[0.10.0] Eldritch Battery Ethereal Knives Shadow [Videos Included]

@Coffecat:

Here is my passive skill build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAnEEswx9DkgQfxEtES8RlhRNFVAV5xa_FvMZhRo4Gmwc3CQ8JKomPCaVJ6kpTyycLR8vnTbpOthEq0k7SVFN2FBCVUtVrlXGWm1d8mBtYeJtGW17cFJw1XJ-c7N8g35Zf8aBb4IegziH24hCjDaMdo5kjr6PRo-mkFWZmp2AnaOdrp48ogCiLqKjpwinXKeEtve2-riTvJ_AUcHzxp7N-s9l0NDUGdVP2t3bC95342rjhOOf5CLrY-w48B_wa_DZ8XbyHfPq96Y=

By itself the passive skill tree does not provide enugh dexterity for Bear Trap; the rest comes from gear. If you are finding it infeasible to use bear trap, my advice would be not to level it until you can meet the dex requirements.
Hey guys, i'm looking to build a EK character and i'm sure it's been asked many times Shadow or Marauder? I'm gonna start it on default so i think i wouldn't have to be TOO tanky.. but just wondering, how squishy is starting off as a shadow? Will i be able to solo maps without a problem ? I'm currently a 78 witch and am SO sick of dying.
Last edited by NemoSushi on Apr 11, 2013, 2:44:35 PM
Marauder imo, check out this guide, its more up-to-date:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/212728

the build presented here was made a long time ago! it probably still works very good, shows how OP it was at the time, but now alot of stuff changed (new uniques, skilltree changes and some general rebalancing). also i think its a little harder to obtain good hybrid gear and put it to use efficiently.
IGN: @ShocklerMolesh

Map Management Resource:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977
Last edited by Quak3 on Apr 11, 2013, 5:01:23 PM
"
NemoSushi wrote:
Hey guys, i'm looking to build a EK character and i'm sure it's been asked many times Shadow or Marauder? I'm gonna start it on default so i think i wouldn't have to be TOO tanky.. but just wondering, how squishy is starting off as a shadow? Will i be able to solo maps without a problem ? I'm currently a 78 witch and am SO sick of dying.

I'm blasting through maps using a shadow. I believe Marauders will be much more hardy, but shadows are a blast to play due to the clear speed. If I were to play HC, I'd go mara :P But I play on default as well.
IGN: EnemaBojio
League: Standard
Guild: JoeyBestDog
All Boss Kills Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOioeoVLdsY
@Animasolo What level are you? And how often do you die ? I actually made a FP Shadow till 64 and quit him cause he was way too squishy.. couldn't even farm docks safely -_-
Last edited by OheShizaru on Apr 12, 2013, 2:54:57 PM
Curently im 71 level.
3708 HP, 2614 Armor, 1940 Mana.
Runing Clarity (level 3), Anger, Haste, Discipline, Hatred.
5810 DSP with 20% level 17 Eternal Knives, with auras on.
Using Temporal Chains and Porjectile Weakness curses, changing them depending on situation.

Im OP as fuck !
"
coffecat wrote:
Curently im 71 level.
Using Temporal Chains and Porjectile Weakness curses, changing them depending on situation.

Im OP as fuck !

Anger? It applies only to attacks, so it's kinda useless with EK.

Can you post your gear? I'm lvling up an EK shadow (lvl 54 currently) and i find it a bit hard: definitely too squishy and the dps is still not as good as I thought.
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1
"
kendoka wrote:
"
coffecat wrote:
Curently im 71 level.

Im OP as fuck !

Anger? It applies only to attacks, so it's kinda useless with EK.

Can you post your gear? I'm lvling up an EK shadow (lvl 54 currently) and i find it a bit hard: definitely too squishy and the dps is still not as good as I thought.

Anger useless? Hmm maybe im wrong in this one.
Here is my gear, any cirtique is much apriciated and needed !
Spoiler

Yep anger wont do anything for EK
"
OheShizaru wrote:
@Animasolo What level are you? And how often do you die ? I actually made a FP Shadow till 64 and quit him cause he was way too squishy.. couldn't even farm docks safely -_-

I'm level 81. I very RARELY die.

I recently specced out of some life nodes/cast speed nodes and head towards iron reflexes. Have been experimenting with several options.

I died when I tried Vaal Pact. (This was when I died recently) Lol.

Currently running:
1. Haste
2. Hatred
3. Determination
4. Grace + Clarity (Blood Magicked)

Life (2.8k after blood magic auras)
Armor 15k (approximately 50% damage reduction)

I have 2 enduring cry gems which I cast twice in a row to get 3 endurance charges. I run with the endurance charges almost all the time on difficult maps, that gives me 65% damage reduction.
When I granite (and with 3 endurance charges), I have around 90% damage reduction (to handle reflect).

My EK dps is 6000+ with added fire, fork, life leech and mana leech.

Although I have to admit, some of my gear and gems are on the higher end of things. But I believe the same build is doable without those stuff.
IGN: EnemaBojio
League: Standard
Guild: JoeyBestDog
All Boss Kills Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOioeoVLdsY
Last edited by AnimaSolo on Apr 16, 2013, 1:56:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info