"kripps" CI Cyclone Claw build help for onslaught

what supports do people generally use for cyclone?
I'm level 41 at this moment, 827 Life, 1580 Armor without Grace.
270 DPS without auras on my cleave, 430 on dual strike.

I don't have a lot of mana, so I'm only running Grace. I can't run Hatred yet. My cleave is only linked to Life on Hit, should I try to get Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage, and Increased Area of Effects? If yes, which ones in priority? And how do I get more mana regen?
You can't get stunned while using cyclone it is already part of the skill. Why do you waste so many skill points for that?
Last edited by PureLaine on Jun 12, 2013, 1:39:29 AM
My similar build I was working on a spare time from my wander some time ago. With recent changes to skill tree and new leagues up - I finally decided to give a try. ATM 60 lvl.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwOSA6tEZYY2xv6IWAl3ymlKjgshTIJNJNAoEOcU99Y21oaXzljcG5pdPF4DX_GhNmP-pkrm4OeuaQZpzSpbq6TtkG9gb6KvqfAD8HFxLjKkNJN1fjb593j7BjvTu_jtfIUdXRBd9d_KzB8UUeNvwW1tMVHBkBVb1cMjQ1JwuwrCsEA2xoQe_VLvjrDbV9qLL-GrhXX14ZWY6KjwfNtGTvh4venK-OEiGu295ma62MRLzrteri3PsauPC3E9j0PJIt8u548gW9N2MQVmnitHt1Imy2Mdii1YIhhUp_L
I like your build Martozo, but for leveling can u give us some advice mainly about hp routes, and i think is a dual wild build?
I start using krip original build with some hp nodes, but yours seems better structured.
Last edited by Prodigyro on Jun 12, 2013, 3:50:31 PM
So, at around which point are we expected to safely transition into CI? Entering merciless? 60~? Higher? 75 maybe? I'm not really sure.
I don't understand this build.First of all it doesnt have accuracy at all.I don't know much about cyclone,i guess it can't miss so u don't need accuracy,but still,will cyclone be your only attack?Also the DPS without godly gear,will suck.Second,why don't just go with the regular critical shadow build.Dagger or claws.With daggers your leech will be way less since u ll leech only with blood rage,but with so high DPS that this build provides,10% that an 20% blood rage would be enough to fully recharge you.The only reason i can think to pick a duelist instead of a Shadow,is that a duelist will propably provide more survivability in the begining,before going CI
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jun 13, 2013, 8:11:51 AM
I did not go this route, here's my build @lvl73.

The auras I run as life-based are : grace/hatred/determination/tempest shield

Absolutely 0 mana issues with a +2% mana leech ring (you can get it on gloves, or weapon too). Before getting that I had to use mana leech gem in my setup.

Links atm are cyclone - faster attacks - added fire - melee physical

Weapon is (and should be) pure physical claw. Highest physical damage possible.

You absolutely need a shield to survive, unless you have GG life gear, which you probably won't have since you're saving for CI gear.

Gameplay as life-based cyclone is as follows : link immortal call & bloodrage (if you have positive chaos resist) to increased duration. If you're going against hard hitters (physical aura bears for instance), endurance cry, immortal call, cyclone. Otherwise you're just fine with the insane life leech you get from the claw + talents + bloodrage.
You want to get at least 8k armor, which is pretty easy with IR & determination/grace.

Engame build will be this : with adjustments depending on the gear I get.

I'm going to focus on eva/es to begin with.

Ideal setup : cyclone - melee physical - melee physical on full life - added fire - faster attacks

IGN : @Hrrrrrrgh
Last edited by shaar on Jun 13, 2013, 3:35:31 PM
"
gogopex wrote:
So, at around which point are we expected to safely transition into CI? Entering merciless? 60~? Higher? 75 maybe? I'm not really sure.

You cannot safely go CI until you have at least 4k total ES & 8k armor. Probably not going to happen before lvl85 for me I'm assuming.
IGN : @Hrrrrrrgh
"
shaar wrote:
"
gogopex wrote:

You cannot safely go CI until you have at least 4k total ES & 8k armor. Probably not going to happen before lvl85 for me I'm assuming.

Thanks. It'll be my first time transitioning into CI, but 4k ES 8k Armor are good indicators. I'll need to calculate all of that when I start getting CI gear. 85 seems really really high though, a bit discouraging to know I'm gonna have to level as a life-based elecleaver until there. ;~;

Here's my build so far:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABS0OrRUgGNshYCi1KaUqTSyFLOkyCT8nQKBBh0OcR35KfVPfWNtaGluvXzlgS2CIYVJlTWegapNsFm5pbqp07XTxerh674PbhNmHdpkrmy2bg5_LrpO2Qb2BvqfAD8qQznHSTdXt3Q3d4-9O_Ev8xQ==
I'm barely scrapping 2.8k armor and 1.7k life, and while I'm doing enough damage, I still feel squishy as f-. Wish I had went your route, even if it's bit more pricy to respec to CI.

I'll drop cleave when I get to the claw nodes and get good phys claws, and start leveling as life-cyclone until I can transition CI.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info