amazing. cant wait
Eagerly waiting for this!

thanks again Chris and GGG!
Beta Member Since 2010
PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP *_*
"
Vaiel wrote:
"
Thomassonigo wrote:

please stop talking u had the worst ideas i have EVER seen on this forum??!? unlimited currency?!?! every1 has the same level?!?!?! all gems full exp??! u do realize this is the worst idea ever and NO ONE will support this EVER.. ppl want to play their own character, many of us enjoy making a pvp character and pve character, and the point is to farm gear and use the hard earned / farmed gear to fight against other players, not getting everything handed to you, this is not GW2 now please stop talking.

What is your problem with Maniaas ideas?
At least, all players have the same opportunities and it depends on the skill of the individual and not on the loot luck or purchases from cash shops.
Or is exactly this your problem?
Are you in search of victims or enemies?

"Loot luck" is still there. There is a big difference between a perfectly rolled item and a decently rolled item. How many chaos will it take to roll up perfect everything? How long do people have patience?

I suspect those with patience for that are the same that go out and farm their "loot luck".

So problem not solved, just distorted. Maybe dampened a bit, but it's still there.
Thank heaven...
Was starting to wonder if you guys were having serious problems balancing/implementing these tournaments.

Now I just need an update on lifetime race rewards! :-p
PvP will be nothing more then a gear check.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Vaiel wrote:
"
Thomassonigo wrote:

please stop talking u had the worst ideas i have EVER seen on this forum??!? unlimited currency?!?! every1 has the same level?!?!?! all gems full exp??! u do realize this is the worst idea ever and NO ONE will support this EVER.. ppl want to play their own character, many of us enjoy making a pvp character and pve character, and the point is to farm gear and use the hard earned / farmed gear to fight against other players, not getting everything handed to you, this is not GW2 now please stop talking.

What is your problem with Maniaas ideas?
At least, all players have the same opportunities and it depends on the skill of the individual and not on the loot luck or purchases from cash shops.
Or is exactly this your problem?
Are you in search of victims or enemies?

you and others like you are missing the point. If you want perfectly balanced PvP thats all skill go play counterstrike. Here we want to build our own characters our own way and test them against others who do the same. You guys always come in with the same bitchy arguments when it comes to PvP in rpgs and suck all the fun out of it by making everyone the same. What whatshisface was proposing will only lead to one thing boring fucking pvp were everyone just picks the FoTM OP build instead of creating thier own character.

you pvp'ers chould celebrate diversity not despise it.
Last edited by derbefrier on Dec 6, 2013, 7:33:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info