Spectral Throw Build(s) "Mana Flows" 1H Phys &/or Crit - Mind Over Matter, IR, Mana Flows & Leech

"
Noose wrote:
Seems good, tho I'm thinking of dropping the aura buffs all together since I'm currently running with 1 aura, and don't see myself ever going with 2. And tbh I'm not sure how crit works with this build, need some testing.

Well end game, levels 70+ probably, even adding just 1 aura can buff your DPS by 2k, 5k, or even higher especially including the increased effect nodes around the reduction ones which is why I have a nice amount of them.

Crit on the other hand would be much better off with a dagger or rapier weapon types but you're using two handed so it may be better to drop those and grab some of the melee physical nodes, more hp or some different options. Either way I'd like to know what you and how it works.
"Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better."
"
Aranoch wrote:
"
Noose wrote:
Seems good, tho I'm thinking of dropping the aura buffs all together since I'm currently running with 1 aura, and don't see myself ever going with 2. And tbh I'm not sure how crit works with this build, need some testing.

Well end game, levels 70+ probably, even adding just 1 aura can buff your DPS by 2k, 5k, or even higher especially including the increased effect nodes around the reduction ones which is why I have a nice amount of them.

Crit on the other hand would be much better off with a dagger or rapier weapon types but you're using two handed so it may be better to drop those and grab some of the melee physical nodes, more hp or some different options. Either way I'd like to know what you and how it works.

I have to look into it tomorrow, too tired to do any kind of thinking atm :D, but deffinetly going to drop the crit talents and find some better use to them.
Ign: Ansoja
I have to look into it tomorrow, too tired to do any kind of thinking atm :D, but deffinetly going to drop the crit talents and find some better use to them.[/quote]

I'm done for a while too, but this is one I added in the OP. It's completely crit-less with a very comfortable amount of % life and it has mana leech without sacrificing anything and you could remove heart of the oak and node next to it and use the two points into more health, mana, resists, attack speed, mana reserve, or whatever else.

Something I want to look into/play around with is grabbing arching blows right on the path of the build I have linked for %30 more lightning damage and use added lightning support gem. Just an Idea for a single point.

"Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better."
updated trees info & leveling
"
Aranoch wrote:
I have to look into it tomorrow, too tired to do any kind of thinking atm :D, but deffinetly going to drop the crit talents and find some better use to them.

I'm done for a while too, but this is one I added in the OP. It's completely crit-less with a very comfortable amount of % life and it has mana leech without sacrificing anything and you could remove heart of the oak and node next to it and use the two points into more health, mana, resists, attack speed, mana reserve, or whatever else.

Something I want to look into/play around with is grabbing arching blows right on the path of the build I have linked for %30 more lightning damage and use added lightning support gem. Just an Idea for a single point.

[/quote]

I think I'm going to try this one out, tho probably going to take few less health nodes and go for the aura nodes from up, like this: (You got me convinced on trying with multiple auras, tho from my experience it doesn't work with MOM very well, atleast not in low levels.)

And as for Arching Blows, I think there should be plenty more weapon elemental dmg in this build to make it worth to take, not sure tho, can be I'll try that too :D.

Going to try Spectral Throw-LMP-Faster Attacks-Added Cold-Knockback combo as soon as I get out of work, any suggestions what links I should also try?
"
Noose wrote:
You got me convinced on trying with multiple auras, tho from my experience it doesn't work with MOM very well, atleast not in low levels.)

And as for Arching Blows, I think there should be plenty more weapon elemental dmg in this build to make it worth to take, not sure tho, can be I'll try that too :D.

Going to try Spectral Throw-LMP-Faster Attacks-Added Cold-Knockback combo as soon as I get out of work, any suggestions what links I should also try?

I didn't like the increased projectile speed, it took too long for the attacks to return and deal damage on the way back. I also decided to focus more on the physical damage side of things seeing that you can get a MUCH higher percentage with this build rather than using elemental nodes. I re-worked all the skill trees in the original post and fine tuned them. I'm feeling really comfortable where they are.

Also while I was leveling I grabbed clarity. I never run out of mana and I feel like when I finish this build with all the mana regen nodes I'll have my mana will never drop if I continue to use it or I could drop it and probably not even notice a difference especially with mana leech.

