Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

I wrote on here a couple of days ago. The game is still totally bricked on Mac after the 3.24.3 update. Won't open. Just gives me an error. Here is a few select lines of the error code:

PC register does not match crashing frame (0x0 vs 0x7FF81AB1ACC5)

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.user-interactive-qos.overcommit

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11

Please help. Im playing on an M1 Mac, fully updated (Sonoma 14,5)

Im aware that the Mac player base is minuscule and thus Mac related issues probably receives less attention than Windows. Additionally, some of the responders on my earlier post told me to just buy a Windows computer. However, I don't have the money to go buy a new computer. I am a university student, and I simply don't have the money. And what little disposable income I do have, I would like to spend on in-game bank space. In other words: please refrain from suggesting simply purchasing a new computer.

Finally, if any other Mac-users are experiencing similar problems, please comment down below with model and IOS version. And if some kind soul has solved the problem and would like to share, it would be much appreciated.

I miss my daily dose of dopamine. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Danniboyi on Jul 23, 2024, 4:26:46 AM
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2024, 8:09:31 AM
I have a Mac M1 Pro with Sonoma 14.5 installed. The game client doesn't launch, once I open it it says:
"
“Path of Exile” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

I tried removing and reinstalling the game client.
Also, I tried to remove the following directory(as someone mentioned in similar threads):

"
$ rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Path\ of\ Exile

However, I haven't had any success launching the game client after the latest update.
I'm having the same issue with an M2

Also Sonoma 14.5
Last edited by StaticHeaven on Jul 23, 2024, 8:15:58 PM
Same here, the launcher tries to apply the latest patch and then fails to open the game. If I open the launcher again it redownloads the patch and fails to open the game again...

I even deleted the .app in /Application, the data /Application Support/Path of Exile and /Library/Caches/com.GGG.PathOfExile, but when I reinstall the launcher it tries to apply the latest patch even though the 40gb main game has been deleted...

M1 Pro, Sonoma 14.2
Last edited by Minolai on Jul 23, 2024, 9:15:27 PM
Same issue here. It was fine until yesterday, but I can no longer open the game since the latest patch. M1 Sonoma 14.4.1.
Last edited by pogop_ on Jul 23, 2024, 9:02:53 PM
So long that Path of Exile doesn't support the Metal renderer, you're all SOL.

Vulkan, DX11 & DX12 aren't valid on MacOS.
I am emotionally & mentally drained through the sharking waters.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jul 23, 2024, 9:57:35 PM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
So long that Path of Exile doesn't support the Metal renderer, you're all SOL.

Vulkan, DX11 & DX12 aren't valid on MacOS.

Doesn't make sense since it worked fine until 3.24.3c a few hours ago. Nothing has changed in terms of rendering.
Same Problem here on an M3 Max.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the flip of every character to standard league. As long as it is fixed by the new league, it. is more than OK.

“Path of Exile” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

Same thing for me. was working just before the update tho..
I'm also running on an Apple M2 Max Studio and am having the same issue. I haven't tried playing today until now but the game will not update properly and every time it tries to patch the game it goes from 0-100% and then the patching window closes and I get a crash window with the same error codes mentioned above.

I also want to note that I just decided to pick POE back up last week in preparation for the upcoming league. I used to play POE on a PC but now I only have a MAC and the game CONSTANTLY crashes on me leading up to today for the past 4-5 days or so. I will click portals or try changing zones by clicking on the 'door' to the next zone and it would crash... I'm not sure what the deal is but the game seems completely screwed up for Mac users for at least the last 4-5 days and now I can't even get the game to boot up.
Last edited by saikohcoder on Jul 23, 2024, 11:39:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info