[1.0.6] 1H shield infernal blow marauder/duelist with video by boxsalesman ( Immortal build )

What would your optimal map be starting out mapping with this build, using mediocre gear?

Trying to build a small map pool to start out with:)

/Edit

Oh - and any target values you'd aim for before doing maps hp/armor/lvl, any maps you'd never do to begin with, etc? might be some dumb questions, but I've just got no clue;)
Last edited by Wackofalltrades on Nov 9, 2013, 8:21:02 AM
what do u think is bether for amulet? stone of lazhwar like you're using now or the anvil?
"
breesos wrote:
what do u think is bether for amulet? stone of lazhwar like you're using now or the anvil?

Stone for sure, the anvil is only better against normal and projectile attacks really , which the build is already close to immume to, I'd rather be better protected against spells.
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

Hey OP,

As a newbie to PoE doing Nemesis, I really love this build. It's just what I was looking for - super powerful and very forgiving. I really have no idea what I'm doing, but seem to be managing just fine. My gear is terrible as well. I lag spike all the time and sometimes just dc while in the middle of a bunch of mobs. I should probably try and fix this, but it's always a relief to find that I'm still alive when I get back!

I have some questions/issues I'd like you to address. I apologize in advance if they are simply retarded. I'm new to the game! :P

1) The only times I've ever seen my life drop to half is with spells like:
- standing in Vaal's laser (for teh lulz)
- Piety lightning
- rare Berserk fireball shooter in Solaris Temple (I got it to low HP and it just started freaking shooting fireballs super fast and nearly killed me.)
- blue voidbearers (First time ever encountering these. Sort of caught me off guard...)
- Nemesis mod called "Ancestral Power" seems to do stupid damage. It's hard to just jump in and melee. I usually have to kite and smack it a couple times or just use Spectral Throw lol.

These things were hitting me HARD. What are your suggestions to deal with this and when do I get to the point in your video where you don't seem to take damage from anything elemental? :P

2) Also, why should you specialize in swords? I feel like it already takes me forever to find a good weapon. It just makes it harder when it has to be a good sword. I didn't spec into the swords yet, but I pretending like I did! I was hanging on to a sword for forever and only had about 120dps on heavy strike. Found a damn good axe finally and it jumped me to 300+. Basically, I feel like later on, if I find a good weapon that isn't a sword, I'd hesitate to use it because the sword nodes would then be useless or could be spent on more defense.

3) If the goal of this build is to build a super tank (I think that's what it is), why do we skip on some shield and armor nodes? For example, the shield nodes after the first Vigor, the armor nodes after Heart of the Gladiator.

4) The mana is a little annoying, but nothing too bad imo. I have a mana gain on kill weapon and use 3 potions, so it's manageable. Would mana problems disappear completely after I get a mana leech?

5) You should make a list of mobs to watch out for so newbs like me don't get instagibbed on hardcore. ^^

Thanks boxsalesman! It's because of your build that I'm really able to enjoy and learn the game until I can come up with my own! :P
Last edited by DrSwole11 on Nov 10, 2013, 4:56:10 PM
Very new to the game and I'm following your build, going well so far.

One quick question, when you're looking for better gear, where do you farm? I need some better gear to help me get past Dom on cruel and I don't know really where to go. I don't have much in the way of currency yet so buying things is not really an option at the moment.

I'm happy to farm, just unsure of where or what's best. Should I do boss runs or just a certain map over and over.

Thanks for any help.
"
2) Also, why should you specialize in swords? I feel like it already takes me forever to find a good weapon. It just makes it harder when it has to be a good sword. I didn't spec into the swords yet, but I pretending like I did! I was hanging on to a sword for forever and only had about 120dps on heavy strike. Found a damn good axe finally and it jumped me to 300+. Basically, I feel like later on, if I find a good weapon that isn't a sword, I'd hesitate to use it because the sword nodes would then be useless or could be spent on more defense.

I'm doing this build as well! Love it. Currently level 72.

As for the weapon question, he only specced into swords because he found a decent one himself. He switched to a mace (bought one, presumably) so that he could swap glacial hammer in for IB on ele reflect maps. Basically, if you can spec into a few nodes if you find a decent weapon you wont upgrade for a while maybe axes for you, but the generic 1H nodes can carry you for a long time. I am level 72 and have TWO mace specific nodes, and all the generic ones and damage is fine while survivability is high.

Eventually you will want to buy a weapon with 250+ dps. He went mace for the reason above. And with 2% mana leach @ 71 (with OKish damage) I have 0 problems. Currently only running determination OR hatred.
"
Nonethewiser wrote:
"

I'm doing this build as well! Love it. Currently level 72.

As for the weapon question, he only specced into swords because he found a decent one himself. He switched to a mace (bought one, presumably) so that he could swap glacial hammer in for IB on ele reflect maps. Basically, if you can spec into a few nodes if you find a decent weapon you wont upgrade for a while maybe axes for you, but the generic 1H nodes can carry you for a long time. I am level 72 and have TWO mace specific nodes, and all the generic ones and damage is fine while survivability is high.

Eventually you will want to buy a weapon with 250+ dps. He went mace for the reason above. And with 2% mana leach @ 71 (with OKish damage) I have 0 problems. Currently only running determination OR hatred.

This is very true , I never stated this build uses swords, I even think maces are the slightly better option lategame.

How much mana leech do you need to make this build feasible. I'm out of mana after a few infernal blow attacks. [lvl 48]
"
Thorhald wrote:
How much mana leech do you need to make this build feasible. I'm out of mana after a few infernal blow attacks. [lvl 48]

1-2% is more than enough , the build is tuned for lategame though.

So is there any sort of optimal enduring cry / cast on dmg taken level after the nerf?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info