Reave missing targets/not causing damage (not desync)

I've been having this problem with reave for quite some time, but before I thought it was due to desync. Now I'm reasonably convinced desync has nothing to do with it.

I can sit there blasting mobs down with 8 stacks (hitting most of the screen) of aoe on mobs that are mostly stationary (zombies, skeletons, etc) and I'll see all kinds of stuff. In some cases I'll see some mobs flinch from the hit and take no damage, other mobs flinch and lose health, and other mobs ignore the situation altogether. This will occur in very odd proportions for an attack where I have 90% chance to hit, in ways where evasion and desync couldn't possibly account for the amount of misses. These are slow moving mobs that don't usually evade attacks and are in the direct center of my aoe cone at medium range, avoiding upwards of 50% of hits.

It's difficult for me to prove any of this since the game DOES have desync and evasion, but I've used other aoe and other melee skills on the mobs and never seen these results, even with characters that have much lower chance to hit.

EDIT: I'm going to start doing math with this ability and record some footage.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Aug 30, 2013, 7:44:59 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Same exact thing happens to me. Sometimes you see the reave hitting and the monsters getting stunned but not taking any damage.
Thanks, I'm pretty sure I've located the problem and it should be fixed soon.
Yeah i have noticed it must have some weird miss bug as well.

Best way to find it out is when you have allies cannot die totem in a map, and you hit it when there is a huge pack next to it, you won't be able to hit the totem no matter what angle you try.
IGN: Rollface
You're sure you've located the problem but I'm still having this issue even now, two months later. I'm having weird issues similar to the OP in which my Reave will be hitting the target, they even get stunned by the damage, and the rainbow-ish animation plays as if they're hit, but they don't take damage. It's very easy to see that they take no damage because they don't even have a health bar over their head when it does this to full health targets. This happens in every fight very often so I'm certain that my miss chance can't possibly be accounting for all of this.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Identifying the problem != Fixing the problem.
Fixing the problem != Submitting the fix for inclusion in a future patch.
Submission of the fix != Fix being accepted for inclusion in patch.

Unless the fix is mentioned in a public change log, don't expect the problem to be resolved.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Nov 9, 2013, 6:44:03 PM
"

Unless the fix is mentioned in a public change log, don't expect the problem to be resolved.

I didn't certainly expect it, but I expected at least another word might be spoken on it in two months time. The GGG post above was written prior to release. We're almost at the first content patch since release and still not even a word.

I just want confirmation that this hasn't been lost in the mess.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"
Duskbane wrote:
"

I didn't certainly expect it, but I expected at least another word might be spoken on it in two months time. The GGG post above was written prior to release. We're almost at the first content patch since release and still not even a word.

I just want confirmation that this hasn't been lost in the mess.

No problem, no negativity was implied.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
This was fixed in patch 0.11.5c.
I'm getting this all the time :S I just switched over from my ranger to my reave shadow and it just made me depressed. It feels like half the time I am hitting thin air. Perhaps it's a sync issue :-\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info