[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
Invalesco wrote:
1.0.1 Skill Tree Update

Hi guys, my apologies to the new players for not updating the skill tree - not gonna apologise to the vets, you guys should probably have been able to adapt! :P

I've updated the skill tree to fit 1.0.1. I've looked at the new skill tree and all I can say is wow, there's been some massive improvements while i've been MIA. The new skill tree definitely makes the concept of this build stronger.

IMPORTANT - the approx levels at which you obtain the required number of skill points is probably a little off, because there may have been changes in game recently such as new free skill points and I haven't taken those into account.

Those of you who have been through my builds will know that I use respec points quite liberally. (you get free respec points, use them!) This is because your character, or should I say this build will be quite weak at certain points in the game, and I use skill points to try and make up for it. Hence HP at the start, ES regen nodes when you first spec into CI because your damage output at that point won't be high enough to leech back enough ES, etc.

Defensively, the maximum ES you can obtain should be about the same as back in OB because there's been a very slight reduction in terms of the overall %ES values on nodes. However, the %aura buff nodes will probably boost defense a little.

Offensively, I've taken the same nodes as before so unless there's been a huge change in the %values (not that I could see), your damage values should also be buffed because of the %aura buff nodes.

There have been some nice new skills, such as spectral throw etc. I haven't actually tried it yet, because I'm trying to avoid logging into the game lest I get sucked into it again (and i can't really afford that right now.) But LS is still my favoured one, probably because this build made that skill popular in its time, and I'm kinda attached to it, but also because in terms of damage output, LS being predominantly lightning damage means that you shock things and kill things quicker.

In terms of the kind of gear you should aim for. Well, I might as well use this opportunity to show off my gear. ;) My gear has been around since April 2013, so no reason why there shouldn't be better gear around!

Spoiler

They're on my RF/PA templar atm, hence the spell gems.

IMPORTANT - only the skill tree has been updated. some of the other stuff MIGHT be outdated, but the general idea, especially the early game leveling part should not be much different. Once again, there is no need to stick strictly to this skill tree. The guide is here to provide you with some insight into the concept of this build but feel free to adapt the skill tree/skills to your own style which will give you the most fun and satisfaction - I can't emphasise that enough. Some people value defense, while others value offense. Myself, i like a balance of both.

About me
I am extremely busy with real life and uni atm, hence my lack f presence in the game. I can't reply to any messages right now, so please don't send me any! I've got a huge load of unanswered messages :( :(

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread, where other vets can help you clarify them - a big thanks to the vets!

I didn't really expect this thread to still be alive after this long, much less still be on the first page of this subforum, so once again, do accept my apologies for such a tardy update.

Cheers,
Inva

Edit: just looked at the new uniques.
Some of the new interesting/useful uniques for the build:
Crown of Eyes Hubris Circlet - this is very nice if you want to forego ES for DPS
Auxium Chain Belt - you get to forego dream fragments
The Taming Prismatic Ring - looks absolutely awesome for CC and DPS
Doedre's Elixir Greater Mana Flask

well i have been doing this build for a very long time and always on HC good to see you again invalesco, love the theorycrafting you put in the game.
and the taming is a really strong defensive and offensive build since you get a freezeboost+shock boost with LS+hatred

but there is some problems with this build and that is running 3 auras which will be really difficult so you can be forced to run grace+discipling and skip hatred untill you get all the reduced mana nodes on shadow partn and templar part of the tree if you are going for the nodes for es on templar side for example.

wish you luck invalesco hope you come back soon :>
signature?
I have one question, whats about leveling lightning gem? I have rly low str from start and dont know what to do.
"
Aloone wrote:
I have one question, whats about leveling lightning gem? I have rly low str from start and dont know what to do.

Dont level it then, later on you will need to get either some str on rings/belt or get 1-2 str nodes and when you ahve enough str you can start leveling it. Gl
@HabiaUnaVez_Truz or leave a PM if im offline
Hey guys,

This build looks really interesting and fun to play, just out of interest, around how much would I have to invest into gear (just a ballpark amount) to make this build viable?

Thanks!
IGN: _FuRi
I'd say you can get to Merciless Piety with 3-4 exalted worth of gear, at least in a non hardcore league. The minimum would be a 5-600 ES 4L chestpiece and a 150-180 dps dagger + eye of chayula, but a 7-800 ES 5L and a 250 dps dagger would be way better, in addition to a dream fragment/alpha howl/auxium.
IGN: Nanaya_Kiri
Hey guys,

been a while since I posted here. I've got a question about Double Strike. I've been playing with Multistrike in it the entire time (I totally dislike Multistrike in Flickerstrike now, as the 2 last bounces are too random to rely on.)

I was wondering why Invalesco links it to a Melee dmg gem instead of multistrike, does it really matter? Or is it just a matter of preference?

I'll also link my gear progress compared to the last time:

Spoiler

Cheers! It's still the most fun build i've ever played :)
"
Djangooo wrote:
Hey guys,

been a while since I posted here. I've got a question about Double Strike. I've been playing with Multistrike in it the entire time (I totally dislike Multistrike in Flickerstrike now, as the 2 last bounces are too random to rely on.)

I was wondering why Invalesco links it to a Melee dmg gem instead of multistrike, does it really matter? Or is it just a matter of preference?

I'll also link my gear progress compared to the last time:

Spoiler

Cheers! It's still the most fun build i've ever played :)

Its an overkill to link double strike with multistrike + faster attacks, I would recommend you to swap faster attacks for melee phys damage for much harder hits since double strike alreay hits twice in a second you dont need so much attack speed. Gl
@HabiaUnaVez_Truz or leave a PM if im offline
I kinda put that there to have less of a stunlock on my multistrike. I'll try it out :)
"
Nanaya_Kiri wrote:
I'd say you can get to Merciless Piety with 3-4 exalted worth of gear, at least in a non hardcore league. The minimum would be a 5-600 ES 4L chestpiece and a 150-180 dps dagger + eye of chayula, but a 7-800 ES 5L and a 250 dps dagger would be way better, in addition to a dream fragment/alpha howl/auxium.

Thank you for your help!
I have one more question if someone would be so kind as to answer for me;
For a build like this does the split between physical DPS and elemental DPS on the dagger matter? Is it better to have more of one or the other?

I figured it would be more preferable to have a wide variety of elemental damage since we have such a high crit chance, thus more chance to burn / freeze / shock, however I may be wrong...
IGN: _FuRi
"
Shadowfuri wrote:

Thank you for your help!
I have one more question if someone would be so kind as to answer for me;
For a build like this does the split between physical DPS and elemental DPS on the dagger matter? Is it better to have more of one or the other?

I figured it would be more preferable to have a wide variety of elemental damage since we have such a high crit chance, thus more chance to burn / freeze / shock, however I may be wrong...

I prefer pure physical dagger, since it will convert 50% of your physical damage to lightning with lightning strike... So you'll deal high lightning and physical damage. Hatred aura will cover the cold portion, and it scales as well based on physical damage. You won't deal fire damage unless you equip a ring with "added flat fire damage", but it shouldn't matter very much. Or you can use a "added fire damage" support if you want to, and it will scale as well based on your physical damage.
IGN: Nanaya_Kiri

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info