6000 hours of Melee Scientific Expert Tells You the Truth- Melee changes ACTUALLY 100% suck

I actually went through the trouble of listening to most of Bens patchnotes reveal video yesterday. He basically saw DD dead and divine blessing removed and was "Yeah melee league". He didn't even see a single gem change by that point. Guess he is just tired of playing the same stuff all the time and uses these changes as a reason to do something else. Fair enough but i don't really see how that's any argument for how great melee is now.

Also this "cracked" slam build here: https://pobb.in/Abve7YxXzPz1

will end up with barely 5 mio dps, if that.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Jul 21, 2024, 1:22:17 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
I actually went through the trouble of listening to most of Bens patchnotes reveal video yesterday. He basically saw DD dead and divine blessing removed and was "Yeah melee league". He didn't even see a single gem change by that point. Guess he is just tired of playing the same stuff all the time and uses these changes as a reason to do something else. Fair enough but i don't really see how that's any argument for how great melee is now.

https://youtu.be/Xb7nxL5EIYg

Do that one I'll go find ben's notes eventually.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

will end up with barely 5 mio dps, if that. Sadly i am not even surprised that people consider stuff like this a "cracked" build.

Soooo you think the build will just do 5m based on what?

Lmfao so absolutely full of it with that take.

I like how both the OP and this response are just making things up rather than being like "okay yes we admit, we were mistaken"

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Ill pm them to you

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 21, 2024, 1:03:45 AM
"
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

will end up with barely 5 mio dps, if that. Sadly i am not even surprised that people consider stuff like this a "cracked" build.

I like how both the OP and this response are just making things up rather than being like "okay yes we admit, we were mistaken"

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Ill pm them to you

Based on POB/math obviously. Used another RT slam zerker as a basis removed all the scaling options that no longer apply and roughly calculated the extra damage he will get after changes (~80 more damage and increased attack speed from rage, 100% more from skill base damage). It's not a perfect estimate obviously but it shouldn't be too far off either. A lot will depend on the weapon. I used a 800 pdps weapon for my estimate. My estimate POB actually comes out at 3 mio, i am being generous with my guess in case i've overlooked something.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Jul 21, 2024, 1:15:13 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Ill pm them to you

Based on POB/math obviously. Used another RT slam zerker as a basis removed all the scaling options that no longer apply and roughly calculated the extra damage he will get after changes (~80 more damage and increased attack speed from rage, 100% more from skill base damage). It's not a perfect estimate obviously but it shouldn't be too far off either. A lot will depend on the weapon. I used a 800 pdps weapon for my estimate.

So your math, with no provided POB. And a private account.

Versus Bens math, which has a public POB, and a public account.

To restate what was said earlier,
Yea ill stick with what Ben has to say

Feel free to post your POB that you "calculated" in here.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
I dont think its as bad as some people claim, but its definitely not a universal buff. Plus some gems dont seem to have scaled properly. Like double strike and double strike of impaling. Normal DS lost the flat damage and has the same scaling as DS of impaling. So why would you ever use it?

But by main concern is the early-mid game progression for melee, it just seems worse than before in most ways. I can definitely see a lot of people getting baited into league starting melee and end up with a worse experience than they would have had in past leagues. But i guess getting baited by "buffs" is kind of tradition.
"

Feel free to do that. It's not my intention to convince you. I am just trying to get a picture for myself.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"

Feel free to do that. It's not my intention to convince you. I am just trying to get a picture for myself.

Well yea I mean, if you can, literally be given a build that does more than 5m dps, just based on average hit and APS alone without DOT factored in, and then somehow mess up so badly you can only do 3m with it.

Well one day you will beable to get to damage numbers that are a bit higher. I suggest... following the build as a start.

Feel free to post the POB with your calculations, I and several others, are happy to help.
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 21, 2024, 1:28:18 AM
I think there's a lot of bait and switch going on.

Melee gained Effective damage but also lost a lot of attack speed and movement. When you compare the two it's not big as it looks and it's slower / more clunky. How are we supposed to have better uptime on DPS if we attack slower and move slower?

Glad doubling the effect of DW not being interesting just shows the state of DW.
Probably the more interesting perk is block chance is Lucky.

Warden can dish out some decent damage but good luck keeping them alive.

Rage very much looks like bait IMO and Warcries are entirely relying on exerted attacks.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
"

Feel free to post the POB with your calculations, I and several others, are happy to help.

If i ever feel like i want advice from a bunch of scrubs i might just do that, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info