Why D4 will eventually win the arpg war. Thoughts from 20 years veteran

"
Are you new?

No. He claim he is a vet.

Not sure it is Iraq or ARPG vet, or means he is a 20 y/o "vet" gamer
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
mahfightmoney wrote:
D4 released so horribly it lost 90% of its player base in a month. It has the depth of minecraft dungeons (assuming it still does). I very much dislike saying that because like many others here, I waited a decade for the game. If you are on the board of directors, sure then, D4 won. The player base feels the polar opposite.

You really think consoles are the make it or break it for PoE? Are you new? PC players will always be the target audience, console players have no clue just how gimped their version is. If instilling orbs didn't exist, the game would be damn near unplayable at a high level.

LE outclasses D4 in all the ways that are important to people who love this genre. If graphics are the end all, sure D4 is killing it. Its the hot blonde with the iq of a doormat.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Are you new?

No. He claim he is a vet.

Not sure it is Iraq or ARPG vet, or means he is a 20 y/o "vet" gamer

Thanks for the 4 am laugh, those are rare!

I would go with Iraq in this case. I am a vet of the internet, somewhere along the line I learned that people who feel the need to qualify their opinion are usually not the ones you want to rely on for objective thoughts.
also, his max level character is a Level 57 Inquisitor
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
neohongkong wrote:
also, his max level character is a Level 57 Inquisitor

Not only has he not got past the campaign, but picked the old man who refuses to wear pants. Thats all we need to know!

To be fair, I delete all my characters once they migrate to standard. I dont think that is the case with our vet though.

you can delete character, you can't delete achievement

So that people with character level 80 achievement and without would say it all

(3.0 gave me HC Uber Lab achievement for free anyway, i never really pass that by myself)

Last edited by neohongkong on Apr 5, 2024, 7:59:20 AM
And just checking. Probably not yet kill Act 10 Kitava type of "vet"

"
neohongkong wrote:
you can delete character, you can't delete achievement

So that people with character level 80 achievement and without would say it all

(3.0 gave me HC Uber Lab achievement for free anyway, i never really pass that by myself)

Good catch, I totally forgot you can see that info in their profile. Maybe one day he will get to Kitava, I would love to see his /deaths when it happens! For sure will be corpse running all bosses in act 9-10 haha.
"
XVIHAMMERXVI wrote:
I love path of exile. I just started playing it recently. I play on xbox. But the problem it has is that it's not intuitive enough for most people, it has no crossplay, and console players the biggest market have been all but cared about. We have to pay 4x the price for things while Timmy deep pockets rmts his currency on pc. Diablo has been crossplay since the jump.

Meanwhile GGG is still dragging their behinds trying to figure out if it's something they really wanna do. And even navigating simple menus and loot on console is atrocious. This game can't survive long term without console and we frankly are not happy. Something has to change in the mindset of GGG. Actually give a damn about us.

Consoles are great for single players but they're such a small playerbase in comparison to PC for online gaming :| i wouldn't bother either if i was a GGG dev
Last edited by ReikaShikari on Apr 5, 2024, 11:43:19 AM
"
ReikaShikari wrote:

Consoles are great for single players but they're such a small playerbase in comparison to PC for online gaming :|

Lol
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info