Grace & Determination were nerfed, aura cost was not

"
Ragganmore wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
That's right, enjoy a 49.98% decrease in defenses from both Determination and Grace, but don't worry the new armor bases make up for it, except they don't, because if you calculate the armor & evasion you had with pre-nerfed determination & grace with the old bases, it ended up being more armor & evasion than with the new bases plus new changed number auras. Therefore, it's a NET nerf as usual.

So in summary, less determinism from gems/auras in terms of getting defenses, just rely on RNG drops from new armor bases instead. Are they going to reduce the mana cost at all to compensate how much defensiveness you lose with the new auras? No. Oh and the monster defenses and offenses? Stays the same. Are the Archnemesis mods still in the game? You bet.

Do Standard players get the same new armor and evasion changes on their existing gear? Of course not, but do we get the same gem changes to the armor and evasion? You bet. This is balance apparently.

You need to calm down and stop spewing hate just because you are bad at math.
Also we lack information to the values of most new Base Types.

And for everyones comparison.
Having a 20 Quality T1Flat+T1% Armour Glorious Plate in 3.24 came out to it being ~2840 Armour.
Having a 20 Quality T1Flat+T1% Armour Royal Plate (new base) in 3.25 (new Quality calculation) comes out to ~3908 Armour.
(Yes i took Base %ile into account when making the comparison. But there might still be room for error due to the lack of information available at this time.)

That is [b~]1070 Armour back[/b]. From just having a different base and updated quality on a single Slot. (And there is still a prefix open in this example)

Also, just to make sure how impactful the Quality changes are. Using the 3.24 example Chestpiece from above and changing the Quality calculation to the 3.25 value it goes from 2840 Armour to 3110 Armour. 270 Armour increase. Just because the way Quality works got changed. Now do that across your entire character.

Now sure, the chest slot gives the most armour, and many builds don't use a rare item there, or want different stats than armour from it. But it is not the only thing where defenses increased. You got the Quality go from increased to more Defenses per % on every single gear piece. There are new bases for every Armour Slot except Shields. So unless you use uniques in every slot (at which point you don't care about your defenses in the first place) or are an Aurabot pushing %inc Aura Effect, which affects Determ/Grace Flat Values aswell you won't notice much if you simulate the changes in PoB.
Spoiler
Or as for my 3.24 Aurastacker, even gain 150.000 total Armour (my PoB Armour went from 2.100.000 to 2.250.000 on my Armourstacker, which is just gonna be more with new bases and once i can put restricted affixes on actually good bases via Recombinators)

Pretty sure its a bot account with rage bait posting automated or something.

Wrong about trans gems, wrong about replica uniques, doesnt seem to know how automation support works, doesnt know how call to arms support worked, doesnt know how autoexertion works even with patch notes and the gem showing what it does, doesnt know the increased effect of multiplicative quality changes...
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
After nerfing these GGG should definitely consider lowering mana reservation requirements. 50% now feels pretty heavy. At least 40% maybe.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Jul 26, 2024, 10:30:15 AM
"
Bosscannon wrote:
except many uniques are designed specifically to have fuckall defenses and 120% of fuckall is still fuckall

Any unique that has big modifiers of increased defense benefits greatly from the change. This doesn't just include armor but also unique weapons.

Examples of this are:
- Brass Dome (max roll was 400% increased armor; quality 3.24 meant 420% armor, quality 3.25 means 480% and 520% assuming 30% quality; essentially this pushes the chest to 5k + armor when it was 4k before)
- Queen of the Forest (240% max roll, 3.24 would be ~2.4k eva while 3.25 is ~3k at 20% quality)
- Hyrris Ire (3.1k versus 3.8k)
- Shavronne's Wrappings (377 versus 453)
- Atziri's Splendor (1663/1663/338 versus 1996/1996/407)

And so on...

And for weapons we got some notable outliers with

- Uul-Netol's Embrace (500 pdps versus 602 pdps)
- Starforge (766 pdps versus 920 pdps)

You get the idea.

Let's not pretend the quality changes are not substantial or material to defences, while also buffing some underutilized unique items in the process.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
I am specifically talking about non-defensive uniques in major slots that are being disproportionately hit by the changes but you provide examples of specifically defensive items as counter argument how everything is fine... I dunno what else I can add for you to understand.
"
Bosscannon wrote:
I am specifically talking about non-defensive uniques in major slots that are being disproportionately hit by the changes but you provide examples of specifically defensive items as counter argument how everything is fine... I dunno what else I can add for you to understand.

To provide an actual case example where this would be a problem, so much so, the way you are making it out to be, that the character would now have a major hole in their defensive's.

Only influenced by the changes, and not having anything to do with a silly squish factory build.

Nothing had good defensives solely on determination and a unique ridden build, with the uniques in question, having 0 defensive value. Sounds like an absolutely horrific/confused build to begin with.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 26, 2024, 12:28:05 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
That's right, enjoy a 49.98% decrease in defenses from both Determination and Grace, but don't worry the new armor bases make up for it, except they don't, because if you calculate the armor & evasion you had with pre-nerfed determination & grace with the old bases, it ended up being more armor & evasion than with the new bases plus new changed number auras. Therefore, it's a NET nerf as usual.

