Grace & Determination were nerfed, aura cost was not

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
That's right, enjoy a 49.98% decrease in defenses from both Determination and Grace, but don't worry the new armor bases make up for it, except they don't, because if you calculate the armor & evasion you had with pre-nerfed determination & grace with the old bases, it ended up being more armor & evasion than with the new bases plus new changed number auras. Therefore, it's a NET nerf as usual.

So in summary, less determinism from gems/auras in terms of getting defenses, just rely on RNG drops from new armor bases instead. Are they going to reduce the mana cost at all to compensate how much defensiveness you lose with the new auras? No. Oh and the monster defenses and offenses? Stays the same. Are the Archnemesis mods still in the game? You bet.

Do Standard players get the same new armor and evasion changes on their existing gear? Of course not, but do we get the same gem changes to the armor and evasion? You bet. This is balance apparently.

Do you just not know math or what's going on here?

"Determination

Modified
New: You and nearby allies gain 1026 additional Armour
Old: You and nearby allies gain 2051 additional Armour"

That's a 49.98% reduction in armor from the aura. What part of this math was not clear to you?

By the way, as mentioned before, Standard gear does not get the same armor and evasion bases as the beta-test realm so Standard gets a nerfed version of both determination and grace with nothing to compensate for losing out on all the armor and evasion other than unobtainable mirror priced legacy gear.

Not sure how the person in the previous responses calculated their armor or evasion because if you add up the armor and evasion from the new bases + new auras, it is less armor & evasion overall. The only redeeming factor in the changes to defenses are with getting more life rolls but it doesn't matter if you get hit all the time or can't evade attacks. Now you have to sacrifice even more to get defenses as opposed to offenses.

Also, most of your responses are just defending all dev decisions so there's clear bias.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Bosscannon wrote:
I am specifically talking about non-defensive uniques in major slots that are being disproportionately hit by the changes but you provide examples of specifically defensive items as counter argument how everything is fine... I dunno what else I can add for you to understand.

Ok, I'll bite. Link me the build from 3.24 that was defensive just by merit of Grace / Determination having those flat values that will not have sufficient defene in 3.25 due to that specific change, in the greater context of base types gaining more flat defence and new tiers being added.

EDIT: just saw the new eva/es body armour base type.

Necrotic Armour
Dex req: 240
Int req: 240
Evasion (max): 1000
ES (max): 280

Versus old Sadist Garb
Dex req: 103
Int req: 109
Evasion (max) 491)
ES (max): 107

I swear y'all crying over nothing.

But do you see that stat requirement?

I mean if you use old armors or boots or whatever with current nerfed auras, you are in a disadvantage. If you use new equip with nerfed auras sure, you might hit even higher now.

But the new problem is the stat requirement, so to get at least to the same stage as before, you need more investment into stats. Seems like overall you need more work to do to return to what you had (or hopefully more).

So doesn't it in essence mean that your life has become harder now? :D 2x stats needed, great. It's not like you can pull them from somewhere infinitely. You take something, you lose something.

Another league of sacrifices to just figure out how to equip this new crap.

No even old armour rolls higher now because of new quality did you even read my post before this one jesus.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info