Phase Run - Cast while moving

If Phase run could be cast while moving at normal speed it would be much more enjoyable to use. I'm not sure how this affects the rest of the game, but in general, skills that require me to stop moving to cast are irritating. If the cast command for Phase Run stopped my movement to cast it that would even be preferable to how it is now, although removing the cast time all together would be best.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
We've been told they just don't have the tech for this yet, and it may eventually happen.

However, phase run with no cast time will be .... VERY powerful. Expecting a rebalance when it gets an instant cast.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Ive got a better idea... how bout it doesnt expire until you attack or cast? Same with molten shell, which expires when its damage capacity is exceeded; the time limit isnt needed. Both skills have specific expiry conditions and the additional timer based expiry is annoying and seems pointless.
IGN: KoTao
If it got a near instant cast time, it should be just a few tweaks of the attributes. Such as reduced duration and exit damage.
No tears. Only dreams now.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
We've been told they just don't have the tech for this yet, and it may eventually happen.

However, phase run with no cast time will be .... VERY powerful. Expecting a rebalance when it gets an instant cast.
I don't think people want instant cast, just to be able to cast while moving. If this was possible then it could still be balanced around taking 1s or less to actually cast although you can be running away from enemies while you wait.
This would allow real hit and run tactics to exist.

"Instant cast" does not mean "zero cast time". It just means you don't have to stop and hardcast.

"
Torin wrote:
I don't think people want instant cast, just to be able to cast while moving.

You and i mean the same thing. My point is about the ability to cast while moving. Right now, if I'm not using phase run, I can outrun someone with 15% less movespeed than I have who is. That means in terms of sustained run speed phase run is only worth about 14%. If you allow it to be cast on the move, it'll become considerably more powerful.

It'd begin to approach an actual sustained 28% movespeed bonus. Doubling its current strength.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 20, 2012, 11:58:15 AM
"
KoTao wrote:
Ive got a better idea... how bout it doesnt expire until you attack or cast?

if you connect phase run to increased duration it basically doesn't expire to the next monster as one usually doesn't need more than 14 seconds to the next monster (my current phase run time)
"
Zakaluka wrote:
Right now, if I'm not using phase run, I can outrun someone with 15% less movespeed than I have who is.

the more important feature is the 50% melee damage bonus on the first hit.
allowing to cast while moving would overpower every 2h melee build.
on a related note, does phase run work with "faster casting"?

what if this skill was divided into two different skills? Give us a run speed buff that can be cast while moving (perhaps a 1.5s cast time, but it can be cast on the move and obviously doesn't give the benefit until the cast is completed) that is a base 20% but an an infinite duration, and a mana rreserve(20%?). Then have the skill drop if you cast another skill or attack.

Then create a new skill that has the "stealthlike" qualities of granting bonus dmg, a short duration move bonus (a few seconds) and an increase to enemy response time.

Personally, this would solve my, as well as others, desire for a traveling skill, while still maintaining the ability to base a build around a fast/backstabby style of play.

Thoughts?
I think an Improved Phase Run would make a nice KeyStone Passive, but to buff the skill itself would make it pretty no-brainer include skill especially for PvP

As far as Improved Phase Run is concerned I like the idea of being able to cast while moving. In order to do this they would have to remove the current character animation and replace it with a particle effect instead. I see it as the character running through a dark screen or mirror that shatters as he/she is enveloped in the shadows.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info