Reave

could you please post what was the design idea behind this skill? maybe I (or it seems not only me) cannot see the intended use. maybe it had planned some kind of proc for the aoe targets? maybe increased stun time or just whatever interesting..

currently it (due to desync that some people now realize how bad it is) is a serious underperformer dmg wise and 'ease of use wise' - it requires lots of movement (that causes desync) to just match other skills..

in most cases reave is at 0 charges and repositioning to exploit the cone is a dead-time dps wise so it simply is not worth it in most cases. it is better to simply use cleave with incAOE that will a) exploit bugged ele-dmg b) use full AOE from the first to last swing c) allow the use of curses etc d) deal bigger dps for the ~same cost

when you had shown preview of it i thought of Thunderclap from D3 - that is a skill that allowed quick jump from target to target to make keeping the charges easier. but it seems that the movement is not there due to 'open chest, loose charges' issue

BTW. anyone still thinking that this skill is OK - try the new weaver fight with it and then do the same with dual/double strike + melee splash. difference is stunning. Reave to be effective requires good planning (Desync kinda makes it impossible) while melee splash not only attacks all target around you (and it does it on server, so the targets attacked are the real close-by targets). get surrounded using reave (And you cannot avoid it in that fight) and see how good it is..

BTW2. that fight is 'fun' for evade-based players. it is official - you dont consider evade anything more than way to gain armor via IR.. how many hardcore players will die in that fight?

BTW3. just seriously - after youve used reave for some time, just swap it with dual/double strike + melee splash and see the difference. currently reave is a classy way to gimp yourself.
Last edited by sidtherat on Aug 22, 2013, 12:52:16 AM
While were on the note of bugs, can you guys fix the thing where you become pink when hit with a status aliment while blood rage is active? It's not that appealing when i go farming in all pink lol...
IGN: Aionair/Sinsassine
1ex = 50 chaos = 110 fusings
1eternal = 2ex
Last edited by Airen06 on Aug 22, 2013, 1:02:42 AM
My main issue is (as some other people already have mentioned) how it appears to work as a single target skill, even though it's clearly meant for aoe.

If I stack it up to 8 charges, the aoe is huge, but this wont help when I have to run up to a mob I rightclick on to actually start attacking. So I have to use shiftclicking to attack from range with it, and then the problem becomes desync oriented, because I dont know exactly how far away the mob is, and if its not close enough, then the stacks will drop.

In my opinion it should work as most spells does (or cleave) so that when I rightclick something it runs as close as I have to be to start attacking accounting for the increased aoe from the stacks! Similarly to how you just fixed EK! (Although I believe in the case of reave, it has to do with the fact that its a single target attack, with a cone effect added afterwards)
Last edited by Xper1mental on Aug 22, 2013, 1:07:40 AM
Hey guys!

I posted some reave feedback earlier and now with a better dagger and a 6L I'm currently enjoying an insane 30k DPS on reave without conc effect! Great work guys!
and with heavy strike, cleave or double/dual strike you have how much?

and arent you confusing paper dps with real effectiveness? this skill requires constant aiming and repositioning (also known as 'the time when you dont deal damage') and you cannot use curses etc without loosing (Albeit only for short time but still) effectiveness

btw with insane gear auto attack can also reach silly dps numbers :)
The biggest advantage about reave for me is the fact that you can shift attack and the aoe will still be produced. If you are using melee splash, your initial hit must hit a target to produce an aoe.

My dps went from 12k (double strike + splash + multistrike + crit damage + melee phys) to 18k (reave + conc effect + multi + crit dmg + melee phys). On paper it is better and I have no aoe nodes, so if I were to get some aoe nodes it would be even better. The only issue is the cone shaped aoe versus what the aoe of other skills is like.

Multistrike seems like an advantage unlike may claim with reave. If you position yourself directly inside a group of monsters the multistrike will cause you to attack the entire group very uniformly despite the directed aoe.

Since you can shift attack with reave, if you are fighting a boss and there are other mobs around, you can stand back and shift click the ground, if there are no mobs in range all 3 attacks will be performed on the spot you are clicking.

Still it is inferior to cleave but possibly a better option than melee splash for daggers and claws.
Last edited by BigRussianDude on Aug 22, 2013, 1:38:11 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
We did experiment with other skills not loosing the stages, but it wasn't as good.

What does that mean?
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Watching that video Seionage.... The Force is with you. Gj.

List your links, that knockback gem looks like its kicking ass too~! I was using added fire but I think i will switch it to knockback and use added when i needa kill boss.
Last edited by guamlegend on Aug 22, 2013, 3:34:49 AM
"
mazul wrote:
"
Caustic wrote:
I am currently extremely disappointed with this skill. As a level 84 low life crit dagger templar, I just can't see the justification in making the AoE reset upon using a different skill. It was supposed to be a dagger/claw weapon, but both weapons utilize critical strikes very well. What this does is make the increased AoE completely negligible, because you should be killing packs in 1 to 2 hits, and then it's absolutely impossible to get to the next pack without the area resetting. Overall the skill is worse in every way in comparison to melee splash double strike. You are not only doing way less damage, but your average AoE is way higher with melee splash. I suppose it could be more useful in groups, but I also tend to kill everything in 6 man groups in 1-2 crits as well.

Explain to me how you are doing less damage?

Dual Strike + Melee Splash vs Reave + Concentrated Effect; explain to me how the former does more damage than the latter?

Edit: Just noticed you said "double strike", but that one is good to to explain to me:D. Explain how double strike + melee splash does higher dmg than Reave + Concentrated Effect.

just try it and you ll see
it s way better,i clear sarn city on merciless 2-3 times faster with double strike+melee splash then with reave,tried both skills with tabula rasa and 5 supports,even with 1 more support that increase dps(concentrated effect) reave is so weak compared to double strike-double strike deals more damage,better aoe,faster attack,more critical dmg,ability to run out of danger with whirling blades and not to loose aoe size(like reave)...so sad,i hoped reave would be first true aoe skill for dagger/claw users,can t be further from truth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info