Season Two, Event 35: 30 Minute Lethal Solo

"
Half the players in each race are just getting themselves to level 15 and then logging out. That tells me the rewards at low levels are too high and people already can't be bothered to put any real effort in.

That tells me that people are more interested in taking the (however many) points than risking dying and taking nothing. If you got to level (higher point tier reward) and got the points /regardless/ of whether you finished alive or not, perhaps people would be more willing to risk the death to try for another level or two.
I can totally see the majority of racers getting 3+ points in this race ^_^
A boy's will is the wind's will, and the thoughts of youth are long long thoughts...
9th Shadow and I had only 20 min to play since my first shadow had no luck with a ranged weapon and desync hit killed me(20 hp left no pots hillock at 15% hp)
OMG! i started racing 2days ago XD and i suck, i got 1st templar LOL!!!! i didn't even reach lvl 8, the rewards are badly distributed <_<
IMHO the lowest rewards in lethal races should be a few level lower. I was 77 overall (11th or 12th duelist) and dien't even reach lvl 7...

EDIT: though don't get me wrong i had tons of fun XD I would certainly like to see some more 30 min lethal action in the future (yes i also liked the lenght of the race) :)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Apr 28, 2013, 8:38:40 AM
Nah it's the mode.

If you create 3h Lethal No Projectiles you will see some cleave duelist and ice nova templars-->Converted spellcasters at level 12
Lol fun race. I died at Mud Flats to a turbo Rhoa. Rerolled and got second place Shadow.
"
Qarl wrote:
That certainly is not the intention. There may be changes to point thresholds from week three of the season, but I am keen to see responses to these races.

I'm as casual a player as they get, and I don't think I had a chance at even one point here. Maybe if the cutoff was at something like 4-6, but for 8 I knew I had to take some risks and get to Ledge. That's not going to happen if you play from Europe and every ranged mob can chill you. One half second lag, one hit, and the pack you just ran by catches up and kills you. Don't even get me started on Rhoas.

"
Qarl wrote:

One highly requested feature was that race rewards had more reflection to the length of races. Do you think as many points should be rewarded in a 30 minute race as a 3 hour race or a one week race?

The rewards certainly should scale with the effort (read: time) put into the race. For shorter races, the points could have a time based multiplier, like RP * (race length / 30min). For longer races where you have to sleep sometime, I think the multiplier should scale down from that to account for downtime. I thought of scaling RP with expected max level or XP for the race, but diminishing returns in the former and exponential growth of the latter makes both seem inferior options.
"
zheavy wrote:
OMG! i started racing 2days ago XD and i suck, i got 1st templar LOL!!!! i didn't even reach lvl 8, the rewards are badly distributed <_<

XD XD Good job man, your closest competition was a level 4 Templar.
I loved this race would be more such. Lack of adequate loot of course did not give me the podium. But it does not matter :) everything was cool.
http://upload.grindinggear.com/uploads/maps4.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info