Spectral Throw

"
Ozsmeg wrote:
There seems to be alot of confusion here with how ST and shotgunning works. Although strictly not a shotgun as we understand it from other skills. ST can still hit the same target more than once per cast. Which is generally considered a shotgun effect even if these hits have a time between them.

It is true that ST can not hit the same target more than once in less than 0.3 seconds with the same projectile. However everyone seems to use this with faster projectiles which makes the skill less effective in this respect. Pairing this with slower projectiles instead means that the weapon stays in the same place long enough to hit the same target more than once. This 0.3 seconds also appears to be effected by attack speed some how.

I can make my Lmp-ST hit the same target multiple times and via positioning I can make all 3 hit the same target.

each projectile can hit the same target multiple times, yes. but where did you find this .3 second value? and does that apply to a .95 aspd totemic maul the same way it does a 1.55 aspd rapier if they both have no increased attack speed?

EDIT: found it on the wiki. i agree this needs to be more clearly understood. if its a base of .3 per attack then lmp doesn't allow shotgunning in the sense that we understand it a-la freezing pulse and fireball. however, if its the same situation with 1h weapons like daggers and their attack speed doesn't actually matter (save for modifiers) then it'd be most effective to use this with the slowest, heaviest hitting weapon you can find and to apply as many +aspd% passives as possible, scoring 6-8 hits per second for 60% of the weapon damage of a weapon that does 100% of its damage only once per second, yielding you 600+% overall dps with this skill, assuming you can get it to constantly hit, which doesn't seem that hard with slower projectiles and cold damage.
Last edited by xenogfan43 on Nov 30, 2013, 4:21:10 AM
Is it just me, or is Spectral Throws DPS horribly low?

This is what I'm currently using, and the dps isn't even enough to clear Docks at a reasonable speed..

Yeah, my Gems aren't maxed out, but they'd only add very little DPS since they're mostly additive on top of my high Increased Damage Passives. Only exception being Added Fire.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Tooltip dps is indeed low, but effective dps is much higher. I think it is you. Dps is the smallest of all my problems
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
"
Tooltip dps is indeed low, but effective dps is much higher. I think it is you. Dps is the smallest of all my problems

I know the tooltip isn't much of an indication, but I've cleared Docks faster, with worse gear, using Fireball/EleProlif+SearingTouch... >_<
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Two good combo with ST :

1)
Spectral throw (skill) + staff (weapon) + Blunt Trauma (major passive node) + Fending (major passive node) + knock back distance (minor passive node) + crit + crit dmge = g00d
It allows you to multihit a target with the benefit of an "almost shotgun" effect.
In fact, each time the target will be knock back, it will die in the next sec.

2)
Spectral throw + a lot of crit + faster projectile + Multiple Projectiles (G or L) + cast on crit + ethereal knives = g00d
Ethereal knives and Spectral throw are projectiles and can have their dmge increase by the same node.
The 2 get the benefit from faster projectiles and multiples projectiles (G or L).
With GMP (or LMP) + faster projectiles, Spectral throw is like an aoe that cover a full part of the screen... and ethereal knives too.

Spectral throw deals a lot of damage.
IT's super strong at low level and very good after.
Last edited by manaa3 on Dec 9, 2013, 6:32:44 AM
I'm at 2.7k tooltip dps at 64 level but I don't take that in consideration.

The thing I like most with my duelist spectral thrower is that with my 30% move speed I
can just throw swords and run around enemies killing them with spectrals doing all the work.
To crit or not to crit ?
So best Weapon für ST is 2-Handed with High-Phys-Dmg?
"
Godan1975 wrote:
So best Weapon für ST is 2-Handed with High-Phys-Dmg?
a 2h axe or a 1h fencing type sword, just like cyclone's "best" weapons.
does abyssus work with spectral throw? Does anyone know?
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
"
Eep wrote:
does abyssus work with spectral throw? Does anyone know?

Obviously, it does, because it states "with melee weapons", so it should work, as well as all those nodes stating "with one-handed weapon" or "with daggers", etc.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info