[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

After having the 3vs.1
you in the lvl 28 pvp,(I was Tureshot, PA ranger) I jumped after you endgame shadow build.

Very, very happy with the outcome so far. Fantastic fun! I am lvl 38, already using CI in Crule, 1200 ES. Not having problems at all.

Main is a duelist, this kicks the shit outta him lol. I can't wait for the next couple days when I hit 60+.

+1 to you sir.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Last edited by didevol on Nov 20, 2012, 11:43:05 PM
"
didevol wrote:
After having the 3vs.1
you in the lvl 28 pvp,(I was Tureshot, PA ranger) I jumped after you endgame shadow build.

Very, very happy with the outcome so far. Fantastic fun! I am lvl 38, already using CI in Crule, 1200 ES. Not having problems at all.

Main is a duelist, this kicks the shit outta him lol. I can't wait for the next couple days when I hit 60+.

+1 to you sir.

ah yes i remember you :) nice stuff! feel free to ask if you have any problems or need any advice :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I notice you dint use 2 daggers. Is there a reason why?
"

He is using Chaos Inoculation and so by using a shield it gives him a vast amount of energy shield and block chance, which both will give a nice amount of extra survivability, and because he has plenty of dagger passives and the use high level/quality skill gems which he can also 5L or 6L, his damage barely takes a hit, he can use a shield and still do insane damage.
"
Desbris wrote:
"

He is using Chaos Inoculation and so by using a shield it gives him a vast amount of energy shield and block chance, which both will give a nice amount of extra survivability, and because he has plenty of dagger passives and the use high level/quality skill gems which he can also 5L or 6L, his damage barely takes a hit, he can use a shield and still do insane damage.

Yup! What Desbris said. :)

Also, it is insanely difficult to craft two extremely powerful daggers to make dual-wielding worth it. Not to say you shouldn't dual wield daggers! You can if you like dual-wielding and the fast attack speed that comes along with it, but for it to be truly efficient in terms of damage output you will need 2 very good daggers of similar DPS to make it a worthy upgrade over a 1h dagger build, especially when considering that the skills this build uses are Lightning Strike and Flicker Strike, both of which only deal single-hand weapon damage per attack, hence if you dual wield, you will effectively be alternating weapons per attack which can end up bringing your DPS down if your off-hand dagger isn't up to scratch.

Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Desbris wrote:
"

Yup! What Desbris said. :)

Also, it is insanely difficult to craft two extremely powerful daggers to make dual-wielding worth it. Not to say you shouldn't dual wield daggers! You can if you like dual-wielding and the fast attack speed that comes along with it, but for it to be truly efficient in terms of damage output you will need 2 very good daggers of similar DPS to make it a worthy upgrade over a 1h dagger build, especially when considering that the skills this build uses are Lightning Strike and Flicker Strike, both of which only deal single-hand weapon damage per attack, hence if you dual wield, you will effectively be alternating weapons per attack which can end up bringing your DPS down if your off-hand dagger isn't up to scratch.

Oh yeah very good point about lightning strike and flicker alternating weapons per strike, I forgot about mentioning those when responding to him, ahhh you're far more suited to giving a more accurate response anyhow :)
looks like you placed #6 in the race, it was my first race and I made a ton of mistakes but I still got 20th! hooraay me! anyways:

what was the build you used for the race? was it this one? or the spork one? or another? can you please post the build you use? and/or just post the character's gear? skill tree?
"
namad wrote:
looks like you placed #6 in the race, it was my first race and I made a ton of mistakes but I still got 20th! hooraay me! anyways:

what was the build you used for the race? was it this one? or the spork one? or another? can you please post the build you use? and/or just post the character's gear? skill tree?

gratz! :) i basically went for a conventional dual-wield claw build but used spark heavily as well because it was turbo. I don't think it's the best build though for turbo. In hindsight I would probably have tried out a bow shadow build for more safety and speed in the turbo context. having to kill bosses in turbo as melee while trying to make sure i didn't die slowed me down loads. Doesn't help that my laptop and net is kinda rubbish at the moment so had to play extra safe for fear of desync, (which happened anyway! but fortunately I managed to survive it)

this was my gear:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Build of the Week 14
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
why all the fire resistance? I thought no one fought vaal in HC turbo?

also @melee bosses, uh yeah I used like 3portal scrolls on brutus and 3 on merveil as a melee, and all the orange named enemies on the maps besides those two? I just ran past them, I tried to kill one or two, but nearly died before doing any damage to them so I just skipped all the non-required bosses in the game, although preparing for brutus/merveil definitely slowed my run down, and was also still a near death both times.

the question I have though is what good is a ranged attack anyways? when the enemies are so fast you can't escape from them anyways? or with movement speed boots and movement speed passive(s) is it possible to kite some of the enemies you might think were unkitable?
"
namad wrote:
why all the fire resistance? I thought no one fought vaal in HC turbo?

also @melee bosses, uh yeah I used like 3portal scrolls on brutus and 3 on merveil as a melee, and all the orange named enemies on the maps besides those two? I just ran past them, I tried to kill one or two, but nearly died before doing any damage to them so I just skipped all the non-required bosses in the game, although preparing for brutus/merveil definitely slowed my run down, and was also still a near death both times.

the question I have though is what good is a ranged attack anyways? when the enemies are so fast you can't escape from them anyways? or with movement speed boots and movement speed passive(s) is it possible to kite some of the enemies you might think were unkitable?

The exploding bandits in western forst deal fire damage.

Monsters tend to stand still for a second when they get close to you so in a way you can still kite them as a ranged, but its harder. There are also ranged monsters and zombies which can be killed conveniently by ranged attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info