So in summary, less determinism from gems/auras in terms of getting defenses, just rely on RNG drops from new armor bases instead. Are they going to reduce the mana cost at all to compensate how much defensiveness you lose with the new auras? No. Oh and the monster defenses and offenses? Stays the same. Are the Archnemesis mods still in the game? You bet.

Do Standard players get the same new armor and evasion changes on their existing gear? Of course not, but do we get the same gem changes to the armor and evasion? You bet. This is balance apparently.

Do you just not know math or what's going on here?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bosscannon wrote:

Ok, I'll bite. Link me the build from 3.24 that was defensive just by merit of Grace / Determination having those flat values that will not have sufficient defene in 3.25 due to that specific change, in the greater context of base types gaining more flat defence and new tiers being added.

EDIT: just saw the new eva/es body armour base type.

Necrotic Armour
Dex req: 240
Int req: 240
Evasion (max): 1000
ES (max): 280

Versus old Sadist Garb
Dex req: 103
Int req: 109
Evasion (max) 491)
ES (max): 107

I swear y'all crying over nothing.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jul 26, 2024, 1:19:16 PM
Grace/Determination didnt even get weaker if you have good gear,you prfit a lot more from the more ar/eva bonus

they simply moved early power from auras to later when you have good gear

im not sure if i like the change,but with good rolls on new bases you can get a lot more with the auras and you can get away with not using the auras at all depending on builds/gear
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Bosscannon wrote:

Ok, I'll bite. Link me the build from 3.24 that was defensive just by merit of Grace / Determination having those flat values that will not have sufficient defene in 3.25 due to that specific change, in the greater context of base types gaining more flat defence and new tiers being added.

EDIT: just saw the new eva/es body armour base type.

Necrotic Armour
Dex req: 240
Int req: 240
Evasion (max): 1000
ES (max): 280

Versus old Sadist Garb
Dex req: 103
Int req: 109
Evasion (max) 491)
ES (max): 107

I swear y'all crying over nothing.

But do you see that stat requirement?

I mean if you use old armors or boots or whatever with current nerfed auras, you are in a disadvantage. If you use new equip with nerfed auras sure, you might hit even higher now.

But the new problem is the stat requirement, so to get at least to the same stage as before, you need more investment into stats. Seems like overall you need more work to do to return to what you had (or hopefully more).

So doesn't it in essence mean that your life has become harder now? :D 2x stats needed, great. It's not like you can pull them from somewhere infinitely. You take something, you lose something.

Another league of sacrifices to just figure out how to equip this new crap.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Jul 26, 2024, 3:16:11 PM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
"
Ragganmore wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

You need to calm down and stop spewing hate just because you are bad at math.
Also we lack information to the values of most new Base Types.

And for everyones comparison.
Having a 20 Quality T1Flat+T1% Armour Glorious Plate in 3.24 came out to it being ~2840 Armour.
Having a 20 Quality T1Flat+T1% Armour Royal Plate (new base) in 3.25 (new Quality calculation) comes out to ~3908 Armour.
(Yes i took Base %ile into account when making the comparison. But there might still be room for error due to the lack of information available at this time.)

That is [b~]1070 Armour back[/b]. From just having a different base and updated quality on a single Slot. (And there is still a prefix open in this example)

Also, just to make sure how impactful the Quality changes are. Using the 3.24 example Chestpiece from above and changing the Quality calculation to the 3.25 value it goes from 2840 Armour to 3110 Armour. 270 Armour increase. Just because the way Quality works got changed. Now do that across your entire character.

Now sure, the chest slot gives the most armour, and many builds don't use a rare item there, or want different stats than armour from it. But it is not the only thing where defenses increased. You got the Quality go from increased to more Defenses per % on every single gear piece. There are new bases for every Armour Slot except Shields. So unless you use uniques in every slot (at which point you don't care about your defenses in the first place) or are an Aurabot pushing %inc Aura Effect, which affects Determ/Grace Flat Values aswell you won't notice much if you simulate the changes in PoB.
Spoiler
Or as for my 3.24 Aurastacker, even gain 150.000 total Armour (my PoB Armour went from 2.100.000 to 2.250.000 on my Armourstacker, which is just gonna be more with new bases and once i can put restricted affixes on actually good bases via Recombinators)

Pretty sure its a bot account with rage bait posting automated or something.

Wrong about trans gems, wrong about replica uniques, doesnt seem to know how automation support works, doesnt know how call to arms support worked, doesnt know how autoexertion works even with patch notes and the gem showing what it does, doesnt know the increased effect of multiplicative quality changes...

I was and still am correct about everything I wrote. Do you have any criticism about what the devs put out in the game or is it all praise? Otherwise, which sounds more like a bot? Someone who blindly agrees with every change or someone who actually has critical thinking skills and can determine when something is a severe nerf?

Also, your account was made in 2020, my account was made in 2013. Therefore, there's no need for you to be projecting when you lack experience.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info