Unable to connect to patching server

Interesting, just had that problem aswell. On my desktop-machine its running fine. Just wanted to update my PoE from Closed-Beta to the actual patch and it didnt work.

So this is why its not related to the ISP or ports or anything, or my desktop-pc wouldn't have been able to patch.

WHAT "SOLVED" the PROBLEM:

When I use a complete different internet connection (not that one in my flat, but from a differen house) I can patch.

So this problem is not related to firewall-settings of our pc, because then I also wouldn't be able to patch by using a different connection.

Possible error-sources: The routers WLAn settings or the W-lan settings of your Pc.

Are you guys connecting via WLan or with cable to the router?

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Jan 26, 2013, 8:45:34 AM
---sry doublepost.

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Jan 26, 2013, 8:45:10 AM
push

I ran into this problem as well. In my case, the problem was that my copy of Norton Internet Security had the client set to "Auto" - this wasn't good enough. I manually set it to "Allow" and this, in turn, caused the client to be able to successfully connect to the patching server.

Just in case this tidbit helps anyone out!

EDIT: Also make sure that you select "Run as Administrator" on the PoE launcher. Otherwise, it may be blocked from updating files on your PC.
Last edited by GrayW01f on Jan 27, 2013, 11:44:15 AM
Same error here. Tried with and without router, ran as admin, added Windows Firewall exception, added "--patching-server pathofexile.com:3724" to shortcut. tracert patchcdn.pathofexile.com ran OK. Latest client version.
Last edited by zer01ne on Jan 28, 2013, 3:45:13 PM
Hello,
I was able to play last night (10pm EST), and now I am getting this error box as well. I have had zero problems until now. Please help! Thank you.

EDIT: I restarted my computer, and all of a suddend, its working fine now.

www.twitch.tv/necro1269 Come support my stream!
Last edited by Necro1269 on Jan 28, 2013, 5:10:23 PM
"
zer01ne wrote:
Same error here. Tried with and without router, ran as admin, added Windows Firewall exception, added "--patching-server pathofexile.com:3724" to shortcut. tracert patchcdn.pathofexile.com ran OK. Latest client version.

What do you mean "with and without router"?

Did you use Wlan to connect to your router or a cable?

I mean I've connected my PC directly to my modem with a cable without a router so it can't be a router problem.
Last edited by zer01ne on Feb 2, 2013, 7:07:51 PM
I'm having this issue now
I am also now experiencing this issue.

Edit: Like most of the issues I seem to have with this game, its now magically started working again despite nothing changing.
Last edited by sepharim on Feb 4, 2013, 3:08:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info