[0.10.0] Eldritch Battery Ethereal Knives Shadow [Videos Included]

"
Jozen wrote:
Relatively inexpensive uniques that allow easier leveling with this build:
Unavailable
Unavailable

good shout with the blackheart, totally forgot about that!

"
nikentic wrote:
What skills and weapons do you usually level with and when do you switch to dagger & EK?

I usually level with Freezing Pulse + Bear Trap from the very beginning then switch to EK once EK's DPS outperforms Freezing Pulse. Dagger isn't necessary, it just so happens that my dagger has the best %spell damage mod out of all my caster weapons.

"
Torin wrote:
Any build that uses Bear Trap I love :)
Thanks for this awesome build. I will need to try this in OB at one time.

BTW, isn't it worth more to remove vitality and use Clarity instead to help with mana issues?
Then get rid of one mana flask and put another granite or diamond in there?

Also, since you buff life, how about using decoy totem instead of skeletons? Less slots used and much smaller mana cost.

You're welcome! :)

Mana issues will actually be solved with the mana leech gem and by having an inherently high mana pool, which you will by having EB. Clarity I find provides too little mana regen bonus at the expense of costing too much flat mana. It would be effective if I had taken many mana regen nodes but they were a little out of the way so I chose to avoid them. Vitality is brilliant! That life regen is pretty cool and I really wouldn't swap it out if I have the choice. Especially considering that I'm usually a CI player and ES regen is pretty quick, I feel comfortable having my HP pool work similarly to ES and have high HP regen.

I've always found flicker strike mobs to be dangerous, especially the map bosses such as the Coves Map boss for instance. Skelly totem solves that problem admirably by providing more targets. The problem with decoy totem is that due to the ability of monsters to spam flicker strike if there are multiplie targets, you actually get flickered much more often because the monsters will spam flicker and keep flickering between you and your totem till one dies. Effectively, your totem dies much faster and you take much more damage per time because of it.

"
HazeXL wrote:
I'm going to try this out. Would love to see some gameplay of it

Coming soon! I'll try and get it up by next weekend.

"
tribeca76 wrote:
Are there any other options for single target dmg with this build?
I am having trouble with hard targets such as rares and unis. Bear trap is just not enought to keep the dps up on these mobs.

Ya bear trap's DPS doesn't really shine till middle of the game. Some other options you can use are Freezing Pulse to slow down the bosses while bear-trapping them, EK without Fork, or just go melee with Dual Strike till Bear Trap gets better.

Also, modified the end-game and end-end-game builds slightly after some great feedback from Ramza11. Cheers mate!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Struggling with mana in cruel. Using Added Fire Damage + Faster Proctiles on EK, level 26. What to do? :(
"
nikentic wrote:
Struggling with mana in cruel. Using Added Fire Damage + Faster Proctiles on EK, level 26. What to do? :(

Take away added fire damage + faster projectiles. Use fork instead :) and use 2 hp and 3 mana flasks. Also, make sure you don't spam more than 1 mana flask at a time.
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
Take away added fire damage + faster projectiles. Use fork instead :) and use 2 hp and 3 mana flasks. Also, make sure you don't spam more than 1 mana flask at a time.

Why Fork? There has been much discussion on Nugiyens stream and he concluded that it wasn't as good. But I suppose my problems atm is mana, not damage :)
"
nikentic wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

Why Fork? There has been much discussion on Nugiyens stream and he concluded that it wasn't as good. But I suppose my problems atm is mana, not damage :)

Trust me, fork is way better for EK as compared to added fire damage in terms of dealing AoE damage. Try it and u'll see :)
Build of the Week 14
Personally I find Fork to be absolutely amazing. On my guy I had Fork+FP+Mana Leech and had 0 problems clearing and before 31 I just ran with Fork+FP.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
"
Invalesco wrote:
Trust me, fork is way better for EK as compared to added fire damage in terms of dealing AoE damage. Try it and u'll see :)

Just noticed. When I crit everything just blows up. Wow. And I'm using this weapon, makes everything really easy except for the mana problem.
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
would this be a viable build if i change etheral knives for lightning strike with pierce, lesser, and wepon dmg?? Massive hp/armor, and AOE distance with strike.

Would it work some how?
IGN : BGARF / ICYGARF / BAMGARF / PVPGARF / resoGARF / SiphonTrollGarf
"
garfsbastian wrote:
would this be a viable build if i change etheral knives for lightning strike with pierce, lesser, and wepon dmg?? Massive hp/armor, and AOE distance with strike.

Would it work some how?

You would have to ditch all the spell related nodes. Since they wouldn't do anything for you.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Last edited by Zeshin on Jan 6, 2013, 9:01:10 PM
lightning strike isent a spell?
IGN : BGARF / ICYGARF / BAMGARF / PVPGARF / resoGARF / SiphonTrollGarf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info