"kripps" CI Cyclone Claw build help for onslaught

Yes the dmg seems to be a bit too low for how the skill works. They should up the damage effectiveness.
Even with all the claw damage nodes and a really decent weapon you will reach only around 4k dps. It's okay for soloing but in 6-man groups your damage is just really low compared to a lot of other builds.
Well i made the switch to cyclone now with a 5L. But please explain me how u have 4k dps when i have just 600.. on the tooltip it says that atleast. Got it linked with melee phys, mana leech, life leech, cyclone and added lightning. (wanna replace to added lightning with inc aoe one i lvled it up) The life leech is really nice though, dying is pretty much impossible aslong as i keep cycloning.

edit: Claw =

chest:
Last edited by Stoneyfrog on Jul 14, 2013, 6:38:52 AM
Spoiler
"
Stoneyfrog wrote:
Well i made the switch to cyclone now with a 5L. But please explain me how u have 4k dps when i have just 600.. on the tooltip it says that atleast. Got it linked with melee phys, mana leech, life leech, cyclone and added lightning. (wanna replace to added lightning with inc aoe one i lvled it up) The life leech is really nice though, dying is pretty much impossible aslong as i keep cycloning.

chest:

you get higher dps when u get higher level, better gear and better links. you cant compare yourself to endgame build atm.
ign: YongSook
"
Stoneyfrog wrote:

chest:

I said all the claw dmg nodes and a really decent claw.
(high +% roll, high flat roll, atkspeed roll and optionally accuracy + dmg roll)
Ofc you need decent accessory too, that can boost your damage by quite a bit.

Try melee phys, faster attacks, melee on full life (this thread is about CI) and added fire.
With the life leech claw nodes you don't need life leech as a support gem neither will you need mana leech once your damage is high enough to leech a sufficient amount with just the Mind Drinker node.

But it is still low, 4k is low for a lvl 90+ build with that many dmg nodes and a 5L.
Any thoughts on 0.11.2? Am I correct in assuming that this build will be nerfed because of the Iron Reflexes and CI changes? I'm especially worried about IR.
Would you go for a ranger node to get the full respec, lose IR and go for armor instead of evasion?
"
Any thoughts on 0.11.2? Am I correct in assuming that this build will be nerfed because of the Iron Reflexes and CI changes? I'm especially worried about IR.
Would you go for a ranger node to get the full respec, lose IR and go for armor instead of evasion?

I did not respec out of IR, but I'm also using:

so I have a lot of flat evasion.

I went from about 12k armor w/ grace + determination pre-patch to ~10k armor.
Or you know, if you want a viable melee cyclone build... with:

3 times more DPS
2 times more survivability
5 times cheaper gear

you could just do this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470670
Last edited by Exalton on Jul 20, 2013, 3:32:16 PM
IMO, this build has 2 things it does really well. First one is the insane amouth of life leech you can get. The implicit property on a claw, the 12% from claw passive talents, blood rage and vaal pact gives insane amouths of life back.

The second thing is the damage multiplier stacking. As CI/cyclone build you can link Melee Phycical Damage, Melee Damage on Full Life and Concentrated Effect together. To fully understand just how insanely you can stack damage with this you need to understand how these "more" multipliers work. Basically take the full damage you would otherwise deal, multiply it with 1.49, then multiply the new sum with 1.49 again and finally multiply that sum with 1.69.

Depending on how many sockets you work on i'd probably socket in this order of priority:
Cyclone - Melee Damage on Full Life - Melee Physical Damage - Concentrated Effect - Increased Area of Effect.
Last edited by RGnack on Jul 25, 2013, 2:17:04 PM
Guys im getting ready to respec to CI now, and was wondering what should I look for the items. ES res and what else? And what type of shield do you guys use?
IGN :Rippones
"
mikemann90 wrote:
Guys im getting ready to respec to CI now, and was wondering what should I look for the items. ES res and what else? And what type of shield do you guys use?

You absolutly need a very big mana pool as mana leech aplieas with 12.5% of your max mana per second to support cyclone, also you want as much +phys and %phys as you can get with your build.

I am now nearly finished with the build, slightly altered as i am on standard core and also feel like some of the crappy es nodes can be cut either way.

For anyone interested:
My gear:

Spoiler

Abyssus gives a HUGE dps boost if you can justify loosing ~300 es on your helmet and can deal with the downside.
I currently have 5K es and i can handle almost everything, vaal smash is the only thing that kills me but with 11K dps he usually dies before he can finish spawning his minions

so yeah i run grace, discipline, hatered and tempest shield for auras and use enduring cry, bloodrage and warlords mark (or enfeeble for bosses)

With frenzy charges i have 11K tooltip dps on cyclone and ~ 16K on doublestrike (linked with melee phys, multistrike and crit damage because i am too lazy to recollor)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info