Season Two, Event 35: 30 Minute Lethal Solo

"
Vhlad wrote:
It sounds like you only want the best of the best, the top 5% or higher, to achieve any meaningful reward.

Have you even read what I wrote? Seems like you haven't.
"
iamsamsara wrote:
I could throw out arbitrary math and logrithms or algrorithms or whatever, but I won't. When did it become neccesary for the 90% to feel as good about their efforts as the top 10%? In the olympics the top 3 spots in each conpetition are awarded a medal, everyone else has to go home empty handed, should the olympics change to giving a medal for being in the majority too?

Your analogy is flawed. The PoE races are not like the Olympics, which is a well established worldwide institution that actually has to LIMIT the number of participants. And, as another poster mentioned, there are already big rewards given by countries to their participants just for qualifying in the Olympics.

PoE races are more like a newly established sporting event trying to gain recognition and win over more participants. Lowering the reward threshold and adding incentives makes it more appealing to a much larger segment of the community. This will lead to better competition as the larger pool of players improves, and also gain more attention/coverage for both the races, and PoE in general.
I kinda like the idea of no reward for participation.

Too many games are trying to keep player base by giving away free stuff all over the place.

It gets boring.
I can only state for me.

The Leveling Rewards seem (much) too low for me to participate
and having an elite on top that wins all the races round robin wise
is also boring for the casual (race) player.

So signature events are a very good idea.

I dont race for 1 point, thats ridiculous.
I would go for 6 points, 4 from leveling and 2 for in Top10 for the class.

If you look at the #10 and then at the level req there is a (bigger) mismatch.

I dont need any of the Season Rewards, i could pay for them ofc.
I would just like my efforts not be totally useless.

This is also a slight hardware issue, not everyone has top notch hardware
to reduce loading times etc. (!)
Some very good points have been raised in this thread, I especially appreciate Vhlad's posts.

I'd like to say that the current event system does wonderful things to exclude giving rewards to people who have rigid schedules (eg. those with jobs and family) and cannot participate in as many short events. It's a bad business practice as it might be that those people have a bigger spending potential; as a business it should be GGG's top priority to attract them. I'm not advocating a pay-to-win model, but as Vhlad said the rewards should be leveled out and the system needs to encourage everyone to play, not to make them think that putting in the hours is just not worth it.
"
Qarl wrote:
Do you think as many points should be rewarded in a 30 minute race as a 3 hour race or a one week race?

Will try my best not to sound whiny but I don't think that's what you are doing. In thade case The point tiers would be 2 3 4 5 6 not 1 3 5 7 10

The guys whos gonna get home with 10p will have over 1000p in the end anyway.
The new guys are already questionoing if they're going to reach 120 will get 1 as always and maybe soon will stop racing because everything else is "out of reach".
In my opinion, mostly, rewards are fine.
I'd only like to see changes for the races with the same length but different group settings (solo/party). Those should be different, since playing in party is easier, last ones should have their milestones higher. For instance, 1h solo - 13lvl 3 points; 1h party - 15lvl 3 points.
Closed beta member since 0.9.10f - 22nd of june 2012.
Last edited by ohyou on Apr 28, 2013, 5:48:16 AM
Is it possible to create training league that imitates the conditions of variety of leagues, perhaps with a timer built in? it could be awesome if one could prepare and try stuff for these races.. even if its not permanent and can be played few hours before the actual race.
what do you think?

and for the main discussion, i like the awards as it is now, it make me try harder and not compromise, and improve my playing too. if i got enough points in, say, 90 minuets race to just farm coves, than i probably would. but i need to step up and do merveil.
Last edited by zenist on Apr 28, 2013, 6:16:11 AM
holy fuck bitches be whining

shut the fuck up about not enough reward points and "even level 8 in 30min race is not for casuals"

If you don't get level 8 in a 30minute race it is either:
- Your VERY first time you play Path of Exile
- You didn't start before halfway in
- You go for a shower, cook dinner, or do your laundry
- You don't know what "race" means

ok im done with the rage

Fuck all of ya complaining like little bitches. Man up AND WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK IF YOU GET POINTS OR NOT
You'd be right for normal races Rullegardin but Lethal races you need to go at a much slower pace to stay alive. This is especially true for anyone who does not already win or at least place in a lot of races already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info