New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
Covert wrote:
My name is Covert, I support this message.

My name is Sewerside, I support Covert, and the message he is supporting. Onwards and upwards GGG, keep those spirits up!
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
adghar wrote:
I love this move.

Freedom of speech has its limits, limits that one generally call defamation, slander, incitement, etc. As a private company, GGG is perfectly within its rights to enforce those limits.

While I totally agree with your post, I think it's always a good time to make sure all the US citizens understand our constitution. Freedom of speech, as guaranteed by the 1st amendment, applies only to laws passed by congress. Private companies are always allowed to censor any and all comments on their servers. Exceptions exist for situations where doing so creates a hostile work environment, or would violate some other law, but just because you have a right to publicly voice your opinions, doesn't mean that any online forum has to post it uncensored, just like you don't have the right to say whatever you feel like when you're inside a store.
You guys have made and continue to make a great game, and I support your decision to cut down on the amount of negative hate crap in the forums. Looking forward to more discussion :)
IGN: JohnVonNeumann
There have been lots of hateful posts directed at people who have posted honest criticisms as well. Hopefully this change goes both ways.
Hah! I can still be me :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
in before further policy nerf
Chris, I support you 100% on this. I think that repeat offenders should be banned.
Glad for this change. Posters sometimes forget that there are people who put in a lot of time trying to make a great experience for us. I'm sure there are decisions that take weeks to sort out and debate before coming to a conclusion. They are not just creators of the game but fans as well. They want to be able to enjoy it as gamers just as we do. When you spend your entire workday trying to create something amazing only to check the forums and have someone stomp all over it...it's got to be crushing.
Thank you so much for making this change. I stopped reading general discussion a few weeks ago because of the sea tide of persistent, vile and hateful troll posts. I hope that the GGG team knows that these cretins do not represent the vast majority of the player base, who appreciate your efforts and openness very much (even if we disagree with certain specific decisions). Very happy with the new policy.
Hey Chris, and the rest of Grinding Gear Games.

You guys are fucking amazing. All of you. You do a great job on this game, and I have a blast playing it. Don't let the assholes get you guys down. I know that people on the internet can be incredibly hateful, but for every one of them there are many more people who really appreciate the work you've put into this game, even if we don't always come out and say it.

Hopefully this new policy will shape up the forum. But there will always be hate, no matter how amazing the game is. In those cases, just remember, you have hundreds of thousands of people who love playing your game.

<3 <3 <3
- Tassels
<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info