Auras are actually concerning me now also. The nodes reduce it by %20. Meaning each aura from %60 will now cost %48. Still not enabling you to run 2 auras (%48x2=%96) but there's still the reduced mana gem.

Lets say the gem is level 10. Very obtainable.
That's %81 cost. Now here's where I'm confused. I'm not sure if the %81 comes before the passives or after. Probably after.

%81 of the original %60 is %48.6.
Auras with the gem now cost %48.6 minus the %20 from passives is %38.88 rounded to %39.
Meaning running 2 auras will cost %78 of your total mana.
If you have 800 mana that leaves you with 176 mana. With the mana regen that could be doable.
Unless you come across an Alfa helm which is another %8 reduction but that's unlikely and still costing %71 point something.
Last edited by Aranoch on Oct 26, 2013, 5:31:47 AM
"
Aranoch wrote:
Auras are actually concerning me now also. The nodes reduce it by %20. Meaning each aura from %60 will now cost %48. Still not enabling you to run 2 auras (%48x2=%96) but there's still the reduced mana gem.

Lets say the gem is level 10. Very obtainable.
That's %81 cost. Now here's where I'm confused. I'm not sure if the %81 comes before the passives or after. Probably after.

%81 of the original %60 is %48.6.
Auras with the gem now cost %48.6 minus the %20 from passives is %38.88 rounded to %39.
Meaning running 2 auras will cost %78 of your total mana.
If you have 800 mana that leaves you with 176 mana. With the mana regen that could be doable.
Unless you come across an Alfa helm which is another %8 reduction but that's unlikely and still costing %71 point something.

That's exatcly what I'm worried about. With Mind over matter it seems like when I get few large hits I'm oom, even with clarity, adding one more aura, I'm not sure how to sustain the mana other than manaleech.
So this is what I've got so far:
Its basically the same as your Mana Leech Added build, but I've taken the 1h talents out, replacing them with aura nodes. Theres one point to go with, thinking of going for Master of the Arena, or Arcing Blows. I also noted that Ice Bite is only 2 points away in this build (Might be good for more elemental dmg, tho I'm not sure how that works (Arcing Blows and Ice Bite?!)).
Main consern is the auras. If the mana reserve is still too high after I've taken all the reduction talents, I'm thinking of taking them off all together and switching them either to elemental damage or added 2h damage(tho I think it might just work with all the mana regen talents and mana leech).

Thoughts?
Last edited by Noose on Oct 26, 2013, 6:19:21 AM
Looks nice lets Build
registered since September 8, 2012 played 892 Hours pays 0$ (need to change that)

Guild:
Sportfreunde Wraeclast (best Guild in PoE)
/global 4745 - deutscher Chat
"
Noose wrote:
So this is what I've got so far:
Its basically the same as your Mana Leech Added build, but I've taken the 1h talents out, replacing them with aura nodes. Theres one point to go with, thinking of going for Master of the Arena, or Arcing Blows. I also noted that Ice Bite is only 2 points away in this build (Might be good for more elemental dmg, tho I'm not sure how that works (Arcing Blows and Ice Bite?!)).
Main consern is the auras. If the mana reserve is still too high after I've taken all the reduction talents, I'm thinking of taking them off all together and switching them either to elemental damage or added 2h damage(tho I think it might just work with all the mana regen talents and mana leech).

Thoughts?

Here's what I've gathered, running 2 auras can be done with the build I've linked. Then if you're still feeling a little deprived you could always run clarity with blood magic. This has been settled in another thread. You could even push this to 3 auras if you reworked the skill tree and grabbed eldritch battery, you would be losing a portion of physical damage but at this point you'd want to grab evasion/energy shield or armor/energy shield gear making this very easy to get the link colors you want without much work. Could very well be viable but doing it this way you're limited to where you can go from here. Stacking either physical damage or crit chance or simply adding resists and life nodes to become super tanky with a lower end, end game DPS. With eldritch battery the mana regen is a % of max mana. With the super high amount you'll have your mana regen will be through the roof and easily capable of running with only 150 or so mana.

On a side ish note, if you were to use daggers instead of swords, them being 1H weapons. A high rolled physical one with those nodes around EB would be very very handy for a crit build.

Skill Tree:

And eldritch battery crit dagger build

Added this option to the OP.
Last edited by Aranoch on Oct 27, 2013, 6:07:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info