Spectral Throw Build(s) "Mana Flows" 1H Phys &/or Crit - Mind Over Matter, IR, Mana Flows & Leech

"
What weapon type will be used? 2 Hand or Duel Wield?

Dual wielding seems kind of pointless unless the items give overall effects, such as resists, a lot of a stat, crit chance etc. 2H or shield and weapon is what my preference has been leveling so far. I found a really good sword that was a little better damage wise than my 2H i was using, so my choice was that + shield and I like the slightly tankier feeling.
"Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better."
Unless it's my imagination I think the projectile speed passive ultimately increased the distance of spectral throw? The speed is definitely faster but I'm fairly certain it goes further also
"Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better."
UPDATE: Made the skill tree a little more efficient, more %10 more life at the loss of nothing, adding another side option without losing efficiency.

Feed back is appreciated.
I'd drop the three +6% to Elemental resistances and take the three nodes of +18% to fire, cold, lightning at the beginning of the Scion area.
Last edited by ibugsy on Oct 25, 2013, 2:23:59 PM
"
ibugsy wrote:
I'd drop the three +6% to Elemental resistances and take the three nodes of +18% to fire, cold, lightning at the beginning of the Scion area.

Completely overlooked that, I dropped the %6 near berserking and diamond flesh and the nodes leading to it. That freed up 5 points, 3 spent into the %18's and 2 left over with the +%resits. Good spot :)
Last edited by Aranoch on Oct 25, 2013, 3:45:10 PM
"
"
Noose wrote:
"
What weapon type will be used? 2 Hand or Duel Wield?

From my experience, it seems that 2 hand weapons suite better than dual wielding.

ok also what stats are you going for gear wise?

I've been using eva/armour, some max mana/life, resistances, physical/elemental damage and life/mana leech, mana on kill etc. I'm currently half way cruel act 3 (had to work :( ) and I've been totally face rolling the content (tho my lucky 5L 2h drop might have hands on that), absolutely no problems, except on high damage/health rare mobs. Btw, I'd recommend to use Cast on Damage Taken linked to Molten Shell for a lot better survivability, also planning on adding Enduring Cry to it, tho haven't gotten my hands on in just yet. As for aura, I don't use Hatred any more since damage has been enough for me, and switched it to Clarity. Haven't been using 2 auras at the same time, tho I've tried it, and as soon as I was getting a lot of damage, I'd go compleatly oom, hence I don't go with 2 auras.

As for links, I've been going with this:
(going to try mana leech instead of life when I get one)

I've also adjusted the OPs build a little, here's the link if someone is interested. I'd strongly recommend on going to mana leech talent, since mana will be an issue if using mind over matter talent (at least have been to me). Currently level 50.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecDlghnDkgVIBg8GNsZihqPHaomlSmlKk0s6S2DMgkyfjboOlI7KD8nRZZGcUrITDJOKlBCUzVVS1YtWK9aUluvYENqk2xGbWxte249bmluqm-ecFJw1XJsdPF4DX1bguSDCYUyiq-MNpARks2TOpcGm12btZ_Loi6nNKiaqW6sR6x_tUi18rZBvSe-p8APwFHDOsSixLjKStJN1e3V-NhN3Q3hiOKA44TrLPKX9tr56PsJ

Question: Has anyone thought about any single target ability that would suite to this build? Been trying to find one. Also anyone has any experience on using leap slam? Should I get it?

ty
Ign: Ansoja
Wouldent it be better to go with some of the % support gems instead of added cold damage? And a Faster Projectiles, both for 10% more damage, and the weapons travel further, in fact almost out of the screen. combine that with the passive you are mentioning and you will kill alot of enemies you dont even see
"
Deadlocks wrote:
Wouldent it be better to go with some of the % support gems instead of added cold damage? And a Faster Projectiles, both for 10% more damage, and the weapons travel further, in fact almost out of the screen. combine that with the passive you are mentioning and you will kill alot of enemies you dont even see

I tried the Faster Projectile support, but found it easier to manage groups by using added cold damage. Tho i am planning on switching to added fire damage and knock back supports, just haven't got them yet :/
[/quote]

Here's an alteration of your version of my build lol. It's a lot more crit heavy, more aura reduction and aura effectiveness from your build by dropping unwavering stance and iron grip. I feel those would make much less of a difference than what I've done here.

EDIT: Made a fix for more HP same points
I also edited the main post and put different build links one being this listed above.
Last edited by Aranoch on Oct 25, 2013, 6:12:05 PM
Seems good, tho I'm thinking of dropping the aura buff talents all together since I'm currently running with 1 aura, and don't see myself ever going with 2. And tbh I'm not sure how crit works with this build, need some testing.
Last edited by Noose on Oct 25, 2013, 6:12:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info