What's the problem with the campaign? Everything in the game is repetitive!

One Youtuber compared it to not wanting to re-read the same book:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FojLaDqPCzg&t=183s

But you don't have to follow the story line! I really don't understand this 'problem'. I can imagine downsides:
- Items you find during the campaign are useless in endgame.
- Completing the campaign takes time.
- When your HC character dies it takes longer to lvl a new char.
- Your build is less powerful
- Having to click NPC's during the lvling process

Except for the last this applies to any lvling scenario. How would it be better if you lvl through generic maps? That's repetitive too. Or is it that you want to skip the lvling process by standing in the corner of a high lvl map and have a buddy lvl you?

That would render HC less meaningful.

You can already collect lvling gear to make it really easy. I guess Last Epoch added some innovation in that you can vary the NPC's that need clicking a bit. Is that a big deal? Sounds irrelevant to me. What more do you want?
Last edited by RealRoodvlees on Mar 13, 2024, 4:54:35 PM
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2024, 5:54:03 PM
I like the campaign. It's maps that are boring and repetitive.
with maps you can run different map layouts and customize them so they have different stuff on them... and they take a couple of minutes to run.
campaign is always exactly the same. and it takes many hours or days for some. even with leveling gear the character is weak and slow... for people who can do it in 3 hours or whatever then thats probably fine but for others its just a slow boring chore
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 13, 2024, 5:01:56 PM
It's just a 4-5h quick rush with every new league start and even less once you have access to leveling unique items and friends to help you to rush your alts in 1h.
Don't really see much the problem myself especially with 4 month leagues being a thing now. hoho

Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
I like the campaign. It's maps that are boring and repetitive.

I don't know that I'd say maps are boring. After adding activities to the the game every few months for ten years, with most or all of it accessed via maps, the map system offers plenty of variety of things to do. It takes a couple of months for me to tire of mapping.

I agree on liking the campaign, though. From the moment you drag your shipwrecked ass out of the surf on the Twilight Strand; to the moments when your fight to simply survive becomes a roaring rampage of revenge again them what exiled you; to the moment when you're crawling through the literal innards of the cthulhu-esque monstrosity that has cursed the continent, and whose power has killed three empires and counting; to the moment when your triumphant return from exile turns into a slave rebellion which goes horribly, horribly wrong; to the moment where you're toe-to-corrupted toe with an actual cannibal god at the campaign's mid-point, after which shit really gets crazy... PoE's campaign is bananas!

I don't just like the campaign, I love the campaign. I look forward to doing it again every single league. I can't wait to see what insanity PoE2's campaign had in store for us.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
its not about doing it once or even twice...if someone wants to try 8 different builds per league then they have to do it 8 times... you guys seriously dont mind doing it 8 times in a row?
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
its not about doing it once or even twice...if someone wants to try 8 different builds per league then they have to do it 8 times... you guys seriously dont mind doing it 8 times in a row?

I have to ask... how do you have time for this? Are you streaming the game? Are you playing the game as a full-time job? If so, then what you're describing here feels like "you" problem, rather than a "game" problem. I would guess that most of the people playing this game are not blasting through 8 builds each and every league.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
"
Waitubold wrote:

I have to ask... how do you have time for this? Are you streaming the game? Are you playing the game as a full-time job? If so, then what you're describing here feels like "you" problem, rather than a "game" problem. I would guess that most of the people playing this game are not blasting through 8 builds each and every league.

Not to mention that you could just respec into a different build at any giving time. Very worst case you would need 7 characters to fill every class including scion, but I doubt that anyone blasts builds on every class with every league expect maybe a very few streamer that make a living out of playing the game and solely use it as content filler.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 13, 2024, 6:37:53 PM
"
Waitubold wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

i wasnt talking about myself specifically just in general...although i would def try more builds if there was no campaign. thats the only thing stopping me and i know i'm not alone. hell even the guy who interviewed jonathan admitted that the campaign is the reason why he doesnt play more builds
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 13, 2024, 7:22:17 PM
Whats wrong with campaign? Its simple. ITs horrible because its not about killing monsters - its about reaching next zone asap. IF campaign was like amps where you go in there and clear entire zone and that was your quest, it would feel just as good as maps.
People want to KILL MONSTERS not walk from point A to point B skipping eveything (and before you tell me just dont skip monsters, no thanks, I dont feel like doing campaign in 15h instead 5)

Its the same in every ARPG, not just PoE. I recently played LE and campaign also felt horrible, even doing it for the first time. Why? Because, again, its about going from point A to point B asap. As soon I reached echoes the game become 10 times more fun.

The campaign onalts needs to go. Most veterans are beyonfd sick of it and its main reason why they leave the game mid league instead trying another build.
Im 100% sure if they would try one league with no campaign for alts the retention would be best it ever was.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 13, 2024, 7:45:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info