Arc

"
my Arc Mage is unconventional (Marauder, Malachai's, Iron Will, Stun)

how much your arc dps ?
IGN: Aqur
"
Arc, on the other hand, just drains my mana far too quickly, has unreliable damage, still only ever hits 3 targets, and is quite frankly possibly the worst spell in the game right now.

the funniest thing about Arc is how GGG modified the Chain support to work with it, without realizing that it just reduces the already laughable total damage instead of increasing it, going from 150% total damage (3 hits*50%) to 125% (5 hitsx25%)
In my opinion, Arc+Chain should have a better syngergy regarding to the number of hits.

One option I'd like is to the number of hit to scale with arc & chain level and quality.

With both gems at level 1 and no quality you get 5 hits
With both gems at level 20 and 20% quality you get >5 hits

Exemple of scaling:
SupplementaryChainHits = (ArcLevel + ArcQuality + ChainLevel + ChainQuality)/20 rounded down

Such bonus would only work on Arc when you have Arc & Chain linked together.

"
JIIX wrote:
In my opinion, Arc+Chain should have a better syngergy regarding to the number of hits.

One option I'd like is to the number of hit to scale with arc & chain level and quality.

With both gems at level 1 and no quality you get 5 hits
With both gems at level 20 and 20% quality you get >5 hits

Exemple of scaling:
SupplementaryChainHits = (ArcLevel + ArcQuality + ChainLevel + ChainQuality)/20 rounded down

Such bonus would only work on Arc when you have Arc & Chain linked together.

or they could, you know, make so that the damage reduction from Chain only applies to projectiles (changing the 50% less damage to 50% less projectile damage) leaving Arc damage unaffected by it.
It's unfortunate PoE is still stuck with a Mana system, isn't it.
(I had more but it's just repeating the same, using more words)
Ok what if arc could jump indefinetly between targets, untill it reach a certain damage threshold?

Say it does 23–434 damage @ lvl 20. If you add a threshold of 434x3 or 1302 damage, if all 3 hits hit for max damage, you would have it hit 3 times, just like we have now.

But we know it wont hit for that much everytime, in fact itll do below avarage damage 50% of times, because thats the nature of this spell. Lots of times arc damage barely does a thing, meaning the mana you spent in it was just wasted. Thats the main issue with this gem i think!

Back to my example, if we hit for 434, 100, 215 in 2 jumps, the total sum is 749, so uhm arc will jump once again, till it caps the 1302 damage threshold. With 553 damage to cap, it probably will jump 2 more times before "running out of juice" hehe

Of course that threshold would only count for arcs base damage output, and threshold would be always 3 times the maximum damage. Chain support gem could increase the threshold to 5 times the maximum damage, and the lower damage output could mean even more jumps =D

What you guys think?
So, for the upcoming lightning trap I decided to make use of some arc mines, get a feel for a pure trap and mine character...

My god. This skill fucking sucks. Why is the mana cost so obscenely high? Why do all the chains get wasted attacking pots and crates? Why doesn't non-chained damage collect and add to single targets?

GGG, give this skill the discharge treatment STAT.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
JeanKB wrote:

or they could, you know, make so that the damage reduction from Chain only applies to projectiles (changing the 50% less damage to 50% less projectile damage) leaving Arc damage unaffected by it.

This is a very nice idea, and so simple to do, seeing how arc is the ONLY skill that is not a projectile and still can interact with chain supp.

Funny though how chain quality only benefits projectile dmg..

"
Wooser69 wrote:

Why doesn't non-chained damage collect and add to single targets?

This is a very sound thought as well. Make arc function like a multistrike gem - pick new targets for chains if available, if not let arc chain to the same target.

Make both happen and keep the ridiculous mana costs. Will be a costly yet heavy nuke.

Keep preaching it Charan.
I understand being understaffed, but every player going for like a single build and leaving every other damage gem unused is worth expending the manforce to try and fix it.
I thought of trying to use Arc on a totem to apply shock stacks for a lightning strike melee I'm making..

The problem there is that spark is sooooo much better for that purpose.

Casting arc depletes mana too quickly, and it does pathetic damage compared to just about every other skill.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info