New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

I'm all in with you guys on this one. Keep it up GGG.

- Personal responsibility has always been hard for people to handle.
Standard IGN: Spinnemann, illscratchyourback, Daresso_Reborn. Best regards
Sometimes when you provide too much constructive criticism, nobody argues with you. :P
Spoiler
That was a pathetic attempt to "bump" my threads for visibility, wasn't it?

Edit: I also think that the naming and shaming policy should be revised. If there is proof provided, it should be allowed. In an ideal society, social ostracism is highly valuable as opposed to arbitrary laws. For example, see eBay and other websites with third-party merchants. If a merchant (player/user, in gaming terms) has a 95% rating with 100,000 individual votes, that merchant would not jeopardize his or her 100,000 votes just to scam somebody on the 100,001-th vote.

Many Chinese people consider your triple-eights thread-number very lucky.
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Dec 8, 2013, 11:22:45 AM
Good Things from me: nearly everything.

Bad Things from me: The cutthroat League. When is it coming out? :/
"
Sometimes when you provide too much constructive criticism, nobody argues with you. :P
Spoiler
That was a pathetic attempt to "bump" my threads for visibility, wasn't it?

Edit: I also think that the naming and shaming policy should be revised. If there is proof provided, it should be allowed. In an ideal society, social ostracism is highly valuable as opposed to arbitrary laws. For example, see eBay and other websites with third-party merchants. If a merchant (player/user, in gaming terms) has a 95% rating with 100,000 individual votes, that merchant would not jeopardize his or her 100,000 votes just to scam somebody on the 100,001-th vote.

Many Chinese people consider your triple-eights thread-number very lucky.

Thats a good idea. Users in-game rating from transactions and stuff.

sticks and stones may break your bones, but words OMG WORDS ARE SO MUCH WORSE!

not sure what you're doing, ggg. you explicitly stated that this is by hardcore-gamers for hardcore-gamers, and now it's censorship and kids' gloves. this is quite a turnaround, and makes little sense in a game that's literally only about killing, gore, and naked tentacle monsters.

but watch out... WORDS, AMIRITE?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Thumbs up GGG.

Love this game and have much respect for the team.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
robmafia wrote:
sticks and stones may break your bones, but words OMG WORDS ARE SO MUCH WORSE!

not sure what you're doing, ggg. you explicitly stated that this is by hardcore-gamers for hardcore-gamers, and now it's censorship and kids' gloves. this is quite a turnaround, and makes little sense in a game that's literally only about killing, gore, and naked tentacle monsters.

but watch out... WORDS, AMIRITE?

Superficially you make a decent argument. But as you examine things closer you will see just how myopic your view is.
You infer that 'words' are not at all substantive. A faulty axiom. Words are what shapes the majority of our learning. Words are what keeps us in harmony, and prevents us from murdering one another en mass. Words are what creates our organizations and controls virtually all aspects of our lives.

You also seem to infer that 'hardcore' means anything goes. If this game were really 'hardcore' as you seem to wish, i should be able to kill you as soon as i see you. And your death would be permanent. I think we can all agree on the direction such absolute 'hardcore' freedom would take; the game would devolve into a pit of spawn campers waiting on the beach for new characters.

In this game(outside of cutthroat), players are not allowed to negatively impact each other. It is VERY fitting that such a stance should be taken in its forum as well.

One could imagine a multitude of levels of existence which combined, makes up reality. Even though entirely subjective and artificial, i posit that thought and communication itself does exist in some form, if only in a relational universe very far removed from ordinary existence. Extrapolated very far from the material reality which we can easily see and feel. The ramifications of such a higher order existence are many.
I am not suggesting that a spirit world, god, or heaven is 'real'. What i am saying is that in treating such concepts as communication as another dimension can allow for analyzation which our minds can more easily conceive and manipulate.
Perhaps such thoughts are the basis for religion, and have been corrupted in time by mistranslations and a failure to understand abstractly.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Dec 9, 2013, 9:44:55 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:

You infer that 'words' are not at all substantive. A faulty axiom.

protip: if you're going to make a bigass post attempting to refute something, you might want to make sure your premise isn't simply an incorrect assumption, thereby negating your entire post.

i never said words aren't substantive. nor did i imply such.

words OBVIOUSLY have meaning, but in the context of a gory arpg for adults... well, you can read my first post.

irony - n - making a pretentious, superficial/faux-intellectual post in defense of censorship.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by robmafia on Dec 9, 2013, 9:38:34 PM
"
robmafia wrote:

words OBVIOUSLY have meaning, but in the context of a gory arpg for adults... well, you can read my first post.

Adults should know better than to senselessly attack one another. Just as the code of the game prevents spawn campers, the censorship of insults prevents the forum from degrading into the endless circle of hate... a place unworthy of visiting.
You need to take a step back and look at the big picture. Im guessing that you perceive the reduction of tolerated behavior is bad for you, limiting what you consider freedom. But you instead should focus on the long term effects of such a policy, as it is applied to all equally over a length of time. With any objectivity at all, you should come to the realization that this policy does in fact benefit you and everyone else.(aside from those that have a vested interest in GGG's competition or those that carry a grudge against GGG)

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:

Adults should know better than to senselessly attack one another.

[Removed by Admin]
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Jake_GGG on Dec 9, 2013, 10:25:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info