Grace & Determination were nerfed, aura cost was not

So grace & determination were both fairly heavily nerfed.

Some might say they are now less competitive options when a player is properly invested elsewhere. This could especially be true considering the aura cost was not changed.

I would like to suggest it be looked at whether the reservation cost should be brought down to 40% or even in-line with Discipline at 35%.

Please give consideration
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2024, 2:50:42 AM
it wasn't really nerfed giving the quality change and the new item bases.
They just removed some power from the auras and placed them back somewhere else for obvious reasons to prevent even further power creep
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
That's right, enjoy a 49.98% decrease in defenses from both Determination and Grace, but don't worry the new armor bases make up for it, except they don't, because if you calculate the armor & evasion you had with pre-nerfed determination & grace with the old bases, it ended up being more armor & evasion than with the new bases plus new changed number auras. Therefore, it's a NET nerf as usual.

So in summary, less determinism from gems/auras in terms of getting defenses, just rely on RNG drops from new armor bases instead. Are they going to reduce the mana cost at all to compensate how much defensiveness you lose with the new auras? No. Oh and the monster defenses and offenses? Stays the same. Are the Archnemesis mods still in the game? You bet.

Do Standard players get the same new armor and evasion changes on their existing gear? Of course not, but do we get the same gem changes to the armor and evasion? You bet. This is balance apparently.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Jul 26, 2024, 12:19:14 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
it wasn't really nerfed giving the quality change and the new item bases.
They just removed some power from the auras and placed them back somewhere else for obvious reasons to prevent even further power creep

^^^

Yup. New basetype introductions as well as multiplicative bonuses instead of additive brings your armor/eva actually higher than it was before.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Its fine if you have open shield body or helm slots for new bases.

But what if these in your build are taken by uniques?

If your build scaled defenses from aura and not from items your build is brick now.

It kinda feels like if you use unique chest you must use a high armour shield to compensate now or vice versa.

This is not conductive to build variety.
Last edited by Bosscannon on Jul 26, 2024, 2:07:24 AM
"
Bosscannon wrote:
Its fine if you have open shield body or helm slots for new bases.

But what if these in your build are taken by uniques?

If your build scaled defenses from aura and not from items your build is brick now.

It kinda feels like if you use unique chest you must use a high armour shield to compensate now or vice versa.

This is not conductive to build variety.

Even the uniques take benefit of the quality change
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
except many uniques are designed specifically to have fuckall defenses and 120% of fuckall is still fuckall
I mean its a buff maybe if you get good rolls on armour and can actually equip the bases. Some of those stat requirements are really really high on the preview.

Also many many builds don't have a choice about what armour they can equip. Especially those that rely on uniques enabling skills to function/automate/ or even exist.

Like melee players that want to use facebreaker or bringer of rain are heavily nerfed by this change, since determination covered for missing out on like 3 item slots.

I get that's the point, but it also really hurts players that are very attribute starved like minion builds. Those minion suffixes really eat into what they can equip. Although GGG could solve this by letting us pick and choose our attributes more freely.

At least we got slightly better endurance charges across the board.

maybe some popular rare build enabling and defining uniques should be moved onto the new bases, like shav's or whatever.

Or they could start moving those effects onto jewels and the passive tree. Which also creates a whole host of issues.

I think the changes are going to need some adjustment down the line, but it will be a good change overall, eventually.
What they should nerf is the number of auras you can have (a few obvious ways this can be done). They are the most powerful mechanisms in the game and stacking 5+ is the silly thing.

So many whiny ass posts preleague start. Get a grip
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
That's right, enjoy a 49.98% decrease in defenses from both Determination and Grace, but don't worry the new armor bases make up for it, except they don't, because if you calculate the armor & evasion you had with pre-nerfed determination & grace with the old bases, it ended up being more armor & evasion than with the new bases plus new changed number auras. Therefore, it's a NET nerf as usual.

So in summary, less determinism from gems/auras in terms of getting defenses, just rely on RNG drops from new armor bases instead. Are they going to reduce the mana cost at all to compensate how much defensiveness you lose with the new auras? No. Oh and the monster defenses and offenses? Stays the same. Are the Archnemesis mods still in the game? You bet.

Do Standard players get the same new armor and evasion changes on their existing gear? Of course not, but do we get the same gem changes to the armor and evasion? You bet. This is balance apparently.

You need to calm down and stop spewing hate just because you are bad at math.
Also we lack information to the values of most new Base Types.

And for everyones comparison.
Having a 20 Quality T1Flat+T1% Armour Glorious Plate in 3.24 came out to it being ~2840 Armour.
Having a 20 Quality T1Flat+T1% Armour Royal Plate (new base) in 3.25 (new Quality calculation) comes out to ~3908 Armour.
(Yes i took Base %ile into account when making the comparison. But there might still be room for error due to the lack of information available at this time.)

That is [b~]1070 Armour back[/b]. From just having a different base and updated quality on a single Slot. (And there is still a prefix open in this example)

Also, just to make sure how impactful the Quality changes are. Using the 3.24 example Chestpiece from above and changing the Quality calculation to the 3.25 value it goes from 2840 Armour to 3110 Armour. 270 Armour increase. Just because the way Quality works got changed. Now do that across your entire character.

Now sure, the chest slot gives the most armour, and many builds don't use a rare item there, or want different stats than armour from it. But it is not the only thing where defenses increased. You got the Quality go from increased to more Defenses per % on every single gear piece. There are new bases for every Armour Slot except Shields. So unless you use uniques in every slot (at which point you don't care about your defenses in the first place) or are an Aurabot pushing %inc Aura Effect, which affects Determ/Grace Flat Values aswell you won't notice much if you simulate the changes in PoB.
Spoiler
Or as for my 3.24 Aurastacker, even gain 150.000 total Armour (my PoB Armour went from 2.100.000 to 2.250.000 on my Armourstacker, which is just gonna be more with new bases and once i can put restricted affixes on actually good bases via Recombinators)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info