Floating damage numbers

"
fordka wrote:
bullshit... guys no like numbers? make On or Off ...

"
Rhys wrote:
We tried it, internally, once upon a time. It was horrible...

Also, we won't just make an option for it, because this is the kind of option that isn't really optional: most people that HATE floating combat numbers would still use them, because they will perceive them to be an advantage, because all the streamers will use it, etc. etc. So the game would be slightly better for those who do like FCN and much, much worse for those who don't like them (including most of GGG).

So yeah, still a "no".

The game has enough performance bugs and weird quirks, as well as enough graphical shenanery going on, that we don't need to add number confetti to the mix. GGG seems to agree.
I really don't like the number over the head, but I will like someplace to see the damage I'm receiving, from where, and the damage I'm doing, maybe like Lineage 2 where you have a little 4 line screen over the chat box that you can enable to show that info (and other if you want) called system screen, there I setup to show the damage buffer and I can see what happened, why the fuck I died in one hit, or from no apparent reason (maybe poison and I was distracted), or how much difference the resistances make. I know you can use thing like path of building, but it's not the same as seeing and feeling it on your character, and sometimes that info can help you to better understand what you're missing on you character. I guess experienced player can do that very easy without it, but for newer player is not always that easy. Just an opinion. :)
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I'd be happy with a confirmation box that popped up when you tried to choose the FCT option, which said:
"
Floating Damage Numbers look stupid, and you are a tool for using them. Real players don't need floating damage numbers. Do you still want to turn them on, you poser? [ Yes | No ]

Then also the bosses could taunt you about it. "Hey poindexter, how much damage does this attack do to you?"

Totally, and then the boss could also taunt you and be like, "You're a Prophecy Supporter AND a Regal Supporter? Wow, how does GGG's cock taste, dicksucker?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info