monster balance issue after 1.0

"
reboticon wrote:
There is no reward for fighting Dominus on merciless. Do the library quest for sick skill gem and leave the rest of that death trap be. ;)

There is. You get a rare unid lvl 66 map.

Ontopic, yeah. Especially maps have been out of sync. But hasn't it always been like this? My Summoner could solo almost any map up to 74 except for the temple map. HolyshitpietywtfBBQsause. They just added a buttload of those hard maps, to make things more of a challenge. So honestly, I'm fine with the maps. I'm actually making chars just to do those insanely hard maps(I did the same on anarchy, just to do them temples :D).

I agree that the new mobs are... quite overpowered. Even though it makes mapping a lot more interesting, their damage in normal and cruel should be nerfed. Like you said, they are just too strong for their level. It's either that, or buff the rest of the mobs from Act 3(everything after the last sewer imo), to make the balance feel more natural.

About the summoning thing.. Well, I don't think any of the mobs are particular better then the other mobs around. I made plenty of summoners, and as a specter, they don't see much more powerful then most other combinations. Yes, Suppressing fire is awesome, but they have the tendency to walk in and melee attack whatever is in front of them, from time to time, heavily nerfing their usefulness(Oh hello Kole! Let me cuddle you for a bit while you ground slam my ass to the moon!). Leapers are strong, but they just don't jump frequently enough to rely on them. Plus. They are quite squishy. And those corpsespitters, are only useful once you got the first corpse down, and honestly, their damage isn't that good, compared to other specters.

So I disagree they are overpowered as specters, I find them right where they are.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
77 Summoner

8 zombies around 4k life
2 random spectres

i run 72 maps with ease (enfeeble+vulnerability)

just ran a 67 arcade map (chilled ground + faster attack,cast,run)) and encountered these new "puff" mobs that cast an aoe ground explosion (whatever).
There were 3 of em, just plain white named standard version - all my minions were dead in 2 seconds.
i went from 4,9k ES to almost dead in that 2 seconds too.

i run lvl 17 purity + lvl 17 discipline for me and my minions too btw.

somehow thats not what i expected!
Dran, drauf, drüber !
these 'puffs' make excellent sceptres..

but yes, GGG, please re-balance these mobs
encounteres them again right now on 69 catacomb..

i HAD to skip the whole map because there were 4 blue of them. no way i, or my minions, could kill them.

zombies+spectres lvl 18 now

so basically now its like this:

i see these mobs -> i open a portal because map is over!
Dran, drauf, drüber !
"
"
reboticon wrote:
There is no reward for fighting Dominus on merciless. Do the library quest for sick skill gem and leave the rest of that death trap be. ;)

There is. You get a rare unid lvl 66 map.

You don't get it 100% of the time, as I didn't get one when I finally killed him on merc.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Not tried the new maps yet, I actualy don#t do maps, to risky, not rewarding as solo player. I pushed my Witch to Level 80 without maps, not even play that much PoE. Less stress, less deaths. :)
Problem is, you will not have an easy time from Level 80 up to level your chara in the normal game acts, I wonder why GGG didn't go higher there than Level 68. So you are more and more forced to run maps to level up and I don't like to be forced in gameplay.
The new Monsters are hard, even outside of the maps. Not sure how these were balanced but I guess there is room for tweaking. I can imagine these Mobs could be even worse in Maps, but as long as map drop and balance (solo is pointless if you don't have tons of IIQ/IIR) is that bad, I skip the experience of mapruns in PoE (I usualy get level 66 maps out of an good level 69 map, great -_-).
Same here, new areas definitely need to be balanced!

BTW "somehow that's not what I expected!" - definitely fits to my feelings after 1.0 release :(

Z.
Last edited by zZzbynek on Nov 1, 2013, 10:40:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info