dont nerf penance brand too much....

As per the numbers given for the nerf, the current power level of Penance Brand is around 70% weaker than it was at the End of last league, HOWEVER given it was already touted as overpowered to the degree of feeling like an extra 0 was added BEFORE a keystone was fixed and doubled the damage, you can expect the DPS to be still around 75% as good as the one people got uber hyped over. Which places it firmly as 'high tier' instead of 'no brainer'
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
i think it calcs at about 70% yeah, honestly thats kind of ridiculous cause other bossing type meta skills of the past that have been nerfed and settled into the pack like explosive trap, forbid totems etc are gonna do significantly more damage than p brand now with the same sort of investment, and both those skills are wayyyyyy better for clearing maps than p brand...

where does that leave this skill?

itll still be functional but its been around for 5 minutes and now its worse than stuff thats been around for ages, if we now go back to explosive trap etc is that keeping the game fresh? the skill was so overpowered that it will still work with this nerf, you can still play it but i think pretty much anything this skill can do now a number of other things will do better, things that have been played to death for ages and i dont rly want to revisit.

you probably can league start it and itll be ok but its not a great mapping skill at the best of times so i dont think its gonna be feel like a powerful all content ability with no investment. but its not gonna be unusable trash i dont think.

with 70% loss i dont even want to play it anymore...looks like PB was a one league only skill. shame. league doesnt look that interesting to me anyway so might skip it.
Divergent trauma enjoyers felt the the same way last league.
"
with 70% loss i dont even want to play it anymore...looks like PB was a one league only skill. shame. league doesnt look that interesting to me anyway so might skip it.

Keep in mind this 70% loss is occurring AFTER a 2x gain. If the original dps was 100 and then you multiplies it by 2 its 200. If you then reduce this by 70%, its 60. So in reality, its gotten 40% worse from when people were calling it one of the most overpowered skills ever, which with how high the numbers are means it is still REALLY, REALLY GOOD
"
MouseyMoment wrote:
"

Keep in mind this 70% loss is occurring AFTER a 2x gain. If the original dps was 100 and then you multiplies it by 2 its 200. If you then reduce this by 70%, its 60. So in reality, its gotten 40% worse from when people were calling it one of the most overpowered skills ever, which with how high the numbers are means it is still REALLY, REALLY GOOD

Where's this 2x gain coming from?
they bug fixed it in the middle of last league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info