I feel Betrayed!

I was sceptical at the realese of the Infos regarding Aisling and Veiled Orbs, but honestly GGG what you did with THE Syndicate ist just uunbelivable. WHo came up with this Ideas and who sign off on that?

I playe betrayl every League as my Midgame farm. Why?

a good determinsitic way for Aisling, Vorici, and Hillock Money. It took time and afford, but in the end, you had a garanted yield.

Now you just literally gutted everything that was slightly valueable for scarbs? Srsly? and even here,.. i also could generate Winged scarabs back then, which were way more valuble as this current,.. well,.. i loose my composer here. i doint even start by the huge blue to crafiting, by deleting veiled orbs.

again,.. who ever came up with that, killed betrayel.

I genuinely think that PoE is THE best Game and i usually dont post in the forums but this time? I have 8000h played and spend alot of money on this game. 100% not this league. ...
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2024, 10:20:52 AM
catchy title.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
catchy title.

The title s a 10/10.

Yhe rest? Not so much. Things get buffed, nerfed and changed every league. So they nerfed your go-to mechanic. Adapt and find a new one. There are plenty of mechanics to use and abuse.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:
catchy title.

The title s a 10/10.

Yhe rest? Not so much. Things get buffed, nerfed and changed every league. So they nerfed your go-to mechanic. Adapt and find a new one. There are plenty of mechanics to use and abuse.
agreed to the rest x'D things get buffed and nerfed all the time they want people like op to move their ass not be lazy and try different things. mean poe is the place so much shit to do you can't do them all and them switcheroni everything or parts are altered. up to the exiles to find out what's new doc. "here are plenty of mechanics to use and abuse." true but for me fun is always there you just have to look and try meta cuck or not.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I will,. i just dont understand why you gut a mechanic sooo hard. It wasnt op,.. and it was one of the determinsitic ways to farm good currency. everyone who farmed the syndicate will be pissed.

Whats really anoying about it is, that it was done soooo passionless and jsut downright lazy.
"There is a Problem with Itemization and TFT,.."
"how do we solve this?"
"I got it,.. lets just nerf everthing about it!"

they only value now is the veiled orb and Items like Paradoxica, Diadem, Cinderswallow, which are all gated behind dropchance. This is what pisses me of. away form determinsitic, towards pure RNG in such a lazy way,..
What I don't understand why the T4 rewards are so bad... I mean T4 Gravicius is giving 4 basic divination scarabs? Really?
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Apr 4, 2024, 6:32:00 PM
I always liked betrayal, but this feels really off. I mean the small chance for a veil orb is what the main draw to it should be now? Even if you know what you're doing it takes at least some effort to get to Catarina, some scarabs that you can now just get in maps is not really worth the effort anymore, not anywhere on par with other masters. I think they'll put some nicer rewards there in the future but for now we can go cry in a corner.
"
6_din_49 wrote:
What I don't understand why the T4 rewards are so bad... I mean T4 Gravicius is giving 4 basic divination scarabs? Really?

Gravicius is OP in every other faction. Bro gifted me a headhunter last season. This season he gave me 2 Fracturing Orbs on day 2 of the league. He's awesome!

The only thing that is off about new Betrayal is the droprate of Veiled Chaos. I ran 15 Masterminds and got exactly zero. That is a pretty long dry spell
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
leto2626 wrote:
I always liked betrayal, but this feels really off. I mean the small chance for a veil orb is what the main draw to it should be now? Even if you know what you're doing it takes at least some effort to get to Catarina, some scarabs that you can now just get in maps is not really worth the effort anymore, not anywhere on par with other masters. I think they'll put some nicer rewards there in the future but for now we can go cry in a corner.

I agree with this. I feel the same as OP, but not because they nerved Betrayal, but because they made it a mindless speed farm for veiled orbs. I really enjoyed playing the investigation game and setting up my board. It was a really rewarding mechanic as far as achieving something with strategy that would also yield cool build rewards that you could sell or keep. My wish is they put more thought into what the syndicate gives as rewards for next league.

MAKE BETRAYAL GREAT AGAIN!
It's a great example of the never ending development malaise that GG have inflicted upon themselves. When you've promised to always make changes, you go looking for things to change. Whether that was actually necessary, a positive change, or just change for the sake of change.

It's also the good old sunk cost fallacy at work once more. I mean, if you're going to butcher Betrayal, just go ahead and remove it altogether. GG could have made the Scarab changes, effectively removed quality crafting over 20% and moved Veiled orbs to the Wildwood, kept that mechanic and completely removed Betrayal instead and it would have been a better overall solution.

Oh, except retaining Affliction would just be an even greater contrast in how awful Necropolis ended up being. So that was never going to happen now was it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info