Tyr's **0.11.1** Pure Elemental Bow Spec

"
aznspryd wrote:
D: i'm sure that's against the wiki policies?

I hope so...
The Admin from the PoE wiki site the contacted me via PM about 2 months ago. He was kind enough to ask my permission to post this build.

Is someone ripping my ideas off and passing it along as their own?

As for the Petrov comparison, I dont know him. I might have read that thread a long ass time ago. Lineage is a funny thing in PoE. This build is a continuation of my LS build from last May when Shadow class was introduced. That thread ran for 4 months until I broke LS again after they nerfed it hard & got bored. That LS Shadow Crit Dagger build was a continuation of one I was running on my duelist in March of '12, before consolidating the ideas into one specific thread. Almost a year ago.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Last edited by Tyranthal on Mar 15, 2013, 1:11:11 PM
"
Tyranthal wrote:
The Admin from the PoE wiki site the contacted me via PM about 2 months ago. He was kind enough to ask my permission to post this build.

Is someone ripping my ideas off and passing it along as their own?

No. He deleted 3 builds, this one being one of them. He also started promoting a forum of builds, Exile Pro or something, all yesterday.
This build works on pvp?
thx for build
Ice Shot's chilled duration is nasty for pvp. Pair with Poison Arrow and Vulnerability, Bear Trap.. Use the ice shot chain combo against skellys/summoners/totems for lulzy wins. Nowhere to hide from the chain.
Thanks for posting this interesting build.

Some questions though.

Why not go more for elemental damage and lightning damage over area damage?
Does area damage do more than elemental damage?

Why go for critical hit?

I was thinking of doing this till a higher level and then putting more points into life and crit, buffs etc.

what do you think?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcEswU6BVsOSA-rES8RlhRNFr8Z1x4aHwImlSpbLR8yiTLRNsVFR0bXTLNVS1XGV-JdxmBtYeJnvW0ZbWxte3BScNV2EXflfq9_xoM4hK-H24hri4yMNo9Gm6GdgKKjpwi1BLVItve4k8BRwfPFzM9l0NDSGdbR2CTd8-Fz44TndOvu7SDub-988-r_k1M1NnvLQXK7m7XDOlYtrH-ESA==
Last edited by richie01 on Mar 18, 2013, 10:58:29 AM
"
richie01 wrote:
Thanks for posting this interesting build.

Some questions though.

Why not go more for elemental damage and lightning damage over area damage?
Does area damage do more than elemental damage?

Why go for critical hit?

I was thinking of doing this till a higher level and then putting more points into life and crit, buffs etc.

what do you think?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcEswU6BVsOSA-rES8RlhRNFr8Z1x4aHwImlSpbLR8yiTLRNsVFR0bXTLNVS1XGV-JdxmBtYeJnvW0ZbWxte3BScNV2EXflfq9_xoM4hK-H24hri4yMNo9Gm6GdgKKjpwi1BLVItve4k8BRwfPFzM9l0NDSGdbR2CTd8-Fz44TndOvu7SDub-988-r_k1M1NnvLQXK7m7XDOlYtrH-ESA==

Richie, there is nothing wrong with the build you posted. In fact, that is very similar to what this thread focused on for months and months in CB.

OB presented new challenges, the greatest being survivability. I'm testing a shadow in the Mara start right now for alllll the great HP/Regen/Resists available. Elemental Adaptation is another perk. Im testing how I like more crit to pair with the inherent 6% crit chance that comes with Explosive Arrow, which I have setup to be my MF finisher & overall meatshield.

Also, after 7 months of the same thing, its fun to branch out.
Yeah I see you use a lot of abilities not just mainly lightning arrow.
Really liking this build though just finding it not very effective in parties due to mana consumption but great fun solo.

I wonder if it's worth using mana leach in parties with lightning arrow?

For me right now my main focus is getting my lightning arrow to do more damage and
maintain enough mana for auras and group play.

I think though my survivability might be a little low.

Does the over 100% critical strike chance from 5 points make a huge difference?
right now my crit chance is only 12%

I am level 49 almost 50 now and was thinking about going these passives first.
hopefully my survivability will be OK :P

My skills to level 55-60

Any bows you would highly recommend I go after or stats on bows?
Thinking I should try get a high lightning damage elemental bow but it's really hard to trade for bows when u have no idea how much dps it will give, some bows have more elemental damage and base physical but give less dps.

Anyway I can see what gear your using on the forums like I can see my own?
Last edited by richie01 on Mar 18, 2013, 9:29:19 PM
"
richie01 wrote:

Any bows you would highly recommend I go after or stats on bows?
Thinking I should try get a high lightning damage elemental bow but it's really hard to trade for bows when u have no idea how much dps it will give, some bows have more elemental damage and base physical but give less dps.

Anyway I can see what gear your using on the forums like I can see my own?

A bow like
would be ideal for you at this level. I personally still like the deaths harp, pick whichever feels most comfortable to you. Its not always about top end dmg... smart crowd control goes a long way.

Like.. link chance to flee with ranged atk totem ice shot chain & crit chance/ele prolif/faster attacks/faster projectiles etc etc. Use your imagination :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info