I feel Betrayed!

With all these changes what i see they are trying to make tft useless, but don't kill the fun and game inbetween. Some people compare necropolis with harvest KEKW, necropolis is dead already, harvest everybody could craft.
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
All hail the ,, vision,,

"
It's a great example of the never ending development malaise that GG have inflicted upon themselves. When you've promised to always make changes, you go looking for things to change. Whether that was actually necessary, a positive change, or just change for the sake of change.

Translation: "If we make everything feel terrible for the player, then everything will feel good."
I partly agree on Betrayal not feeling good - that is for two things.

1. The currency: A No-Brainer. But like others pointed out, just move on and find different things to do and eventually the market will catch up. When Veiled Orbs reach like 5-6 or higher Div-Counts people will start to play Betrayal again.

2. The strategy: Here lies my real problem with it. For me, this is definately partly nostalgia, but Betrayal was one of, if not the most complex mechanic in the entire game. I refer to the time back then where you didn´t run Katarina, but you set up your board with exactly the correct people in the safehouses, all fully connected eigher as friend or foe where needed to ensure maximum amounts of members in each encounter.

Then this got heavily nerfed with the introduction of T4-Modifiers, now the complexity drastically went down. You now focussed basically only on Aisling and Vorici in Research and Hillock in Transportation or Fortification, trending towards the end of the league for Aisling T3 only as everything else would result in a net loss if not happening by chance too. The complexity especially went down when it comes to the leader-position: It was now actually detrimental for your core-people as there was no benefit anymore, only less availability during encounters.

With the recent changes, now all you aim for is basically Scarabs, but those have been introduced as a new premium type of currency dropping everywhere, they are not betrayal-exclusive anymore (Winged-Scarabs weren´t eigher, but the syndicate was one of the best ways to generate them) and from all the legendary crafts the only thing with some use is (back in the nostalgia-part at least) It that fled for pure breachstones. It has come to the point that the most efficient way to run the syndicate MIGHT be to take Intelligence Gathering, just running the safehouses together with that new scarab that gives increased intelligence and just passively farm savehouses and katarina once they come up.

And this, looking back to where we came from, is just sad for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info