Mods Compendium

"
Velkor wrote:
"
I have a question:

I have reviewed the item mod spreadsheet by Velkor. Several items (helms, gloves, boots, rings, and amulets) show the possibility of receiving an IIR prefix and an IIR suffix. The prefix is Dragon's (IIR up to 30) and the suffix is Archaeology (IIR up to 26). One could surmise from this that an IIR of 56 is possible, not including implicit modifiers.

I've used many alts this week trying to create this combination, without success. I have also discussed this matter in chat (Legacy Server) and no one has been able to produce a link to such an item.

My question is, are some mods mutually exclusive? If you receive the Dragon's mod on an item, does that preclude you from receiving the Archaeology mod? If this is the case, how many mutually exclusive mod combinations are there? Or, if there are no mutually exclusive mods, does the presence of some mods drastically reduce the odds of receiving another certain mod?

The same holds true for spell damage on weapons. I've seen some linked here with both Incanter and Archmage (or lower versions of the two). Are those items recent creations? Is it still possible to produce them?

This information is rather important given the rarity of Regal Orbs, and especially Exalted Orbs. I am certain no one wants to waste the most valuable crafting items attempting mod combinations that are not even possible.

You can't get both Increased item rarity (IIR) prefix and suffix. It's one or the other. As far as I know, its the only mod that can spawn as both prefix and suffix, so the only case of mutually exclusive mod. I think I'll add a note to the compendium about it.

As far as spell damage on weapons is concerned, both Incanter and Archmage can still spawn on wands, daggers, sceptres and staffs for a potential max amount of 103 spell damage. In addition, wand can get an extra 20 spell damage as an implicit mod.

Btw, here's a new page I created on wand on the PoE wiki : http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Wands

So...am I making a mess when I found this amulet on day 3 of the Open Beta?

I was surprised when I couldn't augment it and started looking into the mod(s). Not even the 21% would be correct, since "Magpie's" (10-18) and "of raiding" (15-20) can't hit that number...

Am I correct or did I miss out on something obvious?
This may be somewhat of an aberration, but a thread in the CB period asking players to post their best trophy items, *did* show a fairly high level chestplate that had a 26% IIR bonus. I can't document that right this minute, but I'm fairly sure a bit of searching might prove it. Either that, or I was mistaken. I'll look it up and see if it can be confirmed again, but the info is here if you need it.
1337 21gn17ur3
"
Tapeworm wrote:

So...am I making a mess when I found this amulet on day 3 of the Open Beta?

I was surprised when I couldn't augment it and started looking into the mod(s). Not even the 21% would be correct, since "Magpie's" (10-18) and "of raiding" (15-20) can't hit that number...

Am I correct or did I miss out on something obvious?

Hmm, that means that IIR can spawn again as both prefix and suffix now. They may have change it in the last patch.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Jan 28, 2013, 9:25:53 AM
Btw, anyone knows if the new chaos resistance mod is a prefix or suffix? I guess it's a suffix since elemental resists are suffixes too.

Also, on which item can it spawn? I guess it can spawn on all kind of items like elemental resists but I might be wrong. Finally, what's the max amount of chaos resist that can spawn on a single item ? Up to now, the max I've seen is +23 chaos resistance.
Last edited by Velkor on Jan 28, 2013, 12:09:16 PM
If we assume that the double IIR is once again possible, it does raise another question. Why was the final number 21? Did they simple change around the mod number ranges, or is there an intentional penalty to combining two identical mods?
"
Tapeworm wrote:
If we assume that the double IIR is once again possible, it does raise another question. Why was the final number 21? Did they simple change around the mod number ranges, or is there an intentional penalty to combining two identical mods?

Good question.
How to find out value range for implicit mods, I have a dagger with Global crit, but it's not listed in the Compendium as a possible affix?

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
How to find out value range for implicit mods, I have a dagger with Global crit, but it's not listed in the Compendium as a possible affix?

While many items has implicit mods with ranging values, there are actually a lot of items with fixed values. All daggers for example, have fixed implicit mod values but it's different depending on the base type of the dagger. Check the item list on this page and you will find all the values.
Hey thank you for this great work , very useful for new players like me :) Tho I have a question

On "POE MODS" tab I see that there is no "Increase Item Quantity" listed in "Categories", is that on purpose because it's been removed from the game since Closed Beta ? or is it just something you forgot ?

If it's still in game could someone enlight me and tell me which items can give "Increase Item Quantity" ?

Thank you :)

ps : sorry for bad english its not my main language
"
joebond wrote:
On "POE MODS" tab I see that there is no "Increase Item Quantity" listed in "Categories", is that on purpose because it's been removed from the game since Closed Beta ? or is it just something you forgot ?

The category is called "Item acquisition" and includes "Base Item Found Quantity +%" and "Base Item Found Rarity +%".

"Base Item Found Quantity +%" is a suffix and can be found on lines 362 to 364 of the PoE mods tab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info