Become Invincible - Low Life Righteous Fire Vaal Pact Freezing Pulse - Tuned for Onslaught

Posting the talent tree and a couple things because I got asked how I am still alive.

I managed to make myself nearly unkillable in the majority of the maps. This specc can play anything but Blood Magic. Yes, even Double Reflect -Max and No Regen maps without getting into trouble (gotta pay attention though)

The skill tree is temporary since I dont know what to put in my 6 Link yet since I didnt gather enough currency to try linking myself. Probably I will try to run a lottery anyway so it might change.

The build is expensive, really really expensive. So if youre looking for something to work towards as a new player this isnt for you. On top of that the build is tuned for Onslaught, no other league since Eye of Chayula would free up a huge amount of points and is available in the other Hardcore League.

Items you will need

Why even run Shavronnes and not just CI Crit Freezing Pulse may some people ask now. The reason is the chill duration of your casts. You will never get past ~55% crit chance on Freezing Pulse in a Hardcore league unless you run around in perfect gear. CI Crit builds have the problem that their multiplier is insane, but the base damage complete trash. You dont crit, you dont deal damage and thats a problem when running Vaal Pact because that usually means you neither leech nor chill since you only heal your self when you crit, but if you dont you drop.. drop.. drop. With RF you get rid of that problem. No matter whether or not you crit you will deal decent damage, you will chill and you will leech helpful amounts.

I am running 5 Auras
Determination, Haste, Discipline, Purity, Grace. Buffing the majority on my life makes it possible for me to have 1100 unreserved mana in a max mana pool of 1450. A high pool is necessary to leech enough mana, especially when your Freeze Pulse eats up 100+ mana per cast.

Power Charge generation happens over Ice Spear (level 1). I honestly want to play it with a leveled one so I am able to freeze mobs from far away but I cant support it with my current gear. Maybe later that becomes possible.

The most important part of this build is situational awareness regarding the map youre playing and important for that is a vast amount of different flasks.

Depending on the map you will want to switch. Potential Alchemists? Waste Pool says hi. You might wanna run a Chaos Flask. Running Torture Chamber? A ruby will probably help. Double Reflect -Max? Get a Dispel Burning Cold Cap flask as a panic button into case of a reflect pack.

The problem that is life degeneration
The main problem that had to be solved was the degeneration from Blood Rage and Righteous Fire. Since Vaal Pact disables Life Regeneration Zealots Oath isnt an option since it simply makes your life regeneration apply to your energy shield, its still liferegen though.

Shavronnes Revelation makes it possible for you to regenerate ES while running Vaal, enough to run RF even in -max maps. You deregen at a slow pace but thats not really a problem since you have dispel burning flasks and run Life Leech.

Because of the rings second effect you will have to run mana leech and a pot though.

I currently have over 50% physical resistance with Endurance Charges, 5.4k Freezing Pulse dps and cant die to reflect (at least at the moment).

I wanted to make LL RF Freezing Pulse work in a Hardcore environment and that means removing the problem of having to constantly worry about reflect. And I kinda did. Just wanted to share that and show that it is possible to run a build like that thanks to a recently introduced unique and I think its a really good blueprint for normal Hardcore builds since those would only have to get rid of US, run Chayula, and specc into ES or something else.

If you have any critcism or a way to improve the build I would like to hear it. Making it better will only help me.

Just 6 Linked my Shavronnes. A guy won the 10 Exalted lottery with 7 fusings, the first 7 fusings I used on it to get the 6 Link. Talk about being lucky.

Options I am currently considering
Added Lightning
Added Chaos
Faster Projectiles
Increased Crit Damage
Added Cold
Elemental Proliferation
Cold Penetration

Will give feedback on most of them. Not really convinced by Added Lightning so far. Even though I am using RF which boosts my Lightning damage quite a bit by default I am still not even able to shock stack Piety properly. Need to check whether or not thats different for level 75+ rares but I doubt it at that point.

After testing multiple gems I came up with the conclusion to use Increased Critical Damage for now. Added Lightning is really nice because it increased the non crit damage of Freezing Pulse a lot and shocks quite reliable. The reason why I dont plan on using is right now is the fact that I can barely shock level 73+ rares and usually have a Sporker on my group anyway. So why shock stack myself if everything shocked already anyway?

I might revisit the issue when I upgraded my gear and got a huge amount of cash to buy a pair of Thunderfists since I think that they might be the key to make AL work properly with Freezing Pulse. Cant test that right now though since I currently dont have the funds to prioritize a "will maybe use" item over necessary upgrades.
Last edited by nynyny on Aug 6, 2013, 9:41:31 PM
Very interesting build, props to you =p

Seems like it won't be possible to replicate in HC without Shav's Revelations =/

I might be missing something, but how do you generate power charges? You don't seem to have it linked to FP, do you generate it with another skill, maybe on gloves/helm?

Nvm I skipped over the section about power charges, and I can't edit.

"
Very interesting build, props to you =p

Seems like it won't be possible to replicate in HC without Shav's Revelations =/

I might be missing something, but how do you generate power charges? You don't seem to have it linked to FP, do you generate it with another skill, maybe on gloves/helm?

Completely forgot about that. Well then I guess its a blueprint in 2 months, and until then just tuned for Onslaught or people who want to survive in Standard.

The builds deals more than enough damage, no need to hit 16.000+ FP DPS. So I guess people on Standard could play it too.
very interesting post and i like it, keep the good work up
signature?
"
Makavelit0t0 wrote:
very interesting post and i like it, keep the good work up

Thanks for the feedback
updated
mmm nom nom nom

shrine map video plx
Last edited by mvm199 on Sep 10, 2013, 3:02:12 AM
Its nothing agaisnt you, but:

When people will stop posting builds with 6L Shav's ?!

Also, any high elemental DMG Boss will eat you for breakfast.

Thats why this commentfrom mvm199 is here:
"
mmm nom nom nom

shrine map video plx
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
Its nothing agaisnt you, but:

When people will stop posting builds with 6L Shav's ?!

Also, any high elemental DMG Boss will eat you for breakfast.

Thats why this commentfrom mvm199 is here:
"
mmm nom nom nom

shrine map video plx

Not exactly, 7k es and vaal pact is not so bad vs megaera / piety. But he bragged about doing this map in a 1000 threads. I dont even believe he ran it, or prolly not alone.

http://i.imgur.com/iCcRCNI.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info