Death's Oath CI

If you want to retain your credibility, you'll play your build before you promote this "guide" of yours. I guarantee you that things will change according to actual playing.

@Zanyu, Invalesco actually had a CI build up which used a rare Astral for a chestpiece. Not sure how long it's been since updating or anything, but my understanding is that it's at least viable.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Novalisk the point of an ES build is usually to have a larger amount of "health" pool and if you do take a large amount of damage, there's at least a larger buffer than melee life builds. I'm guessing that was the logic GGG had when they were nerfing the life nodes.

I've talked to some CI friends, and I know of recent CI melee builds, other than the a very very item dependent high dependent crit dagger shadow build. CI melee is just a "fun" and unique build that isn't as competitive as other sides of the spectrum. But they are definitely viable.

Even with a crit shadow dagger build, you are usually playing a "ranged" melee with lightning strike.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/422432/page/1

Is one of the CI "melee" builds that I am mentioning that is completely viable.

But I almost know absolutely no one that can easily (it's usually extremely expensive and high level) be a "melee" with CI and by this I mean, actually going in and say cycloning around for leech and damage (or cleave, heavy strike, cyclone is just an example). Most CI melee use lightning strike in conjunction of their build. They are just making up for a weak portion of their build, CI wasn't supposed to be in the middle of the fray to take consistent hits and "tank."

Even your build is taking use of lightning strike, and like I said, you could easily do this build with a regular ES or even a hybrid chest. Hell if you really want offensive melee stats on an item, use thunderfists, it helps lightning strike, has ES, and can opt out for a real chest.

I've done the math and some extensive testing with death's oath and I simply cannot justify using this chest piece in any real niche build without saying a rare chest with near above average stats to serve the same use and perform better.

As I have said and as well as others, test out the build, get the items and actually do it. At the moment, everything you've said is just in theory and seriously I know no one else, except me who has seriously try this chest to see if there is something special about it.
I've easily thrown like maybe 20 ex or more just to screw around with this chest and spec with certain things, clearing out all types of content with it. And my conclusion came down to, this chest is just not a truly viable option. I would rather use a 400 es chest for a CI melee build, or just a random glorious plate with resists and life or just a bringer for a life build.

I would love to be proven wrong about this chest. I welcome it. I even offered to give you exalteds to make a build with the chest that isn't out-shined easily by some mediocre chest in most cases. I'm practically sitting on currency while I'm not playing this game as much as I used to.

"
@Zanyu, Invalesco actually had a CI build up which used a rare Astral for a chestpiece. Not sure how long it's been since updating or anything, but my understanding is that it's at least viable.

I did a quick search, only found him doing I think a level 67 map and very slowly clearing it, and I think coming close to death.

Possible =/= viable.

What I consider viable in this game is being able to consistently execute something with near amount of the same effort.

If I were able to fully clear a level 67 map with death's oath within say 2 hours, and almost experiencing death 3 times, versus say a normal clear in 30 minutes and never coming close to death is a difference of what is viable and isn't. Because to make an item to even become usable it required high tiers of gear to make another item usable, with a crappier clear speed and higher risk with no higher reward gain.
IGN: Zanyu
**-=Zanyu's Jewelry Shop=-** Buy 2 get 1 free special!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/424110
-=Zanyu's Weapon and Armor Shop=-
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417148
Last edited by Zanyu on Jul 14, 2013, 10:12:12 AM
"
Zanyu wrote:
Novalisk the point of an ES build is usually to have a larger amount of "health" pool and if you do take a large amount of damage, there's at least a larger buffer than melee life builds. I'm guessing that was the logic GGG had when they were nerfing the life nodes.

That's just one aspect of ES builds (which is present in this build as it has more HP than a health build).

Chaos Damage immunity and avoiding the penalty of Vaal Pact is just as important as having a larger HP pool, if not more.

"

I've done the math and some extensive testing with death's oath and I simply cannot justify using this chest piece in any real niche build without saying a rare chest with near above average stats to serve the same use and perform better.

I've also done the math, showing that my build has more EHP than a full ES build before you even consider the higher armour.

Frankly with all the block and armour, and with the ES not being that inferior, I can see a lot of viable ES shield builds regardless of Death's Oath.
"
I've also done the math, showing that my build has more EHP than a full ES build before you even consider the higher armour.

Message me when you try it, tell me your results of your build, with a gear breakdown as well as a video. Cause at the moment, it simply just didn't work when I tried.

I've said many times, the gear you have to buy to make death's oath to work is extremely expensive and I ran a CI build to quickly test out map clear effectiveness from a regular 450 es chest to death's oath. The 450 es chest granted a safer and faster efficient map runs. I don't know what else you want me to say man. I'll admit I didn't run the best of the best of ES gear, but I run pretty decent gear.

Just random leftovers I still have from trying it out. But yeah as you can see, it's not like I used the cheapest possible gear to experiment with it.

Who knows, I might've missed something, probably screwed up a few points from how I did my CI death oath build, or what ever.

I was going back through the thread:
"
Works great in my head! Sadly I don't play enough to afford those items.

Is there really a point in making a build and advertising you can't afford or have tested?

I was just throwing my two cents in, trying to save you the time and money on a build that is most likely to fail. But if you're still confident, go ahead. And my offer still stands, make a build post a video where I wouldn't do better with a regular ES chest and I will gladly give you some currency.

Anyways at the moment it's just all conjecture and it just looks good on paper, until you post a video with results, very few people if any, will go out of their way to try out this build.
IGN: Zanyu
**-=Zanyu's Jewelry Shop=-** Buy 2 get 1 free special!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/424110
-=Zanyu's Weapon and Armor Shop=-
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417148
Last edited by Zanyu on Jul 14, 2013, 6:19:25 PM
It comes down to this.

1k es, tri resist vs 50 attribute, 15 attack speed, 1600 armor, 5% life leech (not going to count the aura cause it doesn't do jack).

Which do you think is better? I'm on the ES side.
Last edited by cloud9xx on Jul 14, 2013, 6:27:47 PM
"
Zanyu wrote:
"

I've said many times, the gear you have to buy to make death's oath to work is extremely expensive and I ran a CI build to quickly test out map clear effectiveness from a regular 450 es chest to death's oath. The 450 es chest granted a safer and faster efficient map runs. I don't know what else you want me to say man. I'll admit I didn't run the best of the best of ES gear, but I run pretty decent gear.

Just random leftovers I still have from trying it out. But yeah as you can see, it's not like I used the cheapest possible gear to experiment with it.

Who knows, I might've missed something, probably screwed up a few points from how I did my CI death oath build, or what ever.

Did you get the shield nodes? Because that's the biggest factor of the build which allows you to go without an ES chest. If you get a high ES shield with shield nodes over plain ES nodes, you can get armour instead of ES on your chest or other pieces of gear.

OP is just a troll/retard.

"
Pricy but efficient, this is a build that will net you stable performance in pretty much all content.

"

You are literally spewing bullshit from your mouth.

You slapped a random build together, slapped your own seal of approval, and think it's like the greatest god damn thing ever, which you haven't even fucking tried.
"
OP is just a troll/retard.

"
Pricy but efficient, this is a build that will net you stable performance in pretty much all content.

"

You are literally spewing bullshit from your mouth.

You slapped a random build together, slapped your own seal of approval, and think it's like the greatest god damn thing ever, which you haven't even fucking tried.

You don't even try to refute my numbers, slap a bunch of insults together, and call me a troll/retard.

Ok.
i think a more viable option with using deaths oath would be a life based character. With high block percentage the use of punishment and tempest shield combine with the chaos damage aura i believe this would be a much more efficient build. The key items in the build would be blood dance boots,
and deaths oath. The more chaos resistance the better of course, but with the combination of life on block and % life regen from frenzy charges and chaos resistance when possible i believe the 4500 chaos damage would be easily mitigated. With this build it would also be possible to sub out a shield and use a staff and maintain high blocking chance. Currently this is purely speculation of course.

aegis aura would be a very good choice for this build

ill attempt the build once i purchase a deaths oath.

if you would like to further help me theory craft this build my ing:Dr0p

anyways just something to think about.
"
dr0p wrote:
i think a more viable option with using deaths oath would be a life based character. With high block percentage the use of punishment and tempest shield combine with the chaos damage aura i believe this would be a much more efficient build. The key items in the build would be blood dance boots,
and deaths oath.

I addressed this earlier in the thread. Life based builds need a lot of chaos resistance and regen to negate the chaos damage from both death's oath and blood rage. If you get Blood Dance, then you're not getting Darkray Vectors which don't have an attack speed penalty and give you great mitigation in the form of dodge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info