Affliction League Was The Best-Biggest League in POE History !!

worst league for me since bestiary ... couldn't play for like the first 2 months ... insane latency, looong loading times in towns and so on, they focus so much on poe 2, too much dotdotdot
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
I only play 1 character each league and I'm a power player so I play quite a bit in trade league then almost always take at least a month off. I pretty much finished my gearing this league by week 4 and I'm still playing every single day.

So you might ask why would I continue to play when I have no upgrades to get? Well I like getting loot, I enjoy playing juiced maps, the charms made my character so powerful it is crazy. I was doing content smoothly and easily and I fear that will never occur again - no reflect, +40% projectile bounce, culling strike, +25% elusive etc.

Anyway, this is easily the best league ever nothing is close. 5 million kills when I generally get around 2 million. Loot? I have been playing since 2013 and I have made more this league than all of my leagues combined...6 mirrors, 2000 divs, 60,000 chaos orbs etc. and thousands of divs of unsold crap. I didn't even bother selling any frags, maps, essences, Delve stuff etc. It was crazy I didn't sell anything under 1 div after a while. Literally the only mistake I made in the league was not tightening up my loot filter enough.

Now that being said the past few days after the graphics patch has been a nightmare. Unbelievable.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Mar 22, 2024, 5:03:53 AM
Affliction was probly one of my least favorite leagues...

Only good thing about it was loot, the mechanic was beyond basic and boring.
3 leagues i played till bitter end:
ritual
sentinel
crucible

"
SPYDER680 wrote:

Do you even need new mechanic to be interested in the game? We already have like 20 diffrent league mechanics added to the game, adding one more mechanic on top of that wont change the game that much.
I think the reason it was so good was the goblin troupe. Honestly should have it playing in everyone's hideout.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Funny cause I didn't really like it, mostly ignored the mechanic.

My favorite in recent past was 3.17 Archnemesis Monster building :D
Thats Really Intresting ...
"
Aynix wrote:
"
SPYDER680 wrote:

Do you even need new mechanic to be interested in the game? We already have like 20 diffrent league mechanics added to the game, adding one more mechanic on top of that wont change the game that much.

Yes, because I've already played the base game too many times. Whether I enjoy a league or not depends mostly on how much I enjoy the league's mechanic (and the second part is how much I like the challenge rewards).
"
Xyel wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
SPYDER680 wrote:

Yes, because I've already played the base game too many times. Whether I enjoy a league or not depends mostly on how much I enjoy the league's mechanic (and the second part is how much I like the challenge rewards).

You realize you still play it, with small change on top of that? Not like new league is new game. Its just one mechanic in addition to 20 we already have. I cannot undwerstand how someone can play this game if he is bored of "core game" and only cares about new league mechanic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info