Action revolution on March 17, 2024 New ban rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Shit, I prematurely eradicated.

You can always recreate and then join the revolution. Or not. Same outcome either way in terms of impact to GGG.

:)

True on the last, less so the rest.

Deleting a Ruler of Wraeclast badge is kind of a one off deal. I did want it to mean something when I did it but knew it never would. I don't stream.

To be honest I had plans: if ever I were to really give PoE and GGG the boot, I was going to do it by ahheeeming a mirror or two and then trading them to a dev in a typical gesture of irony but that would have involved trading. Ugh. Would have been funny though. No one would believe I found one. Not in the Ledge anyway.

Either way, nah. You don't win this game. No one wins this game. And I mean absolutely no one - - there is a form of loss woven into PoE at every level. Everyone just plays and if they enjoy it, if they get something out of it, well, that's winning enough when the tempo of the dance is set to "gamble". Losing... Is winning. As long as what you lose is "worth it".

As for revolution? Shitty for the farmers, every time. And that's all most Exiles are. All most Exiles want to be I would wager. Really shitty for anyone profiting from the status quo too, so when you remove those two from PoE you don't have much left.

CB: hope it all went well.

Winning in this game or lack thereof is probably what keeps me coming back. Once I feel like I've won a game, I'm done with it. The ceiling of this game is higher than I've been able to reach, so I keep going.

As for the revolution, that is OP running down the street like Hank the Tank screaming about everybody streaking.

As an aside, there is something very appealing about being a farmer. Revolt. Don't revolt. Whatever, I'll plow my fields and hopefully nothing changes of import with the old or new management. Yes, that's a very naive perspective and of course the middle/lower class gets wrecked first and the most in revolution...but I'll hold on to that simple view of just living the simple life uncaring about the old or new manager.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 16, 2024, 5:33:52 AM
"
Waitubold wrote:
So.... you've created an new account to evade your ban

You are not evading a ban by creating a new account, support actively encourage you to do so if you do get banned.

@OP You agree to the ToS when you create the account/log in for the first time
Stating you didn't sign anything isn't a defence
Telling them you spent money on the game isn't a defence
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Waitubold wrote:
So.... you've created an new account to evade your ban

You are not evading a ban by creating a new account, support actively encourage you to do so if you do get banned.

You do when it comes to Forum ban. IF you will create another account to avoid froum ban, you will get banned instantly once found.
Good luck.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
This is a quality thread if I ever saw one. I'm close to joining his crusade out of pure respect. Or pity. I don't know.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
This is a quality thread if I ever saw one. I'm close to joining his crusade out of pure respect. Or pity. I don't know.

That's why we're all on the forums, not playing the game.
How is the revolution going? Did we eat the rich yet? Have we seized the means of production?
"
hasatt0 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

That's why we're all on the forums, not playing the game.

This is the week before the announcement of the new league; which is the absolute floor of concurrency during the cycle. It's good to avoid burnout. League start is coming and I welcome the downtime.
Not to mention the absolute bullshittery of games due out this week.

Re farming: you kinda said what I chose not to, and I kinda love that. It's age and weariness speaking, of course, and a craving for productive, reliable routine that generally defies and outlasts greater events. I suppose in a gaming sense I see this as a desire for stability, something PoE never, ever promised and actively denied pretty much from the start. And what was one of the first things some of us OG testers and supporters wanted? An offline mode. A field to till at will unaffected by the vicissitudes of those greater events.

It is why I played and play lesser ARPGs. Give me a solid offline mode to binge alts and deep dive offclass tomfoolery and I am one very happy farmer.

Ironically in what I would call the hayday (teehee) of ARPGs, d2 circa 2000 or so, we didn't need to ask for any such because the whole notion of service was strictly limited to sub based MMOs hand-run by dedicated GMs. Even there patches were mostly limited to paid expansions.

There is loss in farming too - - I need only look at my poor attempt at growing tomatoes in my back courtyard to see this - - but unlike gambling it isn't part of the thrill or the impetus. It is something you really want to work against and, with the right tools and knowledge, can mitigate. You may say the same of gambling but it's not really gambling anymore if you do that.

Aside but related: I read today that one of the most brilliant poker and gin players ever died broke in a shitty motel after decades of drug abuse. Stu Ungar was so good, so fucking brilliant, he made high end poker an easy farm... And obviously that was a problem for an inveterate gambler.

If your instincts are to find serenity in farming rather than exhilaration via gambling, I say go with that and leave the sweaty, high pressure shit to those who seem to actually need it.

Viva la evolucion.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 17, 2024, 10:54:53 PM
"
Shit, I prematurely eradicated.

I am sleepy, and felt the urge to yawn when I read this, but... well, *yawn*, I go to bed, I guess...
